Two Worlds CE X360 $4.99 new at GameCrazy

Meh, the guy at our GameCrazy scanned it and said it rang up full price, and then said he'd have to call tech support which will take a few hours or some shit.

I would say that he's full of it and just wanted the game for himself, but he did say that he'd put a copy aside for me in case the price drops later today. We'll see..

[quote name='io']I'll have to check that out - I'm more likely to find it there than at a Gamecrazy and I assume the prices would be the same, right?[/quote]

I doubt it.

Meh, the guy at our GameCrazy scanned it and said it rang up full price, and then said he'd have to call tech support which will take a few hours or some shit.

It's possible that he wasn't lying, I've had that happen a few times. I hope you actually get it.

I may have missed it but is the regular edition $4.99 also?

Did you read my original post?

[quote name='Scorch']It's possible that he wasn't lying, I've had that happen a few times. I hope you actually get it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man.

Got the regular edition for $10 but during the B1G1 the end of last yr (and still haven't played it, lol). But thanks for the post, Scorch! I always want to see more GC deals since there are a bunch really close to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahhaha I remember buying this game at full price a year ago.

I actually liked the game, it was a guilty pleasure.

[quote name='genfuyung']There's a demo of this game on the marketplace.[/quote]

Thanks man, I always forget to check for these.

[quote name='inubu']I think too many people took this game way too seriously (I'm looking at you, Oblivion lovers). If you're into level grinding and item collecting, along the lines of the first Diablo game, there is lots of fun to be had here, especially at $5. Is the dialog laughable bad? For sure. Is if funny to hear your character yell out things like, "Die, curr!" or "Say 'Hello' to DEATH" every time he draws his sword? Absolutely. Is the horse combat terrible? Yep. Are the summons and spells plentiful and powerful. You bet.

I got the game for around $7 and got a lot of value out of it. You just have to relax and play it for what it is. This game is not simulation by any means. And there's no strategy but moving straight ahead. It may look like Oblivion, but it's pure hack 'n slash at its heart.[/quote]

I agree, this game got along of negative slack and I thought it was quite enjoyable.

Thanks scorch for posting :applause:
So this is how it went.

GC:How may i help you today?
me: Do you know how much Two Worlds is?
GC:i think it's 49.99 but let me double check
[checking (i see his eyebrow go up like a wtf) and he checks again (does eyebrow thing again)]
GC:Wait let me call someone
(convo with other guy "do you know how much two worlds is? oh really? bye")
GC:You're not going to believe this or maybe you will but it's 4.99
me:eek:h man really?! :lol:
GC:Yea so you're saving 45 dollars
me:eek:h that's cool. do you have CE?
GC:ummm(checks) not at the moment (idk if he's lying)

and yea it was pretty fun

Gamecrazy - Brentwood, TN-Two Worlds CE Out of Stock, got the regular edition sealed for 4.99 this afternoon. The employees there rock and actually know there stuff, the guy behind the counter was a CAG.

My local GC didn't have any new but I did snag a pretty mint used copy. They had a 3 for $10 section so I picked out Perfect Dark: Zero, Two Worlds, and Counter-Strike (guilty pleasure), for about $11 and change. Also bought Burnout Paradise with some left over trade credit and I'm probably enjoying that the most.

Two Worlds seems like a pretty decent buy though for $5. I'm only about an hour in but so far other than the laughably terrible voice acting the game seems kinda fun.

Thanks OP. This thread led to a pretty productive gaming day for me.

$59.99 IN the San Diego Hollywood Video new, said used is $4.99.

I wonder if he lied, does it even sell for 59.99?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't this been 4.99 for a while i got it, January 1st to be exact along with mlb 2k8 and lost planet for 10 bucks, all sealed... come to think of it, it may have been a New Years Sale. I always wanted it because i loved diablo, btw, there are codes that improve the god awful framerate and make it fun to enjoy, just make sure you have a keyboard to type em in, unless you like the virtual keyboard

this game is like someone molded shit into disc form. and i knew it was going to be bad when i played it, and it exceeded those expectations. please, don't buy this game unless you're planning to trade it to an idiot, and even then, reconsider.

Think I got the last CE new for $5 in Houston. I asked for that game and the GC staff said "are you freaking serious? you actually want to pay good money for this game?!" then I love the look on their faces when they scanned it in. Then walked out with a $5 shiny turd after I paid.

Humm at least it had a free 48 Hour LIVE card. ^_^

had this game when I bought it for 9.99 from gamefly but traded it in for like 20 bucks. I liked it aside from the terrible fps. However for 4.99 I went and snagged the last CE from my gamecrazy. The girl who rang it up was shocked at the price and even announced she was buying a regular copy for that price. Now I can get those last few glitched achievements that were fixed in the update.

[quote name='chimpster1313']this game is like someone molded shit into disc form. and i knew it was going to be bad when i played it, and it exceeded those expectations. please, don't buy this game unless you're planning to trade it to an idiot, and even then, reconsider.[/QUOTE]

You're already been outvoted in this thread.

If anyone has doubts, just play the demo on Xbox Live. Go into it with a mind to have fun and not take it too seriously.

