type final 19.99 at fryes, ad in todays LA Times.

Wow...too bad the closest one is a few hundred miles away from me. Oh well. Only $10...which is a lot, but whatever; I'd pay $50 for any R-Type.

Is that ad listing deals that start today? Or is it a prelude to a sale this weekend, etc? If it's good now, I'm on my way at lunch! Hope the San Diego Fry's has it...

Just called my local Fry's and they said it will be in stock tommorrow (Thursday) and on sale for $19.99. Yay.

[quote name='HYDE']Just called my local Fry's and they said it will be in stock tommorrow (Thursday) and on sale for $19.99. Yay.[/quote]

Thanks dude for info. Much appreciated.

dude SCORE!!! i give you major kudos, off to Fry's I go ^_^ youve saved me 10 bucks, i was just off to go get R-type

I picked it up today,and played it for about 45 mins and I am hooked. Pick it up especially for $19.99.

tenzor - was this at Fry's? Everytime I call to get "when" tommorrow (Thursday) they will supposedly stock it, I get a different answer (not here, not showing, not stocked, in tommorrow, etc) and at this point, I wonder if it could be in stock now...

No i didn't get it at Frys HYDE, I price matched it at my work...but the Frys AD says "WIll be in stores by Thurs 4PM" so Frys didn't get it today. However it should be there tomorrow. By the way the shopping site for Frys is www.outpost.com, but R-Type is listed for $29.99 there.

tenzor: Thanks. Never realized Outpost was Fry's.

Looks like I'll be callin' in the morning and stoppin' by at lunch. One hell of a deal. BTW, where would I get the print ad? Does it run in things other than the paper? Does Fry's carry their own circular at the store? I'll price match it if I can't get it at Fry's.

Hyde:
Trust me you will get it if you show up tomorrow, they have massive stock on games at frys and they usually never sell out. They have ad's usually posted at the store front but they are usually not for taking, just for looking.

$19.99 for so.cal and texas frys but 24.99 for northern cali frys, oh yeah its a two day sale ends 2/5/04.

frys tip: you can usually get a newly released game at frys for around $10 cheaper on the first couple days of the games release.

i remember seeing FFX-2, Vice CIty, Manhunt, and XIII for 39.99 on their respective release dates.

Just a heads up: It's still not stocked at Fry's in San Diego. They're showing that it should be there before 6 with the prime time for arrival at between 2-4pm today. If the sale does indeed end today as I've read, that's kind of lame to put it on the shelves hours before closing.

[quote name='fifthcore']Thanks for the deal, I was at the Burbank one today and did not see the game yet[/quote]

What time did you go? i went to the burbank store at 4:30pm today and they had them out... the thing is that they didnt put it out on the rack at the time. they were sitting in an open box on top of the ps1 games. they didnt have the security cases on them yet. i almost missed it. good hunting...

Anyone know if Best Buy is stocking this? I want to use a GGC on it but R-type isn't listed on their website, so I'm wondering if they intend to stock it in-store or not.

[quote name='JCDenton']Anyone know if Best Buy is stocking this? I want to use a GGC on it but R-type isn't listed on their website, so I'm wondering if they intend to stock it in-store or not.[/quote]

No, JC, they don't appear to be. I can't find it at their website and a guy working in the game department couldn't pull it off the store's inventory system either, and it should definitely have already been there if they were gonna carry it.

I guess it's too obscure or small market item for them, probably think the shelf space is better spent on more copies of Big Mother Truckers or something :roll:

bread's done
Back