Two Worlds II $14.99, Castlevania (PS3) $17.99 - GameFly Used Game Deals

In for Castlvania! Been waiting for this under $20. THANKS CHEAPY!

I hated Two Worlds. The control setup was impossible for me to get used to, it was boring, the map confused me, and it all felt like a chore.

Hot damn. Just may be in for Castlevania. I have a $5 off coupon I've been meaning to use. That makes it $11 and change. :D

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions is the same price as well.

[quote name='Kenshindono']damn, thought this was new at first glance. I never buy used games[/QUOTE]

Gamefly's used games generally come in excellent condition with damn near mint cases and manuals.

'Bout freakin time on Castlevania... Game has been out forever, didn't get stellar reviews, and for seemingly no reason was just stuck in the $30 range.

[quote name='leshrac55']'Bout freakin time on Castlevania... Game has been out forever, didn't get stellar reviews, and for seemingly no reason was just stuck in the $30 range.[/QUOTE]

What? Everyone gave this good reviews. It wasn't game of the year, but it was rated high and favorably. Great story, music, gameplay and graphics. DLC is skippable though.

Castlevania is a nobrainer at that price.

Two Worlds 2....eh.

I own both already so it doesn't do me any good, but I thought I'd chime in about Two Worlds 2. I got that for $12 at gohastings and I feel that price just barely makes it worth it. Maybe the story will get awesome later or something, but for now it's just OK, and the game mechanics are worse. Pretty sloppy game all around.

Caved on Castlevania. Price has been stubborn it's almost a year old and still $50 at my Target's.

Thanks Cheapy. Glad to see GF doing some used deals they have been quiet this year up till now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leshrac55']'Bout freakin time on Castlevania... Game has been out forever, didn't get stellar reviews, and for seemingly no reason was just stuck in the $30 range.[/QUOTE]

I honestly wonder why people post things like this...is it trolling, parroting what others have said, or what? You can't possibly read this:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow

and claim it didn't get great reviews. Anyway, I've been stuck about halfway through the game for months. I find the combat to be challenging in a sometimes-frustrating way.

castlevania is a good not great game. But if you play through it you will have fun for first 75% of the game some boss battles can get frustrating like the SOTY like bosses. but towards the end last 25% is all puzzles and i mean every room you will enter it will be puzzles and some puzzles are multi tasking so it will take you 10-25 minutes sometimes to clear those room

I felt like the devs were adding these to add play time. One puzzles in the end will get so frustrating when you have to jump across a electric wires and you will get lucky if you keep trying but keep trying lol and the 2nd to last boss the flying eagle or whatever is the most fun boss ever

its a must buy at that price but there are some minor issues with the game sometimes the game will not tell you where it wants you to go next in platforming sections and you will fall toy your death quite a few times

but ending is amazing try to beat the game for its ending its that good

Been waiting for Two Worlds II to drop and that seems like a decent price, maybe I'll pick it up. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='Tsel']Gamefly's used games generally come in excellent condition with damn near mint cases and manuals.[/QUOTE]

They do resurface the discs sometimes, since they are ex-rentals. I've never had a problem with one not working though.

And Kenshindono, is it truly possible to be a CAG if one refuses to buy used games?

I rented Two Worlds 2 from Gamefly on a whim and was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Yeah, there are some bugs, but nothing game breaking that hindered me from having a good time with it (and grabbing all of the achievements). The game has a quirky sense of humor and some very interesting/bizarre quests that are quite memorable.

I just picked up a copy with this sale so that I can play the upcoming DLC. If anyone is on the fence, this is a great price to give TW2 a try.

Oh fuck. I haven't used GameFly since college and now my copy of Two Worlds II is going to my freaking dorm room. Anyone know how to change an address while the order is still "In Process"? I contacted customer support via email but I would really like to make sure that some random Penn State student doesn't get a copy of the game on me.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']Oh fuck. I haven't used GameFly since college and now my copy of Two Worlds II is going to my freaking dorm room. Anyone know how to change an address while the order is still "In Process"? I contacted customer support via email but I would really like to make sure that some random Penn State student doesn't get a copy of the game on me.[/QUOTE]

You might want to get on the phone man.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']You might want to get on the phone man.[/QUOTE]

Gave them a call. Their phones lines don't open until noon Central.

