Two questions

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!
What's the cheapest way I can send Ys Seven Limited Edition by usps including box?

I bought Ys Seven Limited Edition on Ebay from the seller pieceofmindbooks. I didn't think too much about it since they had pretty good ratings, but while waiting for it to arrive I googled the company and see they have a pretty bad rep on CAG. After reading few of the negative reviews, especially on the LE items, I was a little worried that it wouldn't come with all the items.

Today I receive the game, in an Amazon box no less, and it did come with all the items, with the game, map, and cd being seal. The box was extremely crushed and a torn and the top right corner of the art book is bent all the the way through the book. I plan to send it back for a refund, but I want to know the cheapest way to do so.

Is there a place that takes worn/broken games?

I bought two games used a while ago and ended up getting duplicate copies that where in much better condition. I would like to get rid of both but one is in no condition to sell and the other has a damaged case, but everything else is fine.

The first game Metal Gear Ac!d 2 got the worst end of the stick. The umd shell was split apart and it was past the return date when I found out. I ended up switching its case with the broken case of another used game.

I could buy a set of new umd cases and shells, but it doesn't seem worth it financially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Media Mail is the cheapest option available that I know of. But you'd better take photos of how it arrived and pack it REALLY well in a solid box to send back to them. However, if it's a game I don't believe it qualifies for Media(according to my local PO employees who told me REPEATEDLY).

So I'd ask before sending it Media as it may be sent back to you if it's stopped/inspected and you'd lose the postage on it due to that.

So just have it weighed before sending and hopefully it'll squeak in just under 13oz and you can still ship first class mail. Don't forget to get Delivery Confirmation on it as well.

Oh and btw, PieceOfMindMedia/PieceOfMindBooks is supposedly an offshoot of NorAm International supposedly, which is the company that runs Amazon's game trade-in program.

As for a place that takes broken/worn games I'd just try Gamestop. Take a look at the quality of the stuff on their shelves and tell me they don't just take in any old pieces of crap.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Media Mail is the cheapest option available that I know of. But you'd better take photos of how it arrived and pack it REALLY well in a solid box to send back to them. However, if it's a game I don't believe it qualifies for Media(according to my local PO employees who told me REPEATEDLY).

So I'd ask before sending it Media as it may be sent back to you if it's stopped/inspected and you'd lose the postage on it due to that.

So just have it weighed before sending and hopefully it'll squeak in just under 13oz and you can still ship first class mail. Don't forget to get Delivery Confirmation on it as well.

Oh and btw, PieceOfMindMedia/PieceOfMindBooks is supposedly an offshoot of NorAm International supposedly, which is the company that runs Amazon's game trade-in program.

As for a place that takes broken/worn games I'd just try Gamestop. Take a look at the quality of the stuff on their shelves and tell me they don't just take in any old pieces of crap.;)[/QUOTE]
Its pretty heavy and it just over the dimensions to fit in a small flat rate box. Oath in Felgana LE fits. The first thing I did was take pictures of it.

Both companys are one and the same.

I would try gamestop, but I can't see them offering more than a few cents for the trade in.

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

Yikes. What kind of packaging did they use to send it to you? It looks like it got damaged in the same way some people's trade-ins did to NorAm when stuff got rejected.

I would just file an A to Z claim with Amazon regarding the damage and see if you can get a refund and maybe get compensated for return shipping, since the condition on those is deplorable.

The shipping box wasn't damaged at all which leads me to believe that the box was that way in their warehouse and they shipped it like that.

I bought the game through ebay. They refund the money if send it back to them. Maybe I should file a claim for shipping.

Well it occurred to me I could just reuse the box it came in. According to the tracking information the package weighs 1.1lbs which is about 17.6 ounces.

Also you're right about media mail not being for games.

Video games, whether on CD-ROM, diskettes, or similar software, or playable systems including computers, do not meet the standards for Media Mail. Storage devices such as "portable hard drives", "thumb drives", "flash drives", "jump-drives", and "USB drives" for use with computers are not eligible for Media Mail prices. For specific eligibility please see DMM 173.3.

[quote name='Zin_LG']The shipping box wasn't damaged at all which leads me to believe that the box was that way in their warehouse and they shipped it like that.

I bought the game through ebay. They refund the money if send it back to them. Maybe I should file a claim for shipping.[/QUOTE]

How was the item described on ebay? If they described the item accurately then the reputation of the seller is not really the issue.

Also, why do you think you should get more than pennies for your jacked up PSP games?

[quote name='yourlefthand']How was the item described on ebay? If they described the item accurately then the reputation of the seller is not really the issue.

Also, why do you think you should get more than pennies for your jacked up PSP games?[/QUOTE]
The item description was very good. I wouldn't have bought if it mention anything about damage like this.

I worked something out with them and they gave me a prepaid label. Also thanks IamtheCheapestGamer you gave me an idea on the best way to solve my second problem.

bread's done
Back