Twilight Princess Guide and Soundtrack w/ Nintendo Power Subscription

I'm still waiting for my Guide. According to the Nintendo Store site, it shipped Nov 24th? Anybody else still waiting as long as I have?

Does Nintendo package their items carefully? Or do they just throw the guide in a bubbled envelope? Am I being too hopeful that they would shrinkwrap it onto cardboard and place it into a box like Amazon?

[quote name='Kendro']Does Nintendo package their items carefully? Or do they just throw the guide in a bubbled envelope? Am I being too hopeful that they would shrinkwrap it onto cardboard and place it into a box like Amazon?[/quote]

Actually the guide and CD come with nothing but flimsy clear shrinkwrap around them. They're shipped the slowest possible (think slower than Media Mail). It's a miracle no CAGs have had their CDs missing. Mine took about 3 weeks after they mailed it to get to me.

Yeah but 12 issues of NP, a free guide, and a free soundtrack for $20? Can't complain. I hope the guides don't come with bent corners since they are packaged with no protection. I might have to get my guide at Amazon if that is true.

Mine got bent since the delivary man folded the guide to fit into the mail box i'd rather them to set it on the porch or on the ground or something. =\

I was looking out for the mail, but it seemed it took forever for it to come and on the day it came I forgot to wait I tried to trade it for my brother's, but he wrote in his. lol

My CD case was bent a little it was fine only thing I was mad about was my guide getting ruined since the way it's designed it shouldn't be bent like that and it got some wrinkles on the front and back cover.

The Zelda Collector's Edition from I think 3 years ago.
Best - Giveaway - EVER!
OMG...I remember the glee of receiving that gem as a freebie...the game alone was worth the 20.00. I then ended up receiving an additional copy by registering games on nintendo's site (games I had already purchased). I think the days of those retro compilations are over now that the Virtual Console has come about.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Got my guide + soundtrack in the mail today.. I guess that 6-8 weeks things was BS![/quote]

yup just got mine after only about 2 weeks!

I have yet to get mine and I sent the order in on November 20th, I got my battery cover for my GBA about a week ago (ordered same time), is this cause for concern? How long did it take everyone else?

Mine says it shipped on November 16th, but I still haven't gotten it!

I really wish it would come because (and please don't flame me for this) I am not a very hardcore gamer and I am waiting until I get the guide to really get into Zelda. I love to play games but I don't like to be frustrated so my favorite way to play Zelda is to have the guide at hand so if I get stuck I can figure out how to move on. I know that ruins the experience for some people, but that is how I like to do it.

shipped 11/24 and it still hasnt arrived... i'm out in california... anyone in ca who got theirs? i also ordered online...

There are numerous free guides on the internet you could at least get started with. I'm feeling the same way, I'm thinking I may want to do Zelda with a guide. I've never really gotten too far on a Zelda game before.

[quote name='erin22']Mine says it shipped on November 16th, but I still haven't gotten it!

I really wish it would come because (and please don't flame me for this) I am not a very hardcore gamer and I am waiting until I get the guide to really get into Zelda. I love to play games but I don't like to be frustrated so my favorite way to play Zelda is to have the guide at hand so if I get stuck I can figure out how to move on. I know that ruins the experience for some people, but that is how I like to do it.[/quote]

[quote name='turls']There are numerous free guides on the internet you could at least get started with. I'm feeling the same way, I'm thinking I may want to do Zelda with a guide. I've never really gotten too far on a Zelda game before.[/quote]

yeah but online guides are just not the same as having the pretty colored pictures sitting in the living room with you! :D

Have any of you received your first issue of Nintendo Power yet? I just received my Zelda Guide and soundtrack in the mail today, but I haven't gotten an issue of the magazine yet. I went and checked my subscription and it says I only have 10 issues remaining, and that my first issue was supposed to be the January 2007 edition, which has already been released.

I'm in the bay area and received mine on Saturday.

[quote name='ryanlk']shipped 11/24 and it still hasnt arrived... i'm out in california... anyone in ca who got theirs? i also ordered online...[/quote]

[quote name='erin22']Mine says it shipped on November 16th, but I still haven't gotten it!

I really wish it would come because (and please don't flame me for this) I am not a very hardcore gamer and I am waiting until I get the guide to really get into Zelda. I love to play games but I don't like to be frustrated so my favorite way to play Zelda is to have the guide at hand so if I get stuck I can figure out how to move on. I know that ruins the experience for some people, but that is how I like to do it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't flame you. Strategy guides are popular for a reason - there are a lot of us out there you like 'em and use 'em.

I really wish it would come because (and please don't flame me for this) I am not a very hardcore gamer and I am waiting until I get the guide to really get into Zelda. I love to play games but I don't like to be frustrated so my favorite way to play Zelda is to have the guide at hand so if I get stuck I can figure out how to move on. I know that ruins the experience for some people, but that is how I like to do it.[/quote] Nah. Having the guide doesn't ruin the experience.

I like having the guide on-hand, instead of on the computer, though there's very very few guides I've seen that are worth retail price. CAG has been quite good to me for getting penny guides as well as cheap guides from other CAGs.

Likewise, it was in today's mail. I remember reading somewhere that it could come as late as December 15th for those waiting...

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Have any of you received your first issue of Nintendo Power yet? I just received my Zelda Guide and soundtrack in the mail today, but I haven't gotten an issue of the magazine yet. I went and checked my subscription and it says I only have 10 issues remaining, and that my first issue was supposed to be the January 2007 edition, which has already been released.[/quote]

Often times if it's a new subscription you first issue and your second ship at the same time.

Mine shipped on 11/30. One thing i am wondering about is if the Guide comes with just a mailing label on it or if it is packaged with the cd in a mailer.

Tampa post isnt the best, so i wouldnt be suprised if some guy who's having trouble with TP gets sticky fingers.

mine shipped on december 4th. no sign of it having shown up yet. glad to hear that i'm not the only one it's taking forever to deliver to.

[quote name='avatar94']Often times if it's a new subscription you first issue and your second ship at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='Bezerker']Mine shipped on 11/30. One thing i am wondering about is if the Guide comes with just a mailing label on it or if it is packaged with the cd in a mailer.[/QUOTE]

The guide and the cd are both sealed inside of a clear shrinkwrap together. The cd is placed behind the guide, and theirs a small mailing label on the outside of the packaging.

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']I might jump on this. Last time I subscribed to Nintendo Power it was so I could get the free Zelda CE disc for Gamecube (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and original NES Zelda)... best deal ever.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, didn't even care when i stopped getting the magazine a few months later, the 20 bucks was money well spent on the collectors disc. Wonder what it's worth now?

bread's done
Back