Ubisoft Online Store Sales - 11/24 to 11/29 - Today: Spinter Cell:Conviction, Hawx2

I rather enjoyed the first one, minus the repetitive mission structure that seemed to drag on; otherwise if the 2nd one is like the first, $20 is a good price point for it

[quote name='Railbird13']I rather enjoyed the first one, minus the repetitive mission structure that seemed to drag on; otherwise if the 2nd one is like the first, $20 is a good price point for it[/QUOTE]

Is it true you cant choose what you want to fly anymore in singleplayer?

[quote name='Railbird13']I rather enjoyed the first one, minus the repetitive mission structure that seemed to drag on; otherwise if the 2nd one is like the first, $20 is a good price point for it[/QUOTE]

Hawx 2 is very, very bland compared to the original. Almost all of the fun was sucked out of it.

It does have some cool missions (took the AC-130-type mission out of COD4), as well as a couple UAV missions.

Most of the time you'll be absolutely frustrated (even on the easiest difficulties) by the seemingly infinite amount of flares that some enemies have, as well as that you'll CONSTANTLY BE DOING TIGHT TURNS, ALL THE TIME, to avoid missiles. This was a major downer for me, and I wasn't able to finish the campaign before getting sick of going around in circles just to hope for a lock-on.

The MP is more like Call of Duty, where you level up and unlock planes and passive/support abilities for multiplayer use. It's pretty unimaginative, and it also gives higher level players massive bonuses over lower level players. It does allow you to unlock what planes you want, sooner, though.

You are limited to the SP mission's choice of a single plane until you beat it. If you beat it, you can return to it using planes that have similar loadouts, but nothing else. It's very limited compared to HAWX 1.

I got it for $20 a couple weeks ago at GameStop, and I still think $20 is a little much. They just wrecked the fun by the amount of missiles you're constantly having to dodge. Some missions often have you juggling dodging missiles, protecting stupid AI team mates, and switching to a UAV to target ground enemies (who are destroying said fellow AI team mates). :bomb:

bread's done
Back