Twilight DVD Pre-Order?

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Ugh.
The plague has reached CAG as well -_-'[/quote]

lol.
me and my friend are going to Hot Topic Launch Party! So, unless something better comes up...that's my plan.

You get part of the film if you pre-order at hot topic. I think the two disk edition is 21-23 bucks.

I heard this movie was garbage, and dident hear too much about it when it was released in theaters, now that its coming to DVD, I see the crap everywhere

The OP asked for any pre-order specials, not reviews. Why thread crap? Just respond if you have any info-not to insult-wow how rude.

A little off topic here but for the Blu-Ray version has anyone heard if the Blu-Ray discs from Target, BestBuy and eventually other retailers who get it after their exclusive window will contain the New Moon BD Live extra content that Amazon details in their Deluxe Blu-Ray collection?

[quote name='sarienanj']The OP asked for any pre-order specials, not reviews. Why thread crap? Just respond if you have any info-not to insult-wow how rude.[/quote]There is thread crap so people know that Twilight is a larger piece of crap and not just a mis-shapen brownie.
not meaning to flame but I really dislike that twilight stuff.

FYE. 2-disc DVD is $15.99 after $7 MIR ($22.99 sale price). You can't beat that. You can put down a $5 preorder for it and for an extra $5 (normally $10) you can get a nice little box that the DVD can fit inside + some 5x7 pics.

I would recommend getting the box for your wife for future bonus points when you want a limited edition version of something that she thinks is stupid/pointless (and she's probably right..."A 'cat-helmet'? Why did you buy that? We don't even have a cat! Or a 360!"). That, and the box makes a much better cover than the one they chose for the actual DVD.

Twilightbox.jpg

Also, I just saw the other day at FYE that you can get a free Twilight bag (looks similar to those reusable shopping bags everyone's using now) when you buy Twilight plus any other regular-priced DVD. An added bonus when picking up the DVD for the wife. I "have to" buy a DVD for myself in order to get her the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the info. I know Borders has one for $30, that has an all black case 3-disc edition, with postcards.

That bag sounds cool, so she can show off to all the other Twilight moms at work.

I pre-ordered at Blockbuster for my wife, but I'm thinking about cancelling to get the Blu-Ray at Best buy or Target since I feel dumb for buying a DVD when I have Blu-Ray.

Here's a customer review from Borders.com of their exclusive-version DVD:

By roseanne from easton , PA

"i think it has the nice-est effects!! and nice pictures love the movei glad to see it on my TV instead of theater seat!"

:wall:

And yet every member of the female species in the land wonders why we roll our eyes about the fans.

Yes, my uh.....wife......no, uh, girlfriend........uh.....

IT'S OKAY! YOU CAN WANT TWILIGHT!

Losers.

So uh, is a LE coming out on Blu-Ray....

LOL at all the people claiming they are gonna buy it for their GF or Wife. I saw this movie without ever hearing of the book and actually enjoyed the movie alot. Granted I like movies with Vampires, Zombies or anything of the sort, but I thought it was overall a well made movie, well cast and entertaining. There's nothing wrong with guys liking this movie, it's not like we're talking about the movie, The Notebook or something. (No offense to guys who liked The Notebook, btw lol)

One of my mall contacts told me that FYE and Borders had accepted more pre-orders than they have copies of the DVD to distribute. They're telling customers that they'll have to wait until April to pick-up their DVD's.

[quote name='bmachine']One of my mall contacts told me that FYE and Borders had accepted more pre-orders than they have copies of the DVD to distribute. They're telling customers that they'll have to wait until April to pick-up their DVD's.[/quote]

WOw if thats true, people are gonna be PISSED

[quote name='orgy08']good thing my girls wants the blu-ray.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

I think you guys let your girls dictate to you, too much!

Saint

YEah i heard the same thing about how a few stores got more preorders than they had dvds coming to the store my friendssaid they called him from fye and said he had to wait until april to get his dvd so he went and preordered at hot topic which they are still taking pre-orders

[quote name='TheSaint11']I think you guys let your girls dictate to you, too much!

Saint[/quote]

I agree..

*whipping noise sound made*

sides.. this is such a terrrrribbblly made film.. the book is always better.. but when has a book been worse than a movie- ever?

[quote name='zas123']I agree..

*whipping noise sound made*

sides.. this is such a terrrrribbblly made film.. the book is always better.. but when has a book been worse than a movie- ever?[/quote]

Shes mostly insteaded in the bonuses it comes with. I usually do all the movie buying, so I'll let her have this one(and sex and the city).

I wanted to clear up a couple of things.

