Turtle Beach EarForce X11 Headset - $32.99 @ BB

Class

CAGiversary!
I've been watching the prices on the Turtle Beach EarForce X11 headset slowly come down for a long time now. Today, I was about to finally bite the bullet and go with Amazon's pretty-low price of $42.99, when the InvisibleHand extension for Firefox alerted me that BB had just knocked it down to $32.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Turtle+...6&skuId=9824298&st=turtle beach x11&cp=1&lp=1

This is the lowest price I've seen in a long time of monitoring this item, and it wasn't advertised in the flyer. I used them for quite awhile today and can easily recommend them.

Nice deal. Might go get one since the headset the 360 came with is starting to bug me. Are these comfortable for people that wear glasses?

[quote name='chickenbutt']Nice deal. Might go get one since the headset the 360 came with is starting to bug me. Are these comfortable for people that wear glasses?[/QUOTE]

I wear glasses, and I think these are great. Really comfortable. I use them several hours each week, mostly just as headphones for the TV. But the game chat stuff works fine too.

Oh, and I paid about $45 for mine a few months ago, and I thought that was a deal. With this price, definitely go for it.

Thank god for the Price Match Guarantee Policy. I bought mine like 3 weeks ago and would've been so angry at the sale lol. Time to go get my 15 bucks back.

Damn. Thats the drop I have been waiting for. Unfortunately, I already got the sharkoon one when it went in sale. They both work on pc and you can chat on 360 & pc. If your television has tv out, you can use it for listening on all systems and television but only chat on 360. If you use hdmi, you will need an adapter

[quote name='Ma12kez']Thanks OP. Does anyone know if this works on PC for voice chat and game sound?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it works great on PC as well. There are actually two ways to use the mic on PC. The first way is to directly plug it in the microphone slot. The second way is to hook up a wired 360 controller to your PC, and just connect the controller to the headset through the provided dongle.

So it's only for the 360? I've been looking for a good set of cheap headphones for my TV & PS3. Tired of battling my TV volume and basically not being able to play once others go to bed at night. A mic isn't important to me, I have a bluetooth headset and I don't game online all that much anyways. Anyone know any good deals? (I know there's a forum for that, but figured I'd ask here instead of clogging up the forum with another thread.)

Can this be used as just a headset for online games? I have a surround sound system so I dont havy any interest in the stereo sound aspect of it but I would like a good wired headset.

[quote name='Buuhan1']So it's only for the 360? I've been looking for a good set of cheap headphones for my TV & PS3. Tired of battling my TV volume and basically not being able to play once others go to bed at night. A mic isn't important to me, I have a bluetooth headset and I don't game online all that much anyways. Anyone know any good deals? (I know there's a forum for that, but figured I'd ask here instead of clogging up the forum with another thread.)[/QUOTE]

For real, Im in the same exact boat. I picked up teh turtle beach P11 for Ps3 and Blu rays, man that set is amazing.. but it doesnt work on standard 3.5mm plugs without it also being a USB device. its very inconvenient, but i say its worth it alone for PS3 games and Blu rays. I don't care much about whats on TV now a days to have extreme Bass and high volume.

Im looking for a pair of cheap noise canceling headphones in the meantime, i have 30 days on these P11s if i decide on another pair. But none have matched the 50mm driver in the P11s for a cheaper price....

[quote name='Buuhan1']So it's only for the 360? I've been looking for a good set of cheap headphones for my TV & PS3. Tired of battling my TV volume and basically not being able to play once others go to bed at night. A mic isn't important to me, I have a bluetooth headset and I don't game online all that much anyways. Anyone know any good deals? (I know there's a forum for that, but figured I'd ask here instead of clogging up the forum with another thread.)[/QUOTE]

Looks like it just uses a standard headphone plug, so it should work just fine for anything you can adapt it into.

Thanks OP! I'm going to go flip a bunch of games at Best Buy ($130, yeah!) and I've been looking for a headset for my new gaming laptop... the price is definitely right on these. :applause:

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm guessing it's dead because it's showing $59.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here, this would have been a great pickup.

[quote name='genfuyung']Can this be used as just a headset for online games? I have a surround sound system so I dont havy any interest in the stereo sound aspect of it but I would like a good wired headset.[/QUOTE]

It can. There's two different volume controls. One for game, and one for chat. Plus the mic is mutable and adjustable as well.

For people looking for a PS3 headset, the PX21 version is on sale at kmart for $59.99, which is $20 off msrp, and still works with 360 and PC.

If you want to use it for both systems, you have to have Audio Out on your television (Which most newer TVs have). This is the best option since you can use HDMI and not have to worry about adapters. You will only be able to chat on 360 though

I have some advice when shopping at BB. Their checkout stands are NEVER up to date in relation to bestbuy.com. Trust me, I know people who work there. Sometimes even the in-store kiosks are behind. I suggest printing out the page with the sale on it and taking it in. Today I bought the X11's for the 32.99 price tag because I saw it last night at 11pm or so on the site. I brought this printout just in case they tried to inadvertently scam me. In short, they rang up as 59.99, I told them i saw them on sale, they checked their out of date computer, still said 59.99. I went to Kiosk and it said 42.99, I showed them printout with 32.99 and that was the price I paid. I could have done that first, but I wanted to let management know how crappy their company is.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Son of a bitch. I was going there today to get a price adjustment. Shit. Still worth the $43 I paid for it, though.[/QUOTE]

This. Goddammit Best buy. A 1 day sale? What the HELL.

I tried to pick mine up today since I was in the area, and they wouldnt let me pick it up. It's still at "confirming store inventory" when the CS rep told me they had to wait for it to change to "ready for store pick up"

What sucks is that they had 1 headset in stock and I asked if I could buy it at that $32.99 + tax, but they wouldnt let me since the price was changed to $42.99.

bread's done
Back