Tversity thread

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Ok, I am sure some people here can help me out with this as I'm sure at least a few people here have Tversity. Tversity is a great, great program, my friend has it on his pc/360. Works flawlessly for him, not for me.

Can someone give me a step by step guide or point me somewhere that gives me a step by step guide on how to watch .avi or youtube videos through Tversity onto my 360? Thanks, I appreciate it. I'd ask my friend but hes still traveling back from his presidents day weekend vacation, and I have to watch my nephew tonight so I want to put a movie on for him where the 360 is.

Also, putting tversity on the 360 won't cause any harm to the 360, will it? It won't void the warranty? (Try not to laugh if thats a laughable question, I'm not good at technical stuff at all)

If anyone else has any questions about Tversity you can post it here too, i dont care, just as long as someone answers my question.

No worries about the warranty, you will not be loading anything to the 360.
Their Website tells how to set it up. Its not hard. Once you get it on the PC you turn on the 360 and look for the PC networked to it and this programs name will show up and it will stream the dif files to you. Simple.

yea took me a day or two to finally get it working. for some reason it wouldn't work probably, saying it couldn't read the type of file or connection lost. but a day later i restarted tversity, refreshed my connected computers and it worked. it still however continued to stream the same media after you were done with the video but the dec. update took care of that problem.

One thing that I had to do was manually add the port to the windows firewall. If anyone gets choppy video at the end, I have a fix for that.

[quote name='coltcannon']One thing that I had to do was manually add the port to the windows firewall. If anyone gets choppy video at the end, I have a fix for that.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I was talking to someone setting it up and that was his problem. It doesn't really mention that in detail in the link above, but that is definitely one of the most important things you have to do.

For those who aren't familiar: Control Panel > Windows Firewall, then the Exceptions tab. Click "add program" and browse to MediaServer.exe inside the folder you installed to so Windows allows the program to go back and forth as necessary.

It has worked ok for me mostly, although trying to play longer clips (ie full TV shows) seem to result in it freezing, so I'm not too sure how useful it'll be in general.

Hey thanks alot guys for the link. I just heard about this software the other day. I always thought the only way to stream video would be using media center and I didn't really want to purchase that. Definitely liking this software alot looks like I can now watch last nights 24 on my tv now.

bill123

bread's done
Back