Turtle Beach Earforce X31 or other Stereo-Headset/ HD PVR

sellis35

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm looking into buying a stereo headset for my 360, and I would much prefer a wireless one like the Turtle Beach Earforce X31. I'd like some general buying advice on one. Haven't really found one less than the retail price of $99.

... I'm also looking into buying a nice PVR like the Hauppauge HD PVR to record gameplay. Anyone have advice on these?

Both Amazon and Walmart have the Turtle Beach X31 headset for $75.54.

Amazon

Walmart

I have the X11's and I like them a lot. Tried the X41's but the wireless made too much hissing and popping noise and gave me a headache..

[quote name='sellis35']I'm looking into buying a stereo headset for my 360, and I would much prefer a wireless one like the Turtle Beach Earforce X31. I'd like some general buying advice on one. Haven't really found one less than the retail price of $99.

... I'm also looking into buying a nice PVR like the Hauppauge HD PVR to record gameplay. Anyone have advice on these?[/QUOTE]
My brother has a X31 and I have a X41. We are both very happy with both of these headsets--and we can even hook them up in the same room on separate Xbox's with no problems! (We had the X3 and X4 previously and couldn't do this). The sound quality is excellent, mic is crystal clear and the reception is great. Definitely go for it!

[quote name='Tropicat']Both Amazon and Walmart have the Turtle Beach X31 headset for $75.54.

Amazon

Walmart

I have the X11's and I like them a lot. Tried the X41's but the wireless made too much hissing and popping noise and gave me a headache..[/QUOTE]

Actually, I had that problem too, but it turns out that I was just getting RF interference from my wireless internet router. All I did was move the router farther away and reposition the X41 transmitter in regard to my Xbox...and now the hissing/popping sounds are gone altogether!

So stupid to place the transmitter so close to both, but it didn't take much to figure out what the problem was. Haven't had an issue since!

bread's done
Back