Udon To Publish Persona 3 And Persona 4 Official Art Books -$26.XX each at amazon

[quote name='Kenshindono']Im assuming these are something other than the artbooks that came with the games at release? I already have those.[/QUOTE]

Well they would be in English

Thanks. I pre-ordered both. Not sure if I'll keep the order, but at least this way I'll be locked into a cheap price.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Im assuming these are something other than the artbooks that came with the games at release? I already have those.[/QUOTE]
I assume you're talking about the pre-order bonuses. Obviously, they aren't the same. Those were like 20-30 pages, these will be a couple hundred pages.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does Udon make quality books? I noticed they make some of the Capcom artbooks and Capcom sells those for like $40 - $60.[/QUOTE]

I have several udon books, like the Darkstalkers ones, and Valkyria chronicles. They are very nice quality, definitely recommended if your a fan of the series its for

@ my original post, ya i actually meant the art books that came with the pre orders.. theyre not only like 20-30 pages, theyre more like 100. At least the persona 4 one was. But it looks like these were the Japanese full ones that are translated into english right?

Thanks OP, grabbing both.

Kenshin, here's a picture of the Persona 4 artbook vs. two of Udon's artbooks. http://i.imgur.com/vbm5p.jpg (kind of big so will need resizing)

The Persona 4 book has 100 pages and the Ar Tonelico book has 200. But the Ar Tonelico book is much bigger and the pages are of definite higher quality. The Valkyria Chronicles book is an absolute monster.

Udon's books are well worth the price.

Eh, I don't know if should... they're releasing two separate books but the games have the same exact art style. Seems it should be one book.

[quote name='Serpentor']Not hardcover :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Udon sells hardcover versions of some of their artbooks... the prices are a bit on the high side though, usually starting at $80.

[quote name='Vinny']Eh, I don't know if should... they're releasing two separate books but the games have the same exact art style. Seems it should be one book.
[/QUOTE]

It's not like Udon got the images and is putting together the books themselves. They're just localizing what's already available in Japan.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Looks like March 13 for P3 and May 8 for P4 (according to the Amazon page).[/QUOTE] That sucks!!

[quote name='nata_trejo']That sucks!![/QUOTE]

It's not set in stone. The Ar Tonelico book shipped well before Amazon's estimated release date.

Nice! I already have the Japanese releases, but I'd like to understand what's written, and now, here's my opportunity!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Thanks OP, grabbing both.

Kenshin, here's a picture of the Persona 4 artbook vs. two of Udon's artbooks. http://i.imgur.com/vbm5p.jpg (kind of big so will need resizing)

The Persona 4 book has 100 pages and the Ar Tonelico book has 200. But the Ar Tonelico book is much bigger and the pages are of definite higher quality. The Valkyria Chronicles book is an absolute monster.

Udon's books are well worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Ya i have all those books pictured there =P Isn't the ar tonelico one the one with the cool angel feather cover? I like that and the VC book. Though actually, I havent flipped through my VC book yet. I"ll have to do that.

I just wanted to make sure this book wasn't the same persona 4 book you have pictured there... thats the one i have and its just the pre order bonus right? Totally different from this one?

[quote name='Doomstink']Save your money and buy a superior Persona art book: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2142859 :drool:[/QUOTE]

w..what the fuck is that thing? lol

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It's not like Udon got the images and is putting together the books themselves. They're just localizing what's already available in Japan.[/QUOTE]

I understand that but it's not like they're buying the Japanese ones, whiting out the text and writing over them with English. They'll be printing the books themselves, meaning they'll also handle the actual design (or.. translation)... so why not just combine the two into one massive, hardcover book? You know it'll sell either way but the games have been out for so long that I just can't see the need for having two separate books.

[quote name='Vinny']I understand that but it's not like they're buying the Japanese ones, whiting out the text and writing over them with English. They'll be printing the books themselves, meaning they'll also handle the actual design (or.. translation)... so why not just combine the two into one massive, hardcover book? You know it'll sell either way but the games have been out for so long that I just can't see the need for having two separate books.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather they have separate books. It is much more aesthetically pleasing to me, and that's basically what this argument is all about. Besides, there wouldn't be consistent sizing when the massive Persona book stands next to the Shigenori Soejima book that they're also releasing, which heavily relates to the topic at hand since he was the art designer for both P3 and 4. A bigger book is also more susceptible to spinal damage of its binding (if it's softcover).

[quote name='Kenshindono']Ya i have all those books pictured there =P Isn't the ar tonelico one the one with the cool angel feather cover? I like that and the VC book. Though actually, I havent flipped through my VC book yet. I"ll have to do that.

I just wanted to make sure this book wasn't the same persona 4 book you have pictured there... thats the one i have and its just the pre order bonus right? Totally different from this one?

[/QUOTE]

This one has 192 pages. I am sure the preorder one is less than that.

I had no idea UDON was bringing over these artbooks

Thanks for the heads up OP, preordered both of them.