First, keep your opinions of the film out of this thread. It's a deal discussion thread, so we don't need posts complaining about the movie cluttering up the thread. If you don't like it, that's your opinion, though the people posting about trying to find a deal on it or discussing deals on it want to find it, for whatever reason.

Second, don't post about "acquiring" copies of the movie through illegal means. Not up for discussion on here, and will likely get you kicked to the curb. No further discussion about that, please.

BLU-RAY

Available 3/21 ONLY at Target and Best Buy in America.

4873.jpg

Here are the contents of the Twilight Special Edition Blu-ray Disc release which, by listing a New Moon teaser trailer, infer Summit will embrace BD-Live in the next month or so. The film will be presented in 2.4:1 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.

Special Features:
Audio commentary by Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson
Muse music video: "Super Massive Black Hole"
Paramore music video: "Decode"
Linkin Park music video: "Leave Out All the Rest"
Five extended scenes with director introductions
Five deleted scenes with director introductions
Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen"
Comic-Con "fandom" piece
Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
Three trailers
Penelope trailer
BD Live with "New Moon" teaser

Exclusives at Stores:
There appear to be exclusives at literally every store and if you want to make sure you get the best one check the list below.

Target:
51stMxnQbeL._AA260_.jpg

This exclusive edition includes a free iTunes download of the film and bonus content including a conversation with Stephenie Meyer and Edward’s piano concert. Features Robert Pattinson on "Becoming Edward," Kristen Stewart on "Becoming Bella," Catherine Hardwicke's vampire kiss montage and Bella's lullaby remix music video
It appears the Blu-ray will have exclusive coverart as well (which looks a hell of a lot better IMO)

Best Buy:
Unknown. DVD in Canada is getting a box with postcards and pictures so its possible the Blu-ray will as well.

Amazon: (Not available until May 5th; $79.99)
51oDtompfCL._SS350_.jpg

"Ultimate Collectors Set" includes
* 2-disc Special Edition Blu-ray
*CD Soundtrack
*Jewelry Box -- individually numbered
*Watch
*Charm Bracelet
*6 Glossy Photo Cards
*Bookmark
*Certificate of Authenticity
Link here

Keep in mind, the Blu-ray version will only be available on 3/21 at Target and Best Buy in the USA
JAN. 21 | Teen phenomenon Twilight will be sold on Blu-ray Disc only at Target and Best Buy stores for a limited time following its March 21 bow, Summit Home Entertainment confirmed.

The studio continues to build a unique launch strategy for the film that involves limiting the availability of certain SKUs. Retail access to a single-disc standard-defintion version of Twilight will be restricted to rental stores and a very limited sell-through account base, which Summit has declined to detail.

The Blu-ray also will be available for rental.

Target and Best Buy will be the sole Twilight Blu-ray sellers until May 5, when Summit will make the high-def version widely available to retail.

The studio declined to give the exact reason for curbing the initial availability of Twilight on Blu-ray. Nearly all major theatrical hits now launch widely on both standard-definition DVD and Blu-ray on the same date.

However, Summit Home Entertainment president Steve Nickerson noted that the overall idea is to street Twilight in its various versions so that it best attracts its specific young female fan group.

“This is an unprecedented place, where you have the size of the [Twilight] box office versus this targeted audience,” said Nickerson.

Although Twilight is packed with special effects that are likely to shine in high-def, core Blu-ray buyers remain mostly male, according to recent NPD Group surveys, while Twilight fans are mostly female.

Twilight’s largest focus is the previously announced two-disc special edition with extensive bonus content, available everywhere at retail on March 21, which execs believe will carry the most appeal for the film’s many repeat theatrical viewers.

Twilight also could be heavily purchased as a digital download, matching how many fans bought the film’s soundtrack album.

Regardless of Summit’s motivation for this staggered Twilight launch, the DVD industry is coming to expect creative studio thinking in light of the current retail environment. During the fourth quarter, studios heavily experimented with non-traditional weekend street dates for such titles as Paramount Home Entertainment’s Kung Fu Panda and Eagle Eye.

“I think you’ll see studios shaking up their marketing strategies based on economic uncertainties,” said Tom Kielty, senior VP of sales at wholesaler VPD. “You’re already starting to see it with the street date changes. And they will continue to test the waters on street dates, pricing and all sorts of things.”

DVD

twilight2d.jpg

Special Features:
Audio commentary by Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson
Muse music video: "Super Massive Black Hole"
Paramore music video: "Decode"
Linkin Park music video: "Leave Out All the Rest"
Five extended scenes with director introductions
Five deleted scenes with director introductions
Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen"
Comic-Con "fandom" piece
Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
Three trailers
Penelope trailer

Exclusives at Stores:
There appear to be exclusives at literally every store and if you want to make sure you get the best one check the list below.

