Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition (Xbox 360) 50% off from Amazon

pofigster

CAGiversary!
I just noticed this and I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but right now on Amazon you can get Two Worlds 2 (for Xbox 360) Velvet Game of the Year edition for 50% off ($25).

Link to the product is below. Instructions are to use the promo code TOPWARE2 at checkout - it needs to be sold by Topware Interactive (fulfilled by Amazon is OK). This is Prime eligible. The details say get 50% off when you buy 1 or more items from Topware. I don't know if this is a mistake or intentional, but it worked for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329483219&sr=1-4

[quote name='KtMack23']Are either of these editions worth the price? I've got a huge backlog and I'm not sure if this is worth playing.[/QUOTE]

If you like extras, there's a ridiculous amount of stuff in the Royal Edition for $20.

If you're especially bothered with trinkets and such but just the game itself, the Velvet has less physical stuff but more game content with the expansion.

In terms of the game, if you like open world action RPG type games it's decent enough, especially for the price.

The campaign for the basegame is quite long so potentially you can get a lot of play out of it. I personally liked the Pirates campaign (expansion) a bit better because I thought it was more original and more concise without a lot of meandering. For me I feel like the main campaign dragged a little by the time you get to the second continent.

I do think it's a decent deal if you remotely like this sort of game.

the velvet editions 360 that were fulfilled by amazon are sold out.. but u can still get it from topware but $10 shipping...seems like we all got an even better deal than we thought.

[quote name='rockx4']My Royal GOTY CE was cancelled by Amazon, they said it was out of stock from topware. I also noticed the 50% off code didn't work for the the Royal GOTY CE, I saw the discount during checkout, but in the actual invoice\order page it remained $59.99, and that was the amount deducted from my credit. So everyone that ordered it should check their order page to see if the 50% off code actually applied.

I just placed an order for the Velvet Edition and the code works.[/QUOTE]

I checked my account and invoice, and this happened to me as well.. except mine wasn't cancelled. During checkout, it did show 24.99. I contacted Amazon CS earlier today and he assured me that the promo was applied. I saved the conversation and this is part of it:

"TANVI:Thanks for your patience.
I have checked your account and it is applying in your order.
Me:what is the total amount showing for?
TANVI:Order total is $24.99 and Promotion Applied:$25.00."

Well later today I got an email and this is part of it:

"I've researched this promotion, and see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, this ''Save 50% each on All TopWare Products offered by Topware Interactive when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code TOPWARE2 at checkout..''.

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?"

Pretty strange since the promo was showing during checkout. Oh well, I guess I'll have to return it. Some of you may want to check your accounts.

checked my acct and my velvet ed. shows 24.99... maybe the error is only for the royal goty ed's?...mine arrives tomorrow.. can't wait. now what to do with my sealed vanilla ps3 copy..

My Royal GOTY order says $29.99 but its in the shipping soon state ... I hope it stays like that once it ships

[quote name='kevinc23']My Royal GOTY order says $29.99 but its in the shipping soon state ... I hope it stays like that once it ships[/QUOTE]

im in the same boat. i really liked this game when i got to play it and all the stuff that comes with it, im gonna be so bummed if it doesnt go through.

I tried the Live Chat CS again and this time the guy told me the promotional credit was never applied at all, which was BS or I wouldn't have ordered in the first place. I ended up calling CS instead and that was a ton more helpful. The guy on the phone had me re-order the game to get the promo applied and then recalled the previous order from UPS. I have 2-day shipping so that isn't a huge deal. I'm just glad it saves me the trouble of having to return it myself.

i hate ontrac because they damage my packages, mark them delivered when they clearly weren't, tell me i can't come pick up the package that they "forgot" to deliver even though the shipping center is 15 min away, and have a deal set up with amazon where all my ontrac packages -including CE's like this one- ship in bubble envelopes.

don't have any of those problems with ups. i can deal with tracking cookies (that are easily deleted) if my CE arrives pristine. to each his own i guess.