Just take the word of Unskippable if you have doubts it can be fun to play, despite it's more obvious flaws:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/541-Two-Worlds

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Hasn't this been 4.99 for a while i got it, January 1st to be exact along with mlb 2k8 and lost planet for 10 bucks, all sealed... come to think of it, it may have been a New Years Sale. I always wanted it because i loved diablo, btw, there are codes that improve the god awful framerate and make it fun to enjoy, just make sure you have a keyboard to type em in, unless you like the virtual keyboard[/quote]

What commands would you recommend using to increase frame rate? Also, do they make it so you can't earn achievements?

If anyone can get a sealed copy of the LE version and mail it to me, I will pay you $20 by money order as I have no pay pal. PM me.

I picked up the regular version for $1.97 from Sears a while ago but wouldn't mind picking up the CE as well for $4.99.

Thanks Op for the info Picked up the CE version for $ 5 , The guy who rang me up was like Whoa ! He said he was gonna grab the other one but said the used is also $ 5 , Seriously someone should make a page filled with Video Game Clerks Shocked Faces - would be a riot !

[quote name='EnronLackey']Think I got the last CE new for $5 in Houston. I asked for that game and the GC staff said "are you freaking serious? you actually want to pay good money for this game?!" then I love the look on their faces when they scanned it in. Then walked out with a $5 shiny turd after I paid.

Humm at least it had a free 48 Hour LIVE card. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Funny, I got the same kinds of reactions, though second-hand. I went to my local HWV to rent some movies and saw they had the regular but no CE. The girl at the front called the two closest Gamecrazy's and both didn't have it either but the guys at both of them asked her/me to reconsider that purchase and look for another game instead ;).

So I can ignore all that and get a regular version for $5, but I would still really like to find that CE.

[quote name='io']Funny, I got the same kinds of reactions, though second-hand. I went to my local HWV to rent some movies and saw they had the regular but no CE. The girl at the front called the two closest Gamecrazy's and both didn't have it either but the guys at both of them asked her/me to reconsider that purchase and look for another game instead ;).

So I can ignore all that and get a regular version for $5, but I would still really like to find that CE.[/QUOTE]

anyone else have luck getting it at $4.99 at hollywood video?

They rung it up at $59.99 at the local one here in san diego?

[quote name='romodome']$59.99 IN the San Diego Hollywood Video new, said used is $4.99.

I wonder if he lied, does it even sell for 59.99?[/QUOTE]

It was stickered at $49.99 at our GameCrazy.

Also, I did go back there a couple of hours later and the dude said the game finally dropped to $5, so I'm happy. Thanks, Scorch!

[quote name='Nealocus123']What commands would you recommend using to increase frame rate? Also, do they make it so you can't earn achievements?[/quote]
You can get achievements still, the list is on xbox360achievements.org's two worlds forum.

I'd also be interested in a new, sealed copy (CE preferred but normal works as well). No GC in my area. Can paypal cost + shipping. Would be much appreciated if someone managed to snag an extra copy or two :) Send me a PM if you happen to have one

My local GC had both the regular and CE edition. Tried to purchase the CE, but it rang up as marked ($59.99). I asked about the regular edition and the guy behind the counter rolled his eyes. "This one'll ring up as the marked price as well". He scanned it. "Forty-nine ni... Huh. This one says only $4.99."

I bought the regular edition.

My first thought was that he might have wanted the CE for himself, but then he didn't appear as shocked when he rang up the CE edition as he did when he rang up the regular edition... Who knows?

Just checked ~ CE is still $4.99. *shrug* It's definitely not YMMV as others have found it, and the regular version is $4.99 in some places. GC's can't close at night without getting the latest update.. so I'm not sure.

[quote name='laxtastic28']Just picked up a CE at the Palatine, IL store - they had at least 2 others left if anyone's local[/QUOTE]

Darn, they sold the last copy. Argh.

[quote name='rlb543']I've got your back retro.

The one in rocky mount is connected to the hollywood video on 301, right next to golden corral and across the street from lonestar. I'm not sure about any other locations around here.[/quote]

Thanks man, I hit this Gamecrazy up this morning and picked it up for $4.99. They still had one copy left in Rocky Mount, NC when I left around 11 AM this morning. The sign in the store says $49.99 but it rings up the right price.

Like most others the clerk was very surprised when the price came up.

found a used ce at the closest gc. picked it up with mvp for less than $5. box has shelf wear, but everything is included so im happy. i have 3 more gc stores by me so i may check them out to see if i could get some sealed ones for cags that didn't get in on this.

just for those of you that dont know. you can have your gamecrazy check the inventory of the others that are around you. they did that for me when I was searching for a copy of Tales of Legendia (sealed) and a SF IV Fightstick and I snagged both thanks to them being able to do so! :)

[quote name='retromufc']Thanks man, I hit this Gamecrazy up this morning and picked it up for $4.99. They still had one copy left in Rocky Mount, NC when I left around 11 AM this morning. The sign in the store says $49.99 but it rings up the right price.

Like most others the clerk was very surprised when the price came up.[/quote]

Glad I could be of help, I'm going to go see about that last copy after my class in the morning.

bread's done
Back