TV TIME but is it too soon?

panasonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
Before reading: Should i just wait till memorial day and buy a tv or now is fine too?

So i need to buy a new TV since my plasma died. It was a 1080p panasonic viera but I spent 2000 on it in 2008 and i don't have that much to spend on a new one. I saw a 720P 50 inch plasma for $800 and thought about downgrading to that. At the stores i couldn't tell the difference between 720p (I use a 1080p monitor and i know the difference but on a tv maybe 720p is worth the price discount) There is a very slight blur that i notice but it is hardly distracting for watching tv.

Are there usually good deals on memorial day? I never needed to look before. Or should i beast it out till father's day deals.

Also i don't care about 3d only the picture quality.

Wait....you spent $2k on a tv 3 years ago, it broke and you're not pissed enough to wanna go Ted Kaczynski on the company that made the pos that only lasted 3 years?:whistle2:s

Wow. People either really have a ton of disposable income and/or expect this sorta shitty lifespan for electronics nowadays.

Either way I know if it happened to me, I'd be super pissed and wanting to punch someone at the company in the face(repeatedly) for getting such a lil amount of time outta a $2k tv.

Hell. Even if I pay $200 for a tv, that shit better last me at least close to a decade and work well for that entire time.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait....you spent $2k on a tv 3 years ago, it broke and you're not pissed enough to wanna go Ted Kaczynski on the company that made the pos that only lasted 3 years?:whistle2:s

Wow. People either really have a ton of disposable income and/or expect this sorta shitty lifespan for electronics nowadays.

Either way I know if it happened to me, I'd be super pissed and wanting to punch someone at the company in the face(repeatedly) for getting such a lil amount of time outta a $2k tv.

Hell. Even if I pay $200 for a tv, that shit better last me at least close to a decade and work well for that entire time.[/QUOTE]

I blame myself for not buying a warranty. Its like meh what can you do and getting frustrated will just make things worse. I definetly thought it would last 10 years with 100,000 hours lifespan. I'm going to buy a warranty for the new tv for sure.

I've been looking for a smaller TV myself, but I came across this deal that tigerdirect is having on this Mistubishi HDTV

It's a 46" 1080p 120hz LED backlit model. I haven't looked up reviews but it seems pretty nice. Normally TD sells it for $899.99 but if you use this coupon you get an extra $100 off. It expires today(5/22) though.

[quote name='panasonic']I blame myself for not buying a warranty. Its like meh what can you do and getting frustrated will just make things worse. I definetly thought it would last 10 years with 100,000 hours lifespan. I'm going to buy a warranty for the new tv for sure.[/QUOTE]
But that's the thing that would annoy the fuck out of me, in that the tv should just last a ton of time without having to buy a warranty for it. Most of those additional warranties(especially the store ones) are a huge ripoff anyway. They always try to find loopholes to get out of fulfilling them.

I can understand maybe buying a warranty that covers accidental damage n stuff, but if it was just that the tv konked out due to an internal part going on it, then it's bullshit that the company wouldn't cover it.

That's one thing that amazes me nowadays is the short period of time factory warranties cover electronics. You're lucky if you get one year once it's out of the box.:roll:

bread's done
Back