I can't recommend Castlevania enough. So much fun! But if you don't like to be frustrated, play it on easy. It is still a challenge, but its a lot less frustrating. Not sure about Two Worlds though...

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I honestly wonder why people post things like this...is it trolling, parroting what others have said, or what? You can't possibly read this:

and claim it didn't get great reviews. Anyway, I've been stuck about halfway through the game for months. I find the combat to be challenging in a sometimes-frustrating way.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some people just read select reviews from some of the big names in the review business. Not saying they are right but the game wasn't universally that well reviewed. For example Gamespot and IGN both only gave it a 7.5 listing some annoying flaws in the game.

I was in the same mind that the game didn't review terrible well too since all my friends that had it said it wasn't anything special on top of the sites I read game reviews on giving it between 75% and 80%. So I have also been waiting for a drop quickly.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Really want castlevania at that price. I'll have to sleep on it. Thanks Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

Wait till its 10, thats all its worth.

Essentially its 40% god of war and 60% dantes inferno only less compelling, entertaining and fun.

I played it from start to finish and in no way at any point through the entire game did it even remind me one time I was playing a castlevania game. If you gave me the game sans case or title screen Id never have guessed it was castlevania. To make matters worse the music was forgetable and did not have that unique style or flair that the other castlevania games had. The whole game is just a checklist of 3d action gameplay features and nothing else.

Dammit! Too many deals, so little time!

I just got Arcania: Gothica 4 from a trade, going through Oblivion again and Risen is sitting there begging to be finished. I don't know if I can add another fantasy RPG on top of everything....or can I...

i got the CE of castlevania for 29 at best buy, can't say that it does much for me, I have played maybe 4 hours and I don't like it much. maybe it gets better but it just feels totally generic and not like castlevania to me. I am probably just an old grumpy guy but I prefer the side scrolling DS versions a lot more than it but for 15 bucks I would say at least try it

I've been waiting for Two Worlds II to drop but now that a new velvet edition is coming in October, I don't know what to do....

[quote name='gargus']Wait till its 10, thats all its worth.

Essentially its 40% god of war and 60% dantes inferno only less compelling, entertaining and fun.

I played it from start to finish and in no way at any point through the entire game did it even remind me one time I was playing a castlevania game. If you gave me the game sans case or title screen Id never have guessed it was castlevania. To make matters worse the music was forgetable and did not have that unique style or flair that the other castlevania games had. The whole game is just a checklist of 3d action gameplay features and nothing else.[/QUOTE]
less fun than Dante's Inferno? That's a deal breaker for me, I'll wait for it to be $10.

I thought Castlvania was great, not sure what others were expecting, but it seems they wanted the old school games. Those are great to, but this game was good in its own right.

[quote name='CheapyD']The following games are available used, but complete from GameFly. Offers good while supplies last or until tomorrow night at 5pm PST. There should be more deals to follow.

:360: Two Worlds II $14.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $14.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $17.99[/QUOTE]

Thank you Head Cheap Ass... been waiting on this Castlevania Deal!!!!!!!! Oh.. how long I've waited!

[quote name='Kezmer']i got the CE of castlevania for 29 at best buy, can't say that it does much for me, I have played maybe 4 hours and I don't like it much. maybe it gets better but it just feels totally generic and not like castlevania to me. I am probably just an old grumpy guy but I prefer the side scrolling DS versions a lot more than it but for 15 bucks I would say at least try it[/QUOTE]

If you were not impressed by the first 4 hours, it is not going to improve any for you. I was in the same boat you are in, but I pushed through the game so that I could trade it in and get most of my money back (I do not like getting rid of a game unless I finish it).

