Tyson Gay career over

"I don't have a sabotage story... I basically put my trust in someone and was let down," said Gay, 30. So for those who aren't let down are the ones breaking the records and not getting caught by whatever drug they're taking. confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, it probably is. I think the Olympic committee needs to take a better look at removing some supplements from the banned list, or effectively make everything banned outside of protein shakes. I do think there is a legitimate complaint that substances in normal medication and OTC supplements make it complicated and confusing, but many more cheated openly, admittedly, and blatantly.

Watching that Ben Johnson documentary on ESPN, it reminded me of what a slimy, disgusting human being Carl Lewis is. He cheated his ass off, then his camp had Johnson set up to crash. Lewis just giggles and claims innocence the whole time. Real wretch of a man, as is his coach.

Carl Lewis is a bit like Lance Armstrong or was, most people know he doped, and despite the medals, they're tainted.

Usain Bolt is an interesting one.  He works with a known drug abuser which raises suspicion more than just his fast times.  If it came out that Usain Bolt is on PED i think 100m would be in trouble as a competition, it'd possibly damage it in such a way it'd never be that main event anymore.  I like Bolt though so i hope not.

steroids.png

Nah, that is simply one possibility. But not likely.

So far this is Gay’s first test and in all likelihood it is for a supplement that contains a banned stimulants.  If that is the case, he would most likely get a 3-6 month ban and some results vacated.  There was a recent case where a Swimmer was taking a supplement and it was tainted with a banned item (for real, it was proven in court). Gay is a client of a company that uses this supplement.  Not to makes excuses but it could happen.  It is unlikely that any of us would pass a WADA drug test with the stuff we take over the counter but we aren’t pro athletes either.  So far ( even with his quote) he is saying and doing the right things. HE voluntarily took himself off the US team going to worlds.

However, if it comes out that he was intentionally doping, he is done.  The thing is , the stuff people are getting positives for (stimulants) are pretty minimal in terms of effect compared to the hard stuff people like Ben Johnson and Carl Lewis used back in the day.

The guy who took 2nd in the USA 100m championships Justin Gatlin, served a 2 year suspension and his career is as good as ever.

[SIZE=11pt]As for Bolt, the guy is just a freak of nature. Casual track fans don’t realize that Bolt has been great for a very long time and ran some amazing time when he was a kid. In fact,  when he was 16 (2003) his best time in the 200m, would’ve placed pretty high or even one the NCAA championship a lot of years.... think about that.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I played Division 1 football in College and was drug tested by the NCAA at least three times that I can remember. In addition the University drug tested us randomly and depending on what we tested positive for we would face in-house sanctions.

The NCAA claimed they tested us randomly but coincidentally they would always ask the athletic training department for statistic sheets (height/weight) on each athlete across all sports and they always seemed to test athletes that had the biggest gains or losses in weight.

I started my college career before the federal ban on pro hormones (~ 2004)... or at least while they were still being sold by GNC. I know "PED" and "STEROIDS" are blanket terms but some people truly don't understand that many of the things professional athletes and Olympians test positive for can be bought legally, today, at places like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe AND not all supplements list all the active ingredients. The supplement that Mark MCGwire famously used "Androstenedione" or "Andro" was a popular pro-hormone that could be bought in pill form at GNC up through the early 2000's and wasn't even banned in most major sports until around 2000.

During my last year of eligibility there was a big scare because a ingredient in the protein powder Muscle Milk was on the NCAA banned list and Muscle Milk didn't disclose that it contained that particular ingredient.

I guess most professional athletes make enough money where they should be able to afford a nutritionist that does the research for them in regards to what they can and can't take but joe blow sports fan most likely doesn't know the difference between amino acids, pro hormones, creatine, and steroids and I can tell you there is a huge difference between someone shooting up a testosterone derivative or HGH and someone trying to supplement for recovery, strength, endurance reasons and accidentally ingesting a banned substance.

bread's done
Back