Target:
51S%2BizpLYLL._AA260_.jpg

This exclusive edition includes a free iTunes download of the film and bonus content including a conversation with Stephenie Meyer and Edward’s piano concert. Features Robert Pattinson on "Becoming Edward," Kristen Stewart on "Becoming Bella," Catherine Hardwicke's vampire kiss montage and Bella's lullaby remix music video
It appears the DVD will have exclusive cover art as well (which looks a hell of a lot better IMO).

Best Buy:
Unknown. DVD in Canada is getting a box with postcards and pictures so its possible the American version will as well. They appear to be identical to that of the TWEC stuff (see below). Update: I have now heard it will be identical to HMV Canada with a Film Cell + Bonus DVD. Will update when more information becomes available.

Borders: (Online Only)
Link
2h6a829.jpg

So far this one looks to be the best DVD-wise. Exclusive coverart and:
• Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Kristen Stewart (Bella) and Robert Pattinson (Edward)
• Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Cam Gigandet (James)
• Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Edi Gathegi (Laurent) and Rachelle Lefevre (Victoria)
• Exclusive Red-Carpet Interviews from the Twilight Movie Premiere
• Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Red-Carpet Footage! Includes extra interview footage with Kellan Lutz (Emmett), Ashley Greene (Alice), rock band Paramore, and Nikki Reed (Rosalie)
• Exclusive Borders Book Club: Stephenie Meyer talks about the Twilight Saga
Keep in mind if you order now it may not ship until April 13th (at the latest). Currently $29.99 + Free Shipping

Costco:
391192.jpg

"Ultimate Collectors Set" includes:
* 2-disc Special Edition DVD
*CD Soundtrack
*Jewelry Box -- individually numbered
*Watch
*Charm Bracelet
*6 Glossy Photo Cards
*Bookmark
*Certificate of Authenticity

Hot Topic:
twilightdvd2.jpg

Bonus Edward Cullen Film cell. They are having a midnight launch party as well.

Wal-Mart:
Nothing announced. However they will be the only store carrying the single Disc version. Features:
3 Music Videos by Linkin Park, Paramour and Muse, Actor Commentary, Director Commentary, Extended Scenes
Cover art:
0002519202226_500X500.jpg

HMV Canada:
displayProductDetailsZoom.do

Pre-Orders get a Numbered Film Cell (not listed online however). 3 Disc "Ultimate Fan" Version Bonus Disc includes
* 22 min conversation with Stephenie Meyer
* The Evolution of Bella's Lullaby (5 mins)
* Becoming Edward Rob Pattinson's Journey (5 mins)
* Becoming Bella: Kristen Stewart's Journey (5 mins)
* Catherine Hardwicke's Vampire Kiss Montage (2 mins)
* Catherine Hardwicke's "Bella's Lullaby Remix" Music Video (3 min)
* Robert Pattinson Piano Montage (3 min)

(TWEC) Suncoast/FYE/Coconuts/Warehouse/Second Spin:
Pre-order and get a special box with collectibles inside. $5 to Pre-order or $10 just to buy by itself.
Pictures:
twilight00.jpg
twilight01.jpg

iTunes:
Pre-order the Digital Download ($14.99) and get 2 hours worth of bonus material (looks to be most of the DVD Special Features.

Amazon:
Nothing announced (and not likely at this point).
However they have a great Blu-ray set (May 5th) identical to that of Costco's DVD version:
Blu-ray + tons of Bonus stuff (CD, Watch, Jewelery, Postcards)
Link here

[quote name='bmachine']One of my mall contacts told me that FYE and Borders had accepted more pre-orders than they have copies of the DVD to distribute. They're telling customers that they'll have to wait until April to pick-up their DVD's.[/QUOTE]

Yep...and its its posted on their website that if you order NOW you won't get a copy until April 13th (at the latest). There will be tons of stores selling this title...so don't worry, you will find a copy.

[quote name='doubledown']Hopefully Target has a bunch of the Blu-Ray ones, as my wife wants this. Unless Bets Buy trumps them,
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Best buy won't trump them IMO.

Amazon will just lower there price cos they know buy.com will be close on the heels = prime raping time... again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheSaint11']Best buy won't trump them IMO.

Amazon will just lower there price cos they know buy.com will be close on the heels = prime raping time... again.[/quote]

Best Buy/Target are a 3/21 release date; Amazon/Buy.com/et al are 5/5

45 days is a long time to wait for people who are excited for this...

bread's done
Back