Turtle Beach Ear Force X41 wireless surround headset $140 @ Amazon, Newegg

gantt

CAGiversary!
Newegg's price is part of 72 hour sale through Sunday. Amazon matched it; as with all Amazon pricing, their price could last for weeks or minutes.

Not as good as when it was $130 at Amazon, but decent, especially if you live where Amazon or Newegg doesn't charge tax.

Then you just have to hope your 360 doesn't brick like mine :).

BTW they now advertise PS3 compatibility but you have to buy an adapter, $30 wired or $50 wireless.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874502005

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Wireless-Digital-Headphone-Surround-360/dp/B002KSPKRS

Newegg also has the X31 for $80.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allen9917']BTW Amazon never had X41 for $130, the lowest is $139.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Jeff Bezos. My invoice begs to differ. :roll:

then post your invoice and prove your words. All I'm saying is that the lowest price offered by amazon in recent history is $139.99, and multiple amazon price tracking websites could back that up. You might have bought the headset from a third party seller at amazon.com, then that's another story.

Thanks, Jeff Bezos. My invoice begs to differ. :roll:

[quote name='allen9917']then post your invoice and prove your words. All I'm saying is that the lowest price offered by amazon in recent history is $139.99, and multiple amazon price tracking websites could back that up. You might have bought the headset from a third party seller at amazon.com, then that's another story.[/QUOTE]

1. I don't need to prove anything. There are other posts on CAG from people that mention buying it at the same price. There is also a thread on SD about it. I'm not going to spoon-feed you.

2. I contend you have no clue as to the lowest price offered by Amazon unless you have access to their internal systems. I don't know how those price trackers work, and I contend you don't, either. Do they check frequently enough and intelligently enough to pick up Lightning Deals? If they don't show the $129.99 price, then the answer is no.

3. It wasn't a third party seller.

4. Who the shaqfu cares? I usually like to know the lowest price something has sold at to judge a deal, and that's why I put the lowest I know of in the OP. If it was $60, then this deal sucks. If it was $130 or $140, it makes very little difference to this deal.

Huh, interesting. I got my brother X11s for Christmas but maybe I'll get him these instead and keep the X11s for myself. Hopefully Amazon price-matches.

Oh if I want a headset for TV/movies too, would I be better off getting something else or would I still need to get something like this regardless for games? If there is a better all purpose headset out there maybe I should wait.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Oh if I want a headset for TV/movies too, would I be better off getting something else or would I still need to get something like this regardless for games? If there is a better all purpose headset out there maybe I should wait.[/QUOTE]

Yes, these headphones are worth it! Especially if you have an optical out on your TV then you can use it with everything, and not just a 360. :D

One of my best purchases and I never regret buying them even with paying the full price.

The only thing is the mic only works with 360, unless you buy the specific cord and then u can use it for PC/PS3. Also if you have a wireless router try to move it away, otherwise there will be interference that will make lots of popping noises.

Those are the only drawbacks, but other than that this is a amazing sounding headset. I'm using them right now for PC gaming and my 360.

I was looking at these this week at best buy. It was 199. I am so tempted. I will face the guillotine but hey 60 bucks savings. . So these are the ones to get are these better than the other models > ax \ logitec headset?

My surround sound only has 1 outlet does it have a passthru? How does one hook up multiple systems?

[quote name='xxCxJxx']Amazon has matched the price![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll update the OP.

[quote name='gepet0']I was looking at these this week at best buy. It was 199. I am so tempted. I will face the guillotine but hey 60 bucks savings. . So these are the ones to get are these better than the other models > ax \ logitec headset?

My surround sound only has 1 outlet does it have a passthru? How does one hook up multiple systems?[/QUOTE]

I don't know of a equivalent Logitech headset for surround sound gaming on the 360.

I don't know about a passthru. I use a switch to switch between different sources (consoles, etc.) and a splitter to send the optical audio to both a surround receiver and the headset decoder.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']So these are worth it? .[/QUOTE]

It's worth every penny everytime someone tries to sneak up behind me to stab me and I hear them, turn around and shoot them!

What would be better? (wireless is nice though I don't mind wired) Buying X11+DSS or just going the X41 route? Aside from wireless, is there any difference between the X11+DSS combo and the X41s?

What are my options for powering this if I don't want to use my 360s USB when using it with other devices? Could I just get a generic USB Wall Charger or use one from something like my Kindle? The TV have a USB port labeled Service so that should work.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']What are my options for powering this if I don't want to use my 360s USB when using it with other devices? Could I just get a generic USB Wall Charger or use one from something like my Kindle? The TV have a USB port labeled Service so that should work.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can do that. I have my X41's plugged into my tv's USB port. Just keep them plugged into your TV instead of the 360 and you can use them for every component you have hooked up to it (dvd, Wii, PS3, av receiver, dvr, etc)

For those on the fence about getting these, the X41's really are worth it. And they really do improve your game when playing FPS's like Call of Duty and Halo. You can pick the smallest noises with them and instantly know what direction they're coming from. I looked into the Astro's before getting these but all the reviews I read said the 41's had better sound.

bread's done
Back