Two free avatar items with Rewards reimbursement

Can I buy two 40pts items again and receive 80pts back one more time? Has anybody tried this? Or does this trick work for a one 80pts purchase?

[quote name='bullka']Can I buy two 40pts items again and receive 80pts back one more time? Has anybody tried this? Or does this trick work for a one 80pts purchase?[/QUOTE]

No only works the first time, all XBL monthly Rewards things are like that.

[quote name='MrPiggles']No only works the first time, all XBL monthly Rewards things are like that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Do you know when we should expect to get 80MPS back?

[quote name='bullka']Thanks!
Do you know when we should expect to get 80MPS back?[/QUOTE]

It should show up in 45 days in your XBL Rewards Account, and it'll take another 30 days to transfer to your actual XBL account, assuming you already have 20 MSP in your Rewards account.

[quote name='ravensarecute']I tried to go to do that but it just takes me to the avatar maker.[/QUOTE]

Try making an avatar, then using a saved avatar style. Maybe it just needs a base before it'll try to use it.

Just got my 80 points for this and 20 for this month's super lond and diffcult survey. I have 360 points currently with 200 about to be added later this week for a grand total of 560 points. More than enough for the magic 2012 dlc.

So it's simple as going to the marketplace and buying 80 points worth of clothing right? Soon as I use 80 points I'll get it all back right? There's no special place to check off that you want this promotion right?

And when do I get the point back? Is it automatic?

[quote name='MrPiggles']No only works the first time, all XBL monthly Rewards things are like that.[/QUOTE]

It is true with this offer but not with all offers...

979427.png

[quote name='baphomet58']So it's simple as going to the marketplace and buying 80 points worth of clothing right? Soon as I use 80 points I'll get it all back right? There's no special place to check off that you want this promotion right?

And when do I get the point back? Is it automatic?[/QUOTE]

You need to belong to xbox rewards to get the 80 points, right. Then buy any 2 avatar items from the marketplace to earn 80 MS points, right. XBOX rewards will add 80ms points to your account around the middle of next month, right.

If you don't belong to xbox rewards its free, right.
http://rewards.xbox.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='COLDblood']
You need to belong to xbox rewards to get the 80 points, right. Then buy any 2 avatar items from the marketplace to earn 80 MS points, right. XBOX rewards will add 80ms points to your account around the middle of next month, right.
[/QUOTE]

But can you make the purchases through the console marketplace or does it have to be through the site?

[quote name='dotCody']Weird, still doesn't show the 80MS in my pending points.[/QUOTE]

it takes a bit to show up... dont worry it will. If you look at the pic I posted on the last page you will see that it took awhile longer for one of the points to show up than the others, but it did.

[quote name='CaliSmokeDogg']But can you make the purchases through the console marketplace or does it have to be through the site?[/QUOTE]
it does not matter

[quote name='CaliSmokeDogg']But can you make the purchases through the console marketplace or does it have to be through the site?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, as long as you're part of XBL Rewards.

[quote name='COLDblood']It is true with this offer but not with all offers...

979427.png

If you don't belong to xbox rewards its free, right.
http://rewards.xbox.com/[/QUOTE]
You say right a lot.

[quote name='TealPavelski']Sweet. I already bought the MW3 shirt and hat for my avatar.[/QUOTE]

Uh, pretty sure both items are 80 MSP each, so you're still paying 80 MSP.

anyone figure out how to recover their avatar from this bs yet?? xbox support told me to clear my cache or try recovering my account, but that doesn't make sense to me if its a problem with xbox.com....

[quote name='ravensarecute']anyone figure out how to recover their avatar from this bs yet?? xbox support told me to clear my cache or try recovering my account, but that doesn't make sense to me if its a problem with xbox.com....[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem like its possible. I contacted Xbox Support and they told me the same thing.

After my avatar got deleted on the site, I went on my xbox without connecting to Live. I wrote down my avatar settings just in case I needed to recreate it and then logged in. Xbox Live just treated it like I had created a new avatar offline on the xbox and uploaded it back to my profile.

[quote name='COLDblood']iit does not matter[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrPiggles']Doesn't matter, as long as you're part of XBL Rewards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that. Much appreciated.

A little off topic. I did the September survey, and got a message saying 20msp would be added to my account shortly. Are they added straight to my account, or added to my pending points for next month?

I wonder if redeeming a code for avatar items counts towards this even if you just redeem 1 code for an avatar item and then just buy another 40 point item to have the 2 "purchases"

[quote name='nypickle']I wonder if redeeming a code for avatar items counts towards this even if you just redeem 1 code for an avatar item and then just buy another 40 point item to have the 2 "purchases"[/QUOTE]

I doubt that would work.

[quote name='nypickle']I wonder if redeeming a code for avatar items counts towards this even if you just redeem 1 code for an avatar item and then just buy another 40 point item to have the 2 "purchases"[/QUOTE]

No, you have to purchase it with MS points. Other than the XBL cards Microsoft doesn't consider using a code as "buying" anything. People who used a code for one of the summer of arcade games had trouble getting their code for Crimson Alliance. If you really care you could call and I'm sure you could talk the into giving you the points, but it hardly seems worth it for $0.32.

[quote name='BlankUsername32']No, you have to purchase it with MS points. Other than the XBL cards Microsoft doesn't consider using a code as "buying" anything. People who used a code for one of the summer of arcade games had trouble getting their code for Crimson Alliance. If you really care you could call and I'm sure you could talk the into giving you the points, but it hardly seems worth it for $0.32.[/QUOTE]

that's kind of what I figured. I have no problem spending the points required to get the points back, was more of a curiosity thing. Thanks for clearing it up with the Crimson Alliance example.

Bumping this for anyone who was waiting for the last day in case they added more 40 point clothes. (Almost positive they didn't.) Also for new members, those who didn't have points or whatever.

I guess I'll wait a few hours and see what comes up for today's one day only sale, although I highly doubt there'll be any clothes marked down to 40 (since to my knowledge it's never happened before).

bread's done
Back