Two Worlds Collector's Edition 19.51 + FSSS

I got this collector's edition used at a Gamestop for like $4. It was in mint condition. I think I found perfect copy of the Oblivion CE used at the same GS. Twas a happy day.

I love cheap CEs as much as the next CAG but two things are stopping me from taking the plunge on this:

1) I already have a regular copy of this game
and
2) It sucks, so what's the point? :(

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I got this collector's edition used at a Gamestop for like $4. It was in mint condition. I think I found perfect copy of the Oblivion CE used at the same GS. Twas a happy day.[/QUOTE]

How did you feel when you actually popped the game in to play?

I bought it day 1 when it first came out, and it was a horrible/broken game. I unloaded it as fast as I could. I think even this price is too much.

yeah, I stalked this CE down at a Microcenter for months until it dropped to $12 something. Shrink-wrap already pretty tattered and coming off, I decided to open it and put it in. I figured what could it hurt? It was horrible! Sh*t looked like it was made for the PSX..

If you actually ignore how bad the game is and force yourself to keep playing - it actually ends up being not that horrible. Not good, just not that horrible.

Meh, haters can hate but I actually got a lot of enjoyment out of the game. It's flawed as hell, sure, but it's still fun.

[quote name='Camwi']Meh, haters can hate but I actually got a lot of enjoyment out of the game. It's flawed as hell, sure, but it's still fun.[/QUOTE]
I actually loved this game also. Sure it had flaws and the horse riding was a complete joke. I really loved all the loot collecting, man there was a ton of it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I actually loved this game also. Sure it had flaws and the horse riding was a complete joke. I really loved all the loot collecting, man there was a ton of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm right with you. I actually finished it. I really like stacking weapons to upgrade them, the variety of weapons and armor and the flexibility to basically create your class. The horse riding was bad, but was patched to make it functional. Plus, skeletal and lizard horses are pretty sweet.

I'll sell my collector's edition for $12 shipped if anybody wants it. :)

I liked the game pretty well despite its flaws, but it's been ages since I played it.

I enjoyed this game once I was able to ignore the bad voice acting. Came close to getting 1000/1000 even but couldn't bring myself to hunt down all the "location" achievements.

I'll be picking up the 2nd one once its on the cheap.

The developer fortunately realized the first was bad (can't speak from personal experience because I own the game but haven't played it) and are doing a lot to make sure the second isn't a complete so-called shitstorm.

Two Worlds was ugly and unimpressive but it was absolutely not "broken." People who judge a game based on production values instead of gameplay are annoying. Plus I think it suffers doubly because everyone wants to immediately and unfairly compare it to Oblivion. Two Worlds II could quite possibly be tremendous if they really do fix what was wrong with the first one. Frankly I'd buy it even if they didn't, there's not enough looting on Xbox.

Edit: Horses were broken. But the teleportation stones were just downright convenient.

I have played TW2 and it is fantastic. Not quite as open-ended as the first - you can free roam, but the story dictates how far - and the UI needs some work, but it is better in every other conceivable way and is a beautiful, beautiful game. Combat is a lot more fun too. I love it. 180 from the original.

It's a bit cliche but it's true, you only have so long to live. Wouldn't you rather be playing something good with that valuable time instead of squandering it on this pile of flaming dog shit? Seriously, why spend on second of your time with this game?

[quote name='typical guy']It's a bit cliche but it's true, you only have so long to live. Wouldn't you rather be playing something good with that valuable time instead of squandering it on this pile of flaming dog shit? Seriously, why spend on second of your time with this game?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you rather do something productive with your time if it's so precious? Fun or not, it doesn't matter once you're dead. Cure a disease though...

[quote name='elessar123']Wouldn't you rather do something productive with your time if it's so precious? Fun or not, it doesn't matter once you're dead. Cure a disease though...[/QUOTE]

That statement makes no sense. Either you're implying your time and life is unimportant or you are implying that people should not have leisure time. Lets say a person has 5 hours of leisure time a week to play games, why would that person spend any of that VALUABLE time playing Two Worlds?

[quote name='typical guy']That statement makes no sense. Either you're implying your time and life is unimportant or you are implying that people should not have leisure time. Lets say a person has 5 hours of leisure time a week to play games, why would that person spend any of that VALUABLE time playing Two Worlds?[/QUOTE]

It's been stated multiple times in this thread that people had fun with the game. You hate the game, we get it. Now quit being a video game nazi and go spend your VALUABLE time playing a game you enjoy.

bread's done
Back