Turtle BEach x12 Headset(360/PC) $43 at amazon

Well, FWIW, I just bought a pair of the Turtle Beach Z6a headphones (PC), direct from TB. These are the ones that just came out in the last month or so.

My unit, new in box, was dedective from the start. The front/right driver is damaged/malfunctioning. Not a good sign on basic quality control for an audio component/headphone manufacturer.

Dealing with TB's RMA process right now, but they are slow to respond and bailed on me before the holiday.

Needless to say I am not thrilled by their Customer Service process. I am going to replace the unit, but I will never buy from TB again, and will warn others away from them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea the x41s I bought made so much crackling noises. NOT static. Statics are normal I think, but poppongs aren't.

Right now my set up is Turtlebeach DSS + Logitech F540. And omg brah its amazing!

[quote name='giantqtipz']Yea the x41s I bought made so much crackling noises. NOT static. Statics are normal I think, but poppongs aren't.

Right now my set up is Turtlebeach DSS + Logitech F540. And omg brah its amazing![/QUOTE]

The popping could be because the signal is being interfered with other electronics such as a router. Try moving the base further away from your other electronics maybe. It worked for me.

Anyone own these and the Triton AX180's - how do they compare? Target has them for roughly the same price, and pondering getting one or the other. [Bonus question: How do these hook up if I'm running a 360(slim) to my Vizio HDTV through HDMI - would I need any special adapter wires or anything of that nature?]

Side note: How much better is surround sound in comparison to enhanced stereo? Is it a eye opening experience worthy of the extra 100+USD or is it noticeablly different but not really worth the extra cash?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='giantqtipz']The logitech headset I'm using now is wireless too. No poppings with this one[/QUOTE]

reviews on the f540 are scarce...how are they without the DSS? hows the battery? comfort? talk quality? does the headset get pretty hot?

ever owned the wireless microsoft headset? how does it compare, if you did?

bread's done
Back