Two-for-$7 (+ free shipping) jewel case PC games at JR.com - not all crap, either!

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
JR.com has some jewel case PC games on a 2-for-$7 special right now, with free shipping, to boot. There's no discount on single titles, but this deal is scalable, so you can do, for instance, 4-for-$14, or 8-for-$28, et cetera, up to 14-for-$49, and you can mix-and-match as you please. After 14, it seems that the deal breaks; any more of them added to your cart after that show up as full price. Doubt anyone would want that many, anyways, so it probably won't be a problem, but just putting that out there. If you did want more, you could always just do multiple orders.

Now I hope you didn't come in here expecting to find, like, Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Dragon Age or anything like that on this list, but there's still some decent stuff in here. Some good games you might have missed from the past few years, at least. This could also be an opportunity to do a little early stocking stuffer shopping.

Here's the full listing (there are four pages total), but since the list also includes a bunch of stuff like "Deluxe Phonics 4 Kids" and "Stationary and Brochure Maker" that you have to wade through, here's the actual good stuff, linkified for your convenience:

I deliberately left the "casual" games out of the above list, for the sake of brevity, but if you're interested in stuff like Jewel Quest or hidden object games, they have some of that, too. Here's everything else from the sale that isn't business card makers or patio designing software (and if you want to see those, you'll have to browse the catalog yourself):

Enjoy, folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Reikon']Port Royale 2 isn't on your list but is in the sale. It's supposed to be a decent game.[/QUOTE]

Oops, missed that one. Added. I also went ahead and added a separate list of all the "casual" games, in case anyone cares.

I would like to call attention to one game in particular: Chess VS The Axis Of Evil. The description is just unreal:
Do your bit in the global war on terror and help Dubya and friends crush the axis of evil in the ancient game of chess. At stake is the freedom of the (free) world! Enjoy this light-hearted take on the deadly serious war on terror in full 3D cartoon graphics, with all your favorite characters present (even the dead and the fictitious!). The fully animated chess pieces on the World Police team include six-shooter Dubya, Ninja Condi, Half-man/half-tank Rumsfeld and the quail-hunting VP (watch out!) and the British poodle. The Axis of Evil is headed by terrorist number one (who throws a mean sandal at enemy pieces), and is backed up by Saddam (back from the dead), the chap from North Korea with the funky taste in suits and a man in an eye-patch with a cat on his lap, who is particularly evil.
- Six chess board arenas, including Saddam’s Palace, the famous “Mission Accomplished" Aircraft Carrier and the Secret Mountain Cave Hideout.
- Play against the Computer or another freedom fighter/evil terrorist.
- Option to turn off normal international rules of chess (world leaders only)

No joke, pretty tempted to grab this one as a gag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see where it says it's only jewel cases.
Do these have boxes?
Also, I recommend Jagged Alliance 2. Great game if you're into managing a bunch of mercs and turn-based strategy.

[quote name='fiddlefaddle']I don't see where it says it's only jewel cases.[/quote]
These are all republished through an outfit called Cosmi, who pretty much strictly distributes software in jewel cases. You know the tiny little game selections they have at like, Staples and Office Depot and stuff? Those are often supplied by Cosmi.

Do these have boxes?
Uh, see above?

Thanks, OP! In for Sim City 4 and that 10-game pack!!! (FYI - don't use the Amazon checkout option, it totally screwed up the pricing and free shipping for some reason....)

[quote name='chrisnsally']Thanks, OP! In for Sim City 4 and that 10-game pack!!! (FYI - don't use the Amazon checkout option, it totally screwed up the pricing and free shipping for some reason....)[/QUOTE]

Google checkout does the same. Lame. Never had this type of issue with Google checkout. Oh well, I have an account at J&R so no biggie.

Nothing for me to get (I'd get SimCity 4 and something else if I didn't already have SC4). However, that's one heck of a QUALITY post CoffeeEdge, so you get major thumbs up for that! :)

The Quest Trio shows The Quest Trio: Mahjong in the picture, but mentions the regular Quest Trio in the description. I want the regular one... I wonder which I would get? :whistle2:k

[quote name='utopianmachine']The Quest Trio shows The Quest Trio: Mahjong in the picture, but mentions the regular Quest Trio in the description. I want the regular one... I wonder which I would get? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Called J&R. Turns out you get the Quest Trio: Mahjong, not the regular Quest Trio like the description says. Ehh, pass for me.

Heinz Wolf is OOS.

[quote name='callmewoof']However, that's one heck of a QUALITY post CoffeeEdge, so you get major thumbs up for that! :)[/QUOTE]I was just about to post the same thing. Thumbs up man.

Anyway, not really seeing anything for myself other than the "Top 10 Games" bundle..

Great thread OP!

Generals came out when I was in college so I never had much time for it, so I'll grab that.. and SimCity 4 sounds good for the second.

Thanks CoffeeEdge for the post. I ordered the Top 10 Games pack. I already have Two Worlds, but $6.99 for nine other games is too good to resist.

Think I'll get Top 10 Games and Mercenaries 2 when I get home. Thanks OP. Great post. Also for those wondering, you can upgrade Two Worlds to the "Epic Edition" with free patches from the developer website.

bread's done
Back