Twilight Princess Boxart?

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Twilight Princess Boxart?

Hey fellas.... couldnt find this on the boards...
been away for so long....

but IGN posted a new (mock-up?) for Zelda's Boxart...

zeldatwilight_ignbox_160boxart_160w.jpg

Looks nice...

Any thoughts?
Would you like this for the real thing?

[quote name='javeryh']Link is not a chick.[/QUOTE]
Wait, huh? Who said Link was a chick?

Anyways, I wouldnt mind that as the box art.

What extra stuff will be coming with the CE anyways?

[quote name='eldad9']Link?

(To the article, I'm not asking if it's the guy from the other games)[/QUOTE]

Article wasnt about the boxart... which leads me to believe its just a mock-up... but a nice mock-up i think....

http://cube.ign.com/articles/631/631774p1.html

once nintendo is finished witht eh box... they'll do a big press releases... and that'll be a tidbit article everywhere... but untill then... ya just never know with this one.

Eh, it's not too bad. I could live with it.
For the major console Zelda (4 swords doesn't fit) releases though, they normally don't have Link on the cover, but a main part of the game, like the ocaraina, Majora's Mask, King of Red Lions, etc

[quote name='musha666']Wait, huh? Who said Link was a chick?[/QUOTE]

He looks like a chick in that picture.

[quote name='Doylerulez']Eh, it's not too bad. I could live with it.
For the major console Zelda (4 swords doesn't fit) releases though, they normally don't have Link on the cover[/QUOTE]

B000084318.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Theres link on the cover of wind waker....

[quote name='Doylerulez']...For the major console Zelda (4 swords doesn't fit) releases though, they normally don't have Link on the cover....[/QUOTE]

yes you are right....
in terms of console Zeldas...

Zelda NES
Zelda 2 NES
Link to the Past SNES
Ocarina of Time N64
Majora's Mask N64
Wind Waker GC (Has Link)

That's one out of 6 major console releases...
so you're right in that normally they don't have him...

BUT!

From a marketing standpoint... it makes perfect sense that they feature an image of a MATURE grown up Link to relay to the masses that he's not the impish cartoony Link as many have seen him....

it's likey that in whatever they sell as a premium package...
as in a Collector's Edition...
You are less likely to see an image of link... as the marketing decision of conveying the message that he has matured is no longer necessary as the consumer has already committed to buy the premium product with a prepurchase.

Its the casual non-fanboy gamers "on the fence" about going at the new Zelda...
they are more likely to pick up the regular version... and nintendo will intend to push them over that fence with an image of the more mature hero.

[quote name='joystickz']Its the casual non-fanboy gamers "on the fence" about going at the new Zelda...
they are more likely to pick up the regular version... and nintendo will intend to push them over that fence with an image of the more mature hero.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be suprised if the boxart featured something similar to the Nintendo Power cover highlighting both the mature Link and his Wolf form.

bread's done
Back