Turtle Beach X12s? Or another headset?

PlatinumIce

CAGiversary!
Hello fellow CAGs.

About a year ago I bought a gaming headset on whim without doing much research, and I stupidly bought the cheapest one (Turtle Beach XLCs), and I used them for a week before I just couldn't take it anymore. They were terrible. I've been living without a gaming headset for about a year (I play a lot of CoD), and with MW3's release I've decided I want to get a new one.

I've heard both good and bad things about the X11s and X12s, and I notice Amazon has a deal for the X12s going on in about an hour. Should I pick up the X12s? I've heard complaints that if you try to speak in party chat with the X12s the people in your party will hear a loud buzzing noise whenever your controller vibrates. Is this true, or did was the review I read just a one off? I know a friend had this noise issue with his headset and it was miserable for about two weeks until he picked up a new one.

If not the X11s or X12s what else would you suggest? I'm on the Xbox and I'd say my budget is around $100, preferably under that.

Thanks for any advice!

I suggested the turtle beach PX21 early for the 50mm drivers (large) and you can add a DSS or Astro Mixamp later for simulated surround sound. Surround sound make fps gaming much better. There is no good solution for a surround sound headset under $100.

The X12 have 40mm drivers if im not mistaken, the PX21 have 50mm for about $20 more. I think thats a okay trade for better sound quality. Plus the PX21 can be used for the PS3 if you have one. Bonus!

I have the same problem as you. not to hijack your topic, but i can get a pair of X12s for $40 new or a pair of tritton AX 720s for $90.

is the extra $50 worth it?

bread's done
Back