Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition (Xbox 360) 50% off from Amazon

pofigster

CAGiversary!
I just noticed this and I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but right now on Amazon you can get Two Worlds 2 (for Xbox 360) Velvet Game of the Year edition for 50% off ($25).

Link to the product is below. Instructions are to use the promo code TOPWARE2 at checkout - it needs to be sold by Topware Interactive (fulfilled by Amazon is OK). This is Prime eligible. The details say get 50% off when you buy 1 or more items from Topware. I don't know if this is a mistake or intentional, but it worked for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329483219&sr=1-4

well shit...i have the base game on 360 (ordered when they were offering it and the guide for 30 directly) and I wont he royal edition ps3 at pax. So do i order the velvet edition of this for whatever price it is on 360 when i havent played the game on either yet anyway? decisions.....

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Code is not working on the PC goty velvet ...hmm[/QUOTE]

I just ordered one with the code about a half hour ago. Are you sure you have a copy that being sold by Topware, and not someone else, in your cart?

[quote name='mindcycle']I just ordered one with the code about a half hour ago. Are you sure you have a copy that being sold by Topware, and not someone else, in your cart?[/QUOTE]

it says topware...not sure why it's not working.

It seems like you can only place 1 order with them using that code. I had ordered the Collector's Edition earlier and it worked. Trying to order the GOTY for a friend now but the code no longer works.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']it says topware...not sure why it's not working.

It seems like you can only place 1 order with them using that code. I had ordered the Collector's Edition earlier and it worked. Trying to order the GOTY for a friend now but the code no longer works.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely 1 code use per account.

Thanks purchased a Velvet GOTY on Xbox 360. Even though I didn't get very far on the vanilla Two Worlds 2, I really want to play the Pirates DLC. And for $25, it doesn't break the bank.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I'm confused, did you mean the Royal or the Velvet is a much nicer set?[/QUOTE]
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply either was really "nicer" per se. I guess the Royal edition obviously comes with way more stuff, and the statue in it is actually pretty decent.

Like I said, I already had Royal, so I grabbed Velvet now for the new pirate goodness and according to the Amazon description the "Brass-plated "Pirate Head" pin (approx. 2 in.) included as a Collector's Accessory" (yes, it's junk, but it's half off, and also pirates).

fuck. I just sold off about 15 games last week because I have no time to play them all. Just had to get the Velvet GoTY Edition though. March brings more madness as well...

Thanks op (I think). ;)

Ah crap, I also didn't realize I ordered the Royal Edition instead of the GOTY edition, and now of course I can't get the velvet edition on the deal. Damn.

[quote name='pwnthee']Ah crap, I also didn't realize I ordered the Royal Edition instead of the GOTY edition, and now of course I can't get the velvet edition on the deal. Damn.[/QUOTE]

after i cancelled my royal ed, i reordered the velvet ed and the discount showed up without the code- i thought something was wrong so i put the code in just in case and it sayd code no longer valid- but the discount was still applied. if it doesn't work for you, just make another amazon account with a different email address. no big deal.

I got another copy for the DLC & soundtrack. I had purchased the original last year for about 39.99 on amazon. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Now I just have to wait another 4 weeks for my skyrim soundtrack and my shuffle wil be complete....

[quote name='Guerrilla']There's only 58 :360: Velvets left.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry most of these will be showing up on ebay in about 3 days ;-) (my guess)

[quote name='kevgret']Are people buying these to flip or play? the reviews I've read have not been kind...[/QUOTE]

I hope not. They aren't even US boxed items, so I'm not sure who is going to be paying a premium for these.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']wait so is the velvet edition the royal goty edition??[/QUOTE]

uhmm no. Velvet editions do not come with the statue, which the royal edition does.

[quote name='bojay1997']I hope not. They aren't even US boxed items, so I'm not sure who is going to be paying a premium for these.[/QUOTE]

If that Pirate code is as many points as they say on the Xbox network you better believe there will be folks trying to sell these next week. Kind of a waste of time (considering this is 2 worlds 2 here) if you ask me, but no doubt you'll see a ton of velvets and royals pop up. Bet we see a lot of Skyrim stuff hit as well. Just look how many uncharted belt buckles and rings showed up last 2 weeks.

