Twilight Princess

BoomRocker

CAG Veteran
I know I will seem to be a troll....but really I love the Zelda series. I even liked Wind Waker. But I got very bored by Twilight Princess, and I felt an emptiness to the world. I got the last mirror piece then sold the game without even beating it. I had like 30hrs into it and I lost all interest.

It looked wonderful but seemed really slow and not epic in any way. Also that minor baddie was less threatening than the skull kid in Majoras Mask.

Am I in the minority? Did you like the game?

I've always loved Zelda as well, but I didn't like Twilight Princess either.

It's a good enough game, I guess.. but for some reason I didn't find it really fun or enjoyable at all. Nothing about it really stood out and made me want to put in countless hours. Most of the game, I felt like I was more or less forcing myself to finish it and I haven't played again since then.

Meh.. disappointing.

I've always loved Zelda as well, but I didn't like Twilight Princess either.

It's a good enough game, I guess.. but for some reason I didn't find it really fun or enjoyable at all. Nothing about it truly stood out and made me want to put in countless hours like usual. Most of the game, I felt like I was more or less forcing myself to finish it and I haven't played again since then.

Meh.. disappointing.

youre not the only one who got bored with TP. the first parts of the game were wesome and fun but overall the game was lacking in alot of parts. the last few worlds felt tacked on and pointless and many of the weapons you get werent that great or necessary and could have been more helpful or useful if thought through better.

the final battle with gannon was lame as well worse than the one in WW. and dont get me started on that ending. fucking biggest letdown ever. and the town was boring and dull with very few things worth doing. i was expecting alot more overall as far as item combination, combat and story and was let down but the game did have it moments.

some of the levels were cool as was fishing, archery on horseback and using the kayack. personally i think nintendo threw in the last 4th or 5th of the game to make it longer out of fear of people complaining it wasnt long enough . the sumo combat was cool too but should have been used more as well and the animal communication could have been used more too.

OOt is my fav zelda game of all but WW had its moments too aside from the lame ending and the lack of hyrule exploration ( should have been able to visit more places in hyrule) and the boring sailing aspects the game looked amazing and the otnws you visited were full of life and were fun to explore. i really liked trading stuff with peopel too.

at the end of the day once you beat TP theres not much of a reason to play again but im not too mad about that since i got my copy cheap at CC.

the next zelda needs to take the story to new places maybe with a futuristic or present day theme that could shake things up and link needs to be able to do more use his environments to his advantage and nintendo needs to take a page out of shadow of the colossus playbook when it comes to boss battles those things were epic and make you want to play them again and again.

I loved it. The first 5 or 6 hours until you get through the first dungeon and out into the world were slow and a bit boring, but after that I dug it.

One of my favorites, if not my favorite, in the series. I played it on the Wii, and the controls helped get me into it more as well.

Lots of dungeons, good puzzles, great boss battles. Easily at least a 9.5/10 for me.

[quote name='lokizz']the next zelda needs to take the story to new places maybe with a futuristic or present day theme that could shake things up and link needs to be able to do more use his environments to his advantage and nintendo needs to take a page out of shadow of the colossus playbook when it comes to boss battles those things were epic and make you want to play them again and again.[/quote]

I never thought of zelda in a semi-future or present day ala FFIV or something cool like that. I admit that would be a pretty sweet concept.

They just need new gameplay ideas ala Phantom Hourglass.

Futuristic Zelda would be awfully campy.

TP was weak for a Zelda game, especially after the excellent Wind Waker.

I still enjoyed it more than OoT (my second least favorite Zelda aside from II).

bread's done
Back