[quote name='Mad dog']My Velvet just shipped with Ontrac... I have no experience with them, but I must say, I would rather use them than UPS even if their service might be a little worse. UPS calls you a "consumer" on their website and GPS marks your front door and places tracking cookies on your computer when you check your package status online. **** them I say.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/terms/privacy_notice_changes.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']i hate ontrac because they damage my packages, mark them delivered when they clearly weren't, tell me i can't come pick up the package that they "forgot" to deliver even though the shipping center is 15 min away, and have a deal set up with amazon where all my ontrac packages -including CE's like this one- ship in bubble envelopes.

don't have any of those problems with ups. i can deal with tracking cookies (that are easily deleted) if my CE arrives pristine. to each his own i guess.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I just try and maintain principles as best as possible. I wish me luck with Ontrac... I wonder if they are the ones who delivered my Rock Band 3 guitar and had it so banged up that it was DOA? :roll:

just got my velvet edition 360. amazon surprisingly shipped in the cardboard envelope thing.. arrived pristine. ontrac u got lucky. its the german/pal version. the bonus disc includes 6 song soundtrack from pirates dlc and full two worlds 2 ost, in both mp3 and wav formats- super convenient. the map is double sided -1 side antaloor, the other side pirates archipelago/promo art-.. pin is neat too. soo happy. red velvet box ftw. so glad i got this instead of the royal ed. game works in my slim 360 no problem. dlc is under 'new game'. theres a bonus code on the back of the manual for an in game item- u need to be atleast level 11 to wield it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']i hate ontrac because they damage my packages, mark them delivered when they clearly weren't, tell me i can't come pick up the package that they "forgot" to deliver even though the shipping center is 15 min away, and have a deal set up with amazon where all my ontrac packages -including CE's like this one- ship in bubble envelopes.

don't have any of those problems with ups. i can deal with tracking cookies (that are easily deleted) if my CE arrives pristine. to each his own i guess.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, that sounds like my experience with Ensenda. I'm not sure if they are everywhere or just regional, but Amazon sometimes uses them (although it seems a lot less frequent lately). Around Nov-Dec, I had problems with 4-5 packages in a row from them. All of them arrived a day or more late. One morning I got a package delivered at 9am, then the other package I was suppose to get from them that same day was marked 'address incorrect'. I've had to call them to confirm my address because they were saying I was a business with a gated entrance. The other times, the status was just marked as 'undeliverable' and I would get it the next day. One time it didn't even seem like they even tried to deliver it. The status showed they got the item and sent it back to Amazon lol.

[quote name='technicalstylez']just got my velvet edition 360........[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome man! I can't wait, I'm glad I got the Velvet edition too.

OP, Need to edit the topic title and mark this deal as dead. It's out of stock. :applause:

[quote name='technicalstylez']just got my velvet edition 360. amazon surprisingly shipped in the cardboard envelope thing.. arrived pristine. ontrac u got lucky. its the german/pal version. the bonus disc includes 6 song soundtrack from pirates dlc and full two worlds 2 ost, in both mp3 and wav formats- super convenient. the map is double sided -1 side antaloor, the other side pirates archipelago/promo art-.. pin is neat too. soo happy. red velvet box ftw. so glad i got this instead of the royal ed. game works in my slim 360 no problem. dlc is under 'new game'. theres a bonus code on the back of the manual for an in game item- u need to be atleast level 11 to wield it though.[/QUOTE]

Glad for confirmation that it works. Wonder what other pal/european games work on US 360s...

[quote name='Mad dog']My Velvet just shipped with Ontrac... I have no experience with them, but I must say, I would rather use them than UPS even if their service might be a little worse. UPS calls you a "consumer" on their website and GPS marks your front door and places tracking cookies on your computer when you check your package status online. **** them I say.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/terms/privacy_notice_changes.html[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Now UPS will know where you live!

I told myself that Mass Effect 3 and Last Story were the last games I was buying for a while, but this deal intrigued me. I bought the PC version of the Velvet and the Xbox 360 Version of the Royal Edition. No Idea why, but those 2 for $45 seems like a very good deal and I could probably flip If I find them just taking up space. Probably will play the PC one because of the expansion and keep the 360 one looking pretty.

Do you think they will get any more Velvet Editions in stock for the Xbox 360? I didn't want to risk missing out on the deal or Amazon not getting more, so I ordered the Velvet Edition for PC. I already have the Royal Edition for the Xbox 360.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Well, I just receive my royal edition for pc and it is opened and the bonus dvd is without a jewel case and it is sractched to hell.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you opened it or it was already opened upon delivery?

