Feedback
4 (100%)
What the hell am I thinking?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

http://wii.ign.com/articles/798/798713p1.html

and

Transformers

http://wii.ign.com/objects/805/805115.html

That Harry Potter review really makes me interested in the game. I've never played any of the other HP games, and while I will see the movie, I never thought I'd try any of the games.

Transformers on the other hand seems to pull together all the awesomeness of games like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Spiderman 2, and other GTA-alikes, combined with Transformers. Hopefully the game play can hold up, but I still can't believe I am even remotely interested in either of these games.

I will admit, I probably wouldn't be as interested if they weren't on the Wii. Seems like the controls add a lot to the games.

I'd hold off n buying Transfoermers till the review hits. I was set to up and buy Spider-Man 3 at release. Then the game sucked (and the movie didn't fair well either).

[quote name='daroga']I'd hold off n buying Transfoermers till the review hits. I was set to up and buy Spider-Man 3 at release. Then the game sucked (and the movie didn't fair well either).[/QUOTE]

After blind buying Spider-man 3, I swore off buying any more of Activision's movie tie-ins on release day. Don't get me wrong, I'm really hoping the Transformers game is good, but I'm not holding my breath.

I thought this was going to have Ratattoie in the thread. They previewed it in Wii Playground a little while back and said it was a pretty solid platformer.

I swore I wouldn't buy another Harry Potter game at (near) full price again after getting the last one and seeing it everywhere for $10 or less not long afterwards. I got it for $30 from the GR preorder deal and it came with a movie ticket (like the new one does) so that saved me another $7 or so, so that wasn't too bad (except for how quickly it dropped). The last game was OK, and the previews seem to indicate this one is much better, so I'm tempted. We'll see...

Maybe I'll need to snag another set of Meet the Robinsons and Avatar from CC and trade those to EB. $34 spent to get the game, then use the movie coupon when I take the kids for another $6.50 off - tempting, if it gets high review scores.

After reading some stuff on Harry Potter it has definetly got me looking twice. I'm still not sure I'll buy it but the Wii remote stuff looks kind of cool.

I think I've caught Transformers fever because I'm really considering picking it up now. I keep watching videos online and everytime I see a semi on the freeway it makes me wanna yell out "Optimus!". Anyone pick it up?

I rented Harry Potter for the Wii and I'm really enjoying it. I put about 2 hours in tonight and completed 15% in that much time. The wand/remote controls are pretty entertaining thus far, but it remains to be seen how good the fighting sequences will be when you have to cast spells in a hurry.

It is nice to just run around Hogwarts though.

i can't remember the last time i've bought a moved based game. they aren't all bad. but they are almost never great. it looks like harry potter doesn't look all that bad.

bread's done
Back