Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition (Xbox 360) 50% off from Amazon

pofigster

CAGiversary!
I just noticed this and I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but right now on Amazon you can get Two Worlds 2 (for Xbox 360) Velvet Game of the Year edition for 50% off ($25).

Link to the product is below. Instructions are to use the promo code TOPWARE2 at checkout - it needs to be sold by Topware Interactive (fulfilled by Amazon is OK). This is Prime eligible. The details say get 50% off when you buy 1 or more items from Topware. I don't know if this is a mistake or intentional, but it worked for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329483219&sr=1-4

You may want to note that this is the UK (PAL) version, and it may not be region free. I have the ps3 velvet edition.

[quote name='thehoweller']Conversation on Amazon points to it being the PAL version, but still being playable.[/QUOTE]

Well.. "playable" might be a stretch when describing any copy of Two Worlds II. ;)

Got the Royal GOTY edition. thanks, its funny...i have over a 100 hours in TW2, a great game and never picked up the expansion cause it was so expensive on XBLM. Now i got so much stuff for the same price. I just hope, my game save still works with this version. any clue?

In for the Royal GoTY Edition... The sad part is I already own Two Worlds 2 and haven't even gotten around to playing it, why must I feel compelled to purchase this!

[quote name='thehoweller']Promo code isn't applying to the GotY editions.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, dropped the Royal GoTY Edition from $60 to $29.99.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is there any reason to get the Velvet edition over the Royal? I can't view amazon atm. Input appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I guess if you really love the way the Fable 3 CE Looked? (Appears to come in a book, similar to that one) but for an extra $5 you get quite a bit more stuff from the Royal One, and if what someone said earlier is right, there's only 5,000 of the Royal GoTY's, which is pretty limited compared to what is usually put out these days.

I would be careful ordering the Royal editions at this point. They sold out a while back and these newly released ones are made up of some used or mismatched pieces from returns. A few people have posted getting opened game discs with scratches and fingerprints and damaged boxes and other items resealed. Similarly, as someone else noted, the Velvet edition is a European version which works assuming you have an HDTV, but in my opinion was deceptively advertised by them as nowhere does it say that in the description.

[quote name='bojay1997']I would be careful ordering the Royal editions at this point. They sold out a while back and these newly released ones are made up of some used or mismatched pieces from returns. A few people have posted getting opened game discs with scratches and fingerprints and damaged boxes and other items resealed. Similarly, as someone else noted, the Velvet edition is a European version which works assuming you have an HDTV, but in my opinion was deceptively advertised by them as nowhere does it say that in the description.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully this is Amazon...So at the worst, it'll be returned and I'll be refunded. Could be worse elsewhere.

Two Worlds 2 Royal Collectors GOTY edition is a fantastic deal at $29.99 since you get all them extras, including art book, map, 10 inch collectible statue, Two Worlds 2 game, and the expansion disc also (Pirates of the Flying Fortress) which it self on the XBL marketplace for 2400 MSP ($30!)

From what I hear from reviews on avg the expansion is a pretty big upgrade including graphics, interface, animations, and loot. They say on avg it takes about 15 hours to beat the DLC. Thats like a full game length wise when you consider the avg game length.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is there any reason to get the Velvet edition over the Royal? I can't view amazon atm. Input appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Edit: I just realized the Velvet edition is not in stock for PS3, so you most likely mean the 360 version.

For what console? If you have PS3, then yes because the Velvet edition comes with the expansion. Only the regular CE for the PS3 is in stock (Expansion not included).

Now if you mean for Xbox 360, then I'd say no. The Xbox360 CE-Game of the Year Edition is in stock and comes with the expansion.

I didn't know there was a Collector's Edition and Collector's Edition-Game of the Year Edition myself, but apparently there is. I would have jumped on the PS3-CE-GOTY edition if it was in stock.

Thanks dude. I got the Velvet then realized I could get the Royal GOY. I dropped the velvet but had to order the Royal from wife's account to still get the promo code to work. Thanks again dude. All the Royals went fast once this thread was started.

Damn... Royal is gone :(

EDIT: Take that back - looks like one of the earlier links in this thread is just pointing to a version that is out of stock. I was able to find one for the 360.

Thanks, OP. The code and a $10 gift card I had enabled me to pick up a PC Royal Edition for $9 and some change. I've been wanting to get my hands on this for a while.

Went ahead and got the Velvet GOTY Edition over the Royal Edition just because it came with the expansion whereas the regular Royal Edition does not contain it (from what I could gather anyway).

I grabbed a PC Royal collectors edition and PC Velvet edition for $40 shipped. They didn't have a GOTY collectors edition for PC, which is why I also bought the velvet, but it will be cool to have both the original game and addon along with all the collectors stuff from both versions. Considering I was thinking about buying just the base collectors edition last week for $40 this is a pretty good score IMO.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Any issues with the PC/MAC version?[/QUOTE]

I have it and it works fine on the PC.

The Royal version is a good deal if you like extras. It has A LOT of stuff.

The Velvet has the expansion which I thought was done well and improved on the game in some areas. They say 15 hours but I think I did around 22. YMMV. The story I thought was a bit more interesting and didn't drag as much as that of the main game. Visuals are upgraded a bit, particular the NPCs but there aren't a ton of them.

Note that the Expansion is wholly separate from the base game. You can't travel back and forth between the two but you can import your character from the base game with a save file. Most items will carry over and all your stats should. You also have the option to create a new character for the expansion.

Once you finish the expansion you will not be able to transfer your character out of it.

[quote name='onimushadavis']Went ahead and got the Velvet GOTY Edition over the Royal Edition just because it came with the expansion whereas the regular Royal Edition does not contain it (from what I could gather anyway).[/QUOTE]

Crap I just ordered the Royal edition for PC. Can anyone confirm the Royal Edition does not include the expansion?

cancelled my royal 360 ed and got the velvet goty instead as well. watched vids of the pirates dlc and it looks awesome...plus red velvet is nice. seems they made the multiplayer maps accessible in the main game for the goty...thats awesome too.

just watched an unboxing vid and the velvet goty 360 ed. shows that it has 3d. yessssss

[quote name='technicalstylez']cancelled my royal 360 ed and got the velvet goty instead as well. watched vids of the pirates dlc and it looks awesome...plus red velvet is nice. seems they made the multiplayer maps accessible in the main game for the goty...thats awesome too.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing as well. Code said it was not valid at checkout but it still applied $20 off the order. Made sure it was not promo credit from something else by adding a different game to cart. PC master race version though.

Thanks OP! I had been eyeing the Velvet edition for a while, since I already had the Royal from when it initially came out, and the Velvet had the expansion plus a seemingly different set of junk bundled in. At $25 it's a much nicer expansion set.

[quote name='splintercell']Thanks OP! I had been eyeing the Velvet edition for a while, since I already had the Royal from when it initially came out, and the Velvet had the expansion plus a seemingly different set of junk bundled in. At $25 it's a much nicer expansion set.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, did you mean the Royal or the Velvet is a much nicer set?

bread's done
Back