TVersity Announces on the Fly WMV Transcoding for the Xbox 360

xtchuh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credit to TeamXbox and DaGhostdog from Gamefaqs.

By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar" (from TeamXbox.com)
Nov. 27th, 2006 7:45 am

TVersity, a start-up company located in New Jersey, announced today that the latest version of its TVersity Media Server features on the fly WMV transcoding for the Xbox 360.

"We are very excited to allow owners of the Xbox 360 to easily overcome the video playback limitations of this device", said Ronen Mizrahi, President of TVersity Inc., "With TVersity they can, for the first time, access video files in formats not natively supported by the Xbox 360 (like Divx/Xvid and H.264), play Internet TV channels of their choice, and access video podcasts and RSS feeds (from YouTube, Yahoo, Google and many more) -- All this without requiring a Media Center PC!"

The latest build of (Version 0.9.9.1) TVersity's media server can be downloaded from....

http://www.tversity.com/download.html

OP Note - I havent tried it, so I am wondering if it has worked for anyone. And if so, this is GREAT NEWS for 360 owners.

EDIT - Just got it working. Make sure the ports are open for it (41952). Then what I did was goto the Options Page for 360, then Computer... Disconnect your current and then search for it once again. Instead of it being it was TVersity

Here is a good guide as well.
http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic...2586&start=167

I got it working but how do I get rid of all of the preloaded stuff.

It's showing 1116 things on my list and barely any of them are mine :(

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i got it to work, although *.avi files don't work. and since it's streaming, you can't skip around.[/QUOTE]

damn, all I have are avi. no rewinding and fast forwarding sucks too...I usually have to do that when watching anime and the subs change too fast.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i got it to work, although *.avi files don't work. and since it's streaming, you can't skip around.[/QUOTE]

.AVIs are working just fine for me.

bread's done
Back