I just received my Velvet GOTY Ed. for PC and it is new / sealed. Slight tear in the shrink wrap, but I don't really care. Good pickup for $20.

My Royal 360 edition us sealed but it doesn't look like an original manufacturer seal. Wasn't going to open it until I was ready to play it, but I'm wondering now if I should to verify its complete while I could still return it... :(

[quote name='jkimrey']My Royal 360 edition us sealed but it doesn't look like an original manufacturer seal. Wasn't going to open it until I was ready to play it, but I'm wondering now if I should to verify its complete while I could still return it... :([/QUOTE]

I would suggest you open it and confirm that it is complete and undamaged. If you find issues with the contents, then you can perhaps get it resolved. If you wait a long time to open it, you will probably be stuck. PLease come back an report your findings, as other CAGs are interested in the condition of these repackaged editions.
I myself ordered the GOTY Royal 360 edition, and I will be opening it as soon as it arrives. Which should be in a couple of days.

I believe earlier in this thread someone said the Royal editions that are still around are actually re-packs of the content. That would explain why some of the stuff doesn't come with the original sleeves/cases.

i really liked 2worlds2, but that dlc is crazy overpriced. they need to go for $5-10, not 20 or whatever crazy price it is. it doesnt even add a new plat or anything.

Just got my velvet and royal for 360..everything fine on my velvet but when i picked up the royal i heard a rattling inside the box as something is definitely loose or broken...if i open the royal edition and find something broken cn i return it? TIA

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Just got my velvet and royal for 360..everything fine on my velvet but when i picked up the royal i heard a rattling inside the box as something is definitely loose or broken...if i open the royal edition and find something broken cn i return it? TIA[/QUOTE]

Same here, something is definitely loose in there. Also, is this thing actually going to play on a US console? I noticed on the back it has a Union Jack/British flag in the language section, whereas if it was an American release you'd expect it to have the US flag

If its a light rattling it is just a weapon that is loose inside & no damage. It freaked me out too when I got the original royal longtime back
If it is heavier rattling, it could be a broken arm though

[quote name='dinovelvet']Same here, something is definitely loose in there. Also, is this thing actually going to play on a US console? I noticed on the back it has a Union Jack/British flag in the language section, whereas if it was an American release you'd expect it to have the US flag[/QUOTE]

it is region free, but you bought this and didn't know it was an import?

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Just got my velvet and royal for 360..everything fine on my velvet but when i picked up the royal i heard a rattling inside the box as something is definitely loose or broken...if i open the royal edition and find something broken cn i return it? TIA[/QUOTE]

amazon will either replace it or give a full refund.

[quote name='havuk']it is region free, but you bought this and didn't know it was an import?[/QUOTE]

No, I had no idea actually. Its amazon - usually they make it loud and clear when you're looking at an import item. No biggie, as long as it works.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Even if its opened?[/QUOTE]

If it's sold or fulfilled by Amazon there should be no issues, Amazon isn't Target.

[quote name='Poor2More']Two Worlds 2 Royal Collectors GOTY edition is a fantastic deal at $29.99 since you get all them extras, including art book, map, 10 inch collectible statue, Two Worlds 2 game, and the expansion disc also (Pirates of the Flying Fortress) which it self on the XBL marketplace for 2400 MSP ($30!)

From what I hear from reviews on avg the expansion is a pretty big upgrade including graphics, interface, animations, and loot. They say on avg it takes about 15 hours to beat the DLC. Thats like a full game length wise when you consider the avg game length.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know this game had DLC....That's a steal though.

The shrinkwrap on many of the Royal Editions is loose and does not look factory. I remember reading this somwhere, and the one I got from GameStop last year was like that. The guy at the store even commented on how the shrinkwrap didn't look right.

Got mine yesterday, but gotta say the shrink wrap does look weird on my 360 Royal Version. Is that just what they always look like or are these in fact re-packs? I was gonna flip some of these, but am hesitant now...Any help would be great!

[quote name='barrit']Here's the link that was posted in an earlier page about the re-packs. If your Royal Edition has the DLC, then it's a repack since it originally didn't come with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You guys (and girls) are a great community!

Well, the shrinkwrap of my open is actually opened before i even open the box AND the bonus DVD is scratched to hell without case. Amazon will let me return and reorder for $20 since it is not sold by amazon so they can't do a direct exchange.

bread's done
Back