Turtle Beach X-41 Sale @ Amazon $139.99 + Free Shipping!

northernglory

CAGiversary!
Just ordered myself a pair...cant wait! Just in time for Black Ops!

I've been sitting on these for about a week! They also work with PS3 and PC!

$139.99 + Free Super Saver Shipping.

:)

^ I'm pretty sure that they are universal, you may or may not need an additional cable for the PS3 version, I'm sure that they work for the ps3, but i remember reding somewhere about an extra cable..

I really want to buy these, have they dropped lower then $140 before? I will have about $40 in game credit so if it was on sale for $120 ($80 after cred) that'd be a sweet spot for me, so are these comfortable for long gaming sessions, this is my main concern more then anything, because the sound quality has been confirmed.

[quote name='allen9917']Can anyone please confirm the X41 work with PS3?[/QUOTE]

x41's work with any optical audio signal. for ps3 chat you need the adapter cables.

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']^ I'm pretty sure that they are universal, you may or may not need an additional cable for the PS3 version, I'm sure that they work for the ps3, but i remember reding somewhere about an extra cable..

I really want to buy these, have they dropped lower then $140 before? I will have about $40 in game credit so if it was on sale for $120 ($80 after cred) that'd be a sweet spot for me, so are these comfortable for long gaming sessions, this is my main concern more then anything, because the sound quality has been confirmed.[/QUOTE]

comfort is a personal preference. the ear cups slightly rubbed the top and bottom of my ears, I wouldnt say theyre uncomfortable though. they are very light in weight and clamping pressure.

Man i love/hate these headphones so much. If you need to play loud next to someone who is sleeping or napping they r the best. Especially cuz of the surround sound. Very light and comfortable and they can get very loud without disturbing my sleeping baby and gf. You neeedddd rechargeable batteries fyi.

but

they make popping sounds a fair amount (i have gone thru 3 pairs, each one did it a different amount n some of the pops r so loud they make me jump) and placement and distance of the the headphone/receivers is important 2. the hiss is very low and once ur playing u wont hear it.

when they r working perfectly there is nothing better. but sometimes i want to throw em n get wired ones like the tritons.

Popping could easily be a loose optical connection or faulty toslink cable. I have first hand experience with both causing those symptoms.

[quote name='paz9x']Popping could easily be a loose optical connection or faulty toslink cable. I have first hand experience with both causing those symptoms.[/QUOTE]

So, since you seem to know quite a bit about these headsets and various others, would you recommend them? From what I've read from the reviews and feedback from CAGS I'm fairly confident that the sound is high quality, But my largest concerns are the supposed super loud cracking sounds and the comfortability of them, I'm looking to use these for long gaming sessions and I'm wondering if they will smash my skull or not. (I also wear glasses, not sure if that would cause problems with how comfortable it may be)

I also wear glasses, they can cause some discomfort with some headsets for sure.
As far as comfort, the x41's are very light on the head. they are probably the lightest of these types of headsets Ive tried. They also dont clamp down on the head which is the thing that can be most uncomfortable for me. My only complaint with comfort has to do with the circular ear cups rubbing the tops and bottoms of my ears, ( in comparison the x11/x31 has oval-shaped ear cups) its not bad, but it rubs. I wore the x41's for atleast a couple hours at a time without wanting to take them off due to discomfort.

Sound-wise, theyre decent. As far as I could tell theyre nearly identical to the x11/x31 with the dss.
Theyre definately not worth the $200 msrp IMO, but at this price I think theyre a good buy.
The big draw to these is theyre wireless, and really the only option for that type of thing.

I did not experience any popping or cracking. I tried them in my living room where the wireless router is located and in my loft where I run a wireless bridge. In both setups I put the base between 5 and 7 feet from the wireless sources.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']So, since you seem to know quite a bit about these headsets and various others, would you recommend them? From what I've read from the reviews and feedback from CAGS I'm fairly confident that the sound is high quality, But my largest concerns are the supposed super loud cracking sounds and the comfortability of them, I'm looking to use these for long gaming sessions and I'm wondering if they will smash my skull or not. (I also wear glasses, not sure if that would cause problems with how comfortable it may be)[/QUOTE]

hey i know someone was yelling about keeping this on point but I was wondering if these are worth 5x the price i can get x11s for?

I can get a pair of x11s for 35 bucks and was wondering if these are 5xs better?

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it might help you guys out.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I've been using these headsets for about a year now and they're awesome. Super comfortable and I usually forget that I have them on at times.

One gripe I have with this headset is that sometimes you can hear "static pops" every now and then depending on what other wireless appliances you may have within your vicinity. Since most appliances/electronic devices operate on a 2.4GHz frequency, just be aware of what can interfere with your signal. The pops can get really loud and hurt your ears at times; especially if you have sensitive ears. To alleviate this issue, you need to move the hub receiver to different places (preferably higher) until it stops. Usually from my experience, the closer the hub is to you and within your line of sight, the less of a chance there will be "static pops." Changing the wireless frequency of your router helps as well. Not everyone experiences these issues though; I'm just letting you guys know that it can happen.