Gameplay wise, the game is decent, but I enjoyed God of War, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and Devil May Cry a lot more than Castlevania. As much as I tried to like the story, it just did not do anything for me. I kept hoping the story would get better, but it actually gets worse. Unlike showtimefolks, I did not like the ending, and it definitely was not worth all of the hours I put into this game. To be fair though, it is not like the stories in God of War, Ninja Gaiden, and Devil May Cry are that great either. I rather enjoyed Bayonetta's story though (even though I know most people did not).

The music really made up for everything else in the game though IMO. I really enjoyed the music and background sounds, which is one of the main reasons I hauled through the game.

[quote name='gargus']Wait till its 10, thats all its worth.

I played it from start to finish and in no way at any point through the entire game did it even remind me one time I was playing a castlevania game. If you gave me the game sans case or title screen Id never have guessed it was castlevania. To make matters worse the music was forgetable and did not have that unique style or flair that the other castlevania games had. The whole game is just a checklist of 3d action gameplay features and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

The music is forgettable? Hardly. It's probably one of the best scores from last year. The graphics are breath taking as well.

As for the gameplay, it's a button mashing action game. You can play it like all the others and mash your way through it or learn the combos and excell. I mashed my way and enjoyed it just as much as God of War or other action titles.

I don't know why you would say it's nothing like a Castlevania game. It has selectable levels that you can repeat for bonuses like Rondo of Blood and Order of Ecclesia, a lead character named Belmont and plenty of references to the previous Castlevania mythos.

I bough it at $60 and loved every minute of the game.

If you're on the fence then go try the demo.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I honestly wonder why people post things like this...is it trolling, parroting what others have said, or what? You can't possibly read this:

and claim it didn't get great reviews. Anyway, I've been stuck about halfway through the game for months. I find the combat to be challenging in a sometimes-frustrating way.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I don't see how this is trolling... It received 85 on metacritic and 83 on Gamerankings for PS3 (83% and 81% respectively for 360), which I wouldn't define as "stellar", which is the exact wording I used.

Additionally, based on the actual text of the reviews it was clear that the game had problems... which it seems a lot of people on here agree with. I'm not sure if that means it got over-scored or what, but based on the text of the reviews I was convinced to wait on a "clearance" like price for it.

In any case, given how long ago it came out and how fast other (often superior) games dropped in price, I was just expecting it to hit under $20 a long time ago... It didn't, now it did.. and I bought it... No harm done. =)

I rented Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and it was like a less exciting version of of God of war. The game is long, which is a good thing if you like the game.

I bought LoS w/ $5 coupon came out as $14 total.
Then i did the survey that appears once you have finished checking the item out, it says i can win $100 in merchandise.
So after the survey i did win "$100 worth of merchandise"... but it is all MAGAZINES and most have $2 fee.

[quote name='Ozonekill']I rented Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and it was like a less exciting version of of God of war. The game is long, which is a good thing if you like the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I really thought I would enjoy the game, as I am a huge fan of the genre and GoW. It started out great but after 5 hours I just couldn't play it anymore. Very repetitive and not rewarding enough IMO.

Well I think I am going to pass on Castlevania. I definitely want it, but I just don't think now is the best time. Maybe I can score it for $10 on black friday or something.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']What kinda CAG doesn't buy used games?[/QUOTE]

an OCD one that cares about GH's red labels and conditions on them of course

[quote name='CaoPi']an OCD one that cares about GH's red labels and conditions on them of course[/QUOTE]

That describes half the people on this site lol.I could really care less that my FFXII CE is in mint condition. I just care that the game works.

I was impressed by the Demo.. which is why I decided to bite at this price. I liked the demo, but it felt like a 20 dollar game and that's about how much I bought it for. I hope I wasn't wrong and this was really a 10 dollar game...

That's sweet we get to see the new deals before these deals are dead. I was thinking maybe I would get castlevania if there was nothing later I wanted. Well there is nothing I want with the new deals and I think I am still going to wait on Castlevania.

Some good deals for today, but I have/beat all of them.

bread's done
Back