TV deals?

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to buy a TV; just moved into my own apartment, and all my past roommates had TVs. I don't really miss it, but my new places has free satellite TV and wireless internet (well, it's included in my rent, but it's the same thing).

So, any cheap ass deals on a TV? Flat would be nice, but I'm really looking for the most TV for the dollar, preferably not to exceed two or three hundy.

I suppose if a really good deal on a monitor/TV were there, I would consider going higher.

I heard good things about Syntax Olevia LCDs. Like they are the most bang for the buck, there's one onsale at CompUSA, the LT26HVE for $499 AR ($599 before rebate), but since most CompUSAs are out of stock some of them are subbing a better model, the LT26HVX, for it. YMMV I tried to get them to do it at my CompUSA but it was a no go.

SALE TV LT26HVE : http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=329571&pfp=cat3

The pontential SUB: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=337041&pfp=SEARCH

[quote name='ofacto']I heard good things about Syntax Olevia LCDs. Like they are the most bang for the buck, there's one onsale at CompUSA, the LT26HVE for $499 AR ($599 before rebate), but since most CompUSAs are out of stock some of them are subbing a better model, the LT26HVX, for it. YMMV I tried to get them to do it at my CompUSA but it was a no go.

SALE TV LT26HVE : http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=329571&pfp=cat3

The pontential SUB: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=337041&pfp=SEARCH[/QUOTE]

The HVX model is supposed to be MUCH better

[quote name='doubledown']The HVX model is supposed to be MUCH better[/QUOTE]

Ok I finally picked up one of these suckers (LT26HVX) today. Its a very good TV and a great price. Even standard def looks good. I had an older model syntax LT27HVS, that was good for HDTV but SD television looked like crap. This has really improved that which is great since most programming is still SD. HDTV is even better.

I got this as a sub for the LT26HVE, most CompUSAs are doing the sub but YMMV. Also since it was a sub they gave it to me for $499 with NO REBATES, then at the cashier another rebate printed out for $100, so I could potentially be getting this for $399! Awesome deal.

[quote name='ofacto']Ok I finally picked up one of these suckers (LT26HVX) today. Its a very good TV and a great price. Even standard def looks good. I had an older model syntax LT27HVS, that was good for HDTV but SD television looked like crap. This has really improved that which is great since most programming is still SD. HDTV is even better.

I got this as a sub for the LT26HVE, most CompUSAs are doing the sub but YMMV. Also since it was a sub they gave it to me for $499 with NO REBATES, then at the cashier another rebate printed out for $100, so I could potentially be getting this for $399! Awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice deal....I still might pick one up. I may have to stop by my COMPUSA and check it out. I know they are OOS on the HVE, so I would like to get the HVX. I wish I could get it for $500 with NO rebate...that would be ideal.

Where are you located?

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, nice deal....I still might pick one up. I may have to stop by my COMPUSA and check it out. I know they are OOS on the HVE, so I would like to get the HVX. I wish I could get it for $500 with NO rebate...that would be ideal.

Where are you located?[/QUOTE]

You better act fast as the sale is only until Sat Jan 21. I am located in SoCal and I went to the Culver City location. But they are doing this at most CompUSA's, there's a thread on fatwallet and slickdeals about this where people list locations they got the sub at.

This is what you do:

1. Follow the links I posted above and use the inventory location system to find a CompUSA near you which has the HVE model out of stock, but has the HVX model instock.

2. Bring in a printout of the HVE listing on the CompUSA showing the $499 price to that COmpUSA.

3. When they say that the HVE is out of stock ask if they have a sub for it, you may have to ask a manager as salesmen sometimes don't have a clue.

4. Then the saleman will bring the LCD (HVX sub if you are lucky) up to the register and tell the cashier to ring it up at the sale price.

5. Take home and enjoy.

I also managed to easily get them to sub the hvx. no problems at all, just make sure through the store locator they have the hvx model and not the one on sale and you should be fine. if anyone knows where to get a wallmount for the tv for cheap, please post it.

thanks for the info

[quote name='raregamergirl']I also managed to easily get them to sub the hvx. no problems at all, just make sure through the store locator they have the hvx model and not the one on sale and you should be fine. if anyone knows where to get a wallmount for the tv for cheap, please post it.

thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

I think Walmart sells wallmounts for cheap. I'm just going to leave mine on the table since I like to move stuff around.

So, are you getting the SUBS for $600 -$100 REBATE (or just $500 out the door?)

I hate rebates....so $500 would be great. I know it ends today.

[quote name='doubledown']So, are you getting the SUBS for $600 -$100 REBATE (or just $500 out the door?)

I hate rebates....so $500 would be great. I know it ends today.[/QUOTE]

It depends where you go. Some people got it for $600 plus tax minus the $100 rebate, which is really what CompUSA is supposed to do since the rebate is good for both models. At my CompUSA the sales manager just told the cashier to take $400 so I ended up paying $499 (plus tax and the CA recycling fee), and then register still printed out the rebate and the cashier gave it to me. That would be awesome if the rebate came thru, but $499 is an still a great price.

bread's done
Back