It also feels like it's been cheaply made out of plastic (especially the cover for the batteries), but then again, that is what makes it comfortable since it's so light.

As for batteries, I highly recommend these AAA batteries: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop...2YLY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288411528&sr=8-3. I've been using them for over a year and the charges last quite some time.

There's supposed to be an adapter for this headset that will allow for chat on PS3. I myself haven't tried it, but I'm quite sure it works fine. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-1Bx-7_zI

Again, I highly recommend this regardless of the cheap build quality and "static pops." Being able to use it on PS3 for chat and sound as well makes it that more versatile.[/QUOTE]

I want to clarify that I fixed the popping and crackling sounds by just switching to a simple WIRED connection rather than wireless. It's been two weeks so far and I haven't heard any crackling or popping sounds.

I can now say without hesitating that these headsets are pretty awesome and well worth the money.:bouncy:

[quote name='merchie89']hey i know someone was yelling about keeping this on point but I was wondering if these are worth 5x the price i can get x11s for?

I can get a pair of x11s for 35 bucks and was wondering if these are 5xs better?[/QUOTE]If you care about simulated 5.1/7.1 surround sound and/or hate having multiple wires tethering you to your console then buy them. If not, just stick with the x11s, as they are practically the same with the exception of what was stated earlier.

[quote name='paz9x']for me its a comfort issue with on-ear headsets. ive got 15 minutes at best before they get uncomfortable for me. the sound quality on the x11 with dss and the x41 are very very similar, they might be identical.
the x11 ear cup is oval shaped where the x41 is round. the x41 ear cup touches the top and bottom of my ears while the x11 sits around it.

the px21 sound quality was disappointing, that coupled with their on-ear design puts them near the bottom of the headsets ive used.[/QUOTE]

Paz9x, did you use the px-21's with the dss adapter?

I ask because while I'm interested in the x41's, I've never had a good experience with wireless headsets. And from researching TB's website the px-21 with dss, seem to be the best wired option if you're going to switch between the 360 & PS3

[quote name='rbarba4']Paz9x, did you use the px-21's with the dss adapter?

I ask because while I'm interested in the x41's, I've never had a good experience with wireless headsets. And from researching TB's website the px-21 with dss, seem to be the best wired option if you're going to switch between the 360 & PS3[/QUOTE]

I did, I dont like the px21.
It is the easiest option for switching between the xbox and ps3, in my opinion its just not very good.
I know ive read a lot of good feedback on the px21 but my experience is that they just dont produce very good sound.

Theyre also an on-ear hedset which I dont like either.

Id choose the x11/dss/adapter for xbox and ps3 use over the px21/dss

[quote name='paz9x']I did, I dont like the px21.
It is the easiest option for switching between the xbox and ps3, in my opinion its just not very good.
I know ive read a lot of good feedback on the px21 but my experience is that they just dont produce very good sound.

Theyre also an on-ear hedset which I dont like either.

Id choose the x11/dss/adapter for xbox and ps3 use over the px21/dss[/QUOTE]

Thanks Paz9x.

Guess I need to research the x11+dss option some more. Only concern is that I thought I read that the x11's don't work for chat on the PS3. Either that or give wireless another shot

[quote name='rbarba4']Thanks Paz9x.

Guess I need to research the x11+dss option some more. Only concern is that I thought I read that the x11's don't work for chat on the PS3. Either that or give wireless another shot[/QUOTE]

they just need the two adapters. theyre about $30 i think.

Okay, I'm in on these. I just hope that the successor to the 360
doesn't have something greater than 7.1 surround sound.

If so, I'll just wait a year or two, and then buy another one.

Anywho, who does the sound standardization? I'm curious who
do I pester to see what will come after 7.1 surround sound?
Will it be 9.1? 12.1? To learn about the newest direct x standard,
used in video cards, I'd pester M$. Who do I pester about the
newest surround sound standard?

I bought these off of a ebay auction not to long ago, and i am blown away by the sound. Some games sound "clangy" but most games sound excellent. Netflix in these isnt to well because it trys to simulate 7.1 in that mode.

The batteries on these headphones last forever. I would like to tell everyone that the speaking over xbox live doesnt work to well. I have the mic all the way up to my mouth and cant get anyone to hear me that well. :(

But i mainly use these for when i play solo.

Anyone elses headset shippinh taking forever? I ordered early monday morning and my headset just shipped last night. And it says its still going to be a week before it gets here but its only like 100 miles away.

fail

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']I bought these off of a ebay auction not to long ago, and i am blown away by the sound. Some games sound "clangy" but most games sound excellent. Netflix in these isnt to well because it trys to simulate 7.1 in that mode.

The batteries on these headphones last forever. I would like to tell everyone that the speaking over xbox live doesnt work to well. I have the mic all the way up to my mouth and cant get anyone to hear me that well. :(

But i mainly use these for when i play solo.[/QUOTE]
your voice problem isnt normal. troubleshoot it yourself or contact turtle beach.

bread's done
Back