Bought Royal GOTY but cancelled since it is reported to be a pal version with opened box & messed up stuff inside in many cases.
Also velvet is confirmed to work on US consoles but yet to see that confirmation for Royal GOTY.
As someone just pointed out , the games from either version cannot be traded since they are all pal format

Thanks for the sweet post OP! I'd been looking to track down the Royal Edition cheap for sometime now at Gamestop!

[quote name='kevgret']Are people buying these to flip or play? the reviews I've read have not been kind...[/QUOTE]

Buying to play. I don't flip games like this. I flip COD and such though.

Before i order this, the 360 velvet and royal versions WILL work on my 360 correct?

I wan the royal, but only if it will work on my US 360.

I would expect a disclaimer if it didn't work on US consoles. If it doesn't, I'm pretty sure Amazon will accept returns on it because it's fulfilled by Amazon and they take back things with "incorrect descriptions" or other problems, even though it's technically a third party item.

Glad I didn't miss this one, even if it's 'just' the Velvet edition. Would've liked the playing cards from the Royal edition, though.

Already own the vanilla version, but haven't played it yet. Will sell or trade that one to subsidize this one. Works for me. Thanks OP.

Had the Royal Edition sitting in a corner collecting dust, and now I can give it company with the Velvet Edition. Curse my CE temptations ... thanks a bunch! :D

[quote name='Xellos2099']woah... does that mean that the pc royal edition include the dlc?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, there is a difference between "Royal Collector's Edition" and "Royal GOTY Collector's Edition." This difference seems to be the DLC being included or not.

[quote name='Mad dog']As far as I can tell, there is a difference between "Royal Collector's Edition" and "Royal GOTY Collector's Edition." This difference seems to be the DLC being included or not.[/QUOTE]

That works great for me since we have the Royal Collector's edition already, thanks for the heads up.

I just ordered this, I am not totally sure why. I did like it when I rented it and this is probably the best price for the game and the expansion.

My Royal GOTY CE was cancelled by Amazon, they said it was out of stock from topware. I also noticed the 50% off code didn't work for the the Royal GOTY CE, I saw the discount during checkout, but in the actual invoice\order page it remained $59.99, and that was the amount deducted from my credit. So everyone that ordered it should check their order page to see if the 50% off code actually applied.

I just placed an order for the Velvet Edition and the code works.

thx for the heads up.

[quote name='rockx4']My Royal GOTY CE was cancelled by Amazon, they said it was out of stock from topware. I also noticed the 50% off code didn't work for the the Royal GOTY CE, I saw the discount during checkout, but in the actual invoice\order page it remained $59.99, and that was the amount deducted from my credit. So everyone that ordered it should check their order page to see if the 50% off code actually applied.

I just placed an order for the Velvet Edition and the code works.[/QUOTE]

So every unboxing video of the velvet edition I see on YouTube are in German,will this edition still play and unlock the dlc on my 360 from the USA?

[quote name='Vap']So every unboxing video of the velvet edition I see on YouTube are in German,will this edition still play and unlock the dlc on my 360 from the USA?[/QUOTE]

Even though they don't address that issue directly, this can't leave one with much worry:

http://www.topware.com/us/384,two-worlds-ii--velvet-edition-released-in-north-america.html

They obviously MEANT for it to be sold here, so I'm sure they made sure it works in USA Xbox 360s.

[quote name='rockx4']My Royal GOTY CE was cancelled by Amazon, they said it was out of stock from topware. I also noticed the 50% off code didn't work for the the Royal GOTY CE, I saw the discount during checkout, but in the actual invoice\order page it remained $59.99, and that was the amount deducted from my credit. So everyone that ordered it should check their order page to see if the 50% off code actually applied.

I just placed an order for the Velvet Edition and the code works.[/QUOTE]

Must have been only for you. The discount worked just fine for my Royal GOTY, it was shipped and I should receive it by tuesday. Will report then on the condition and whether its PAL or not and if it works.

my velvet ed arrives tomorrow... shipped by ontrac :cry:..they better not fuck this up.

[quote name='sylveranking']Must have been only for you. The discount worked just fine for my Royal GOTY, it was shipped and I should receive it by tuesday. Will report then on the condition and whether its PAL or not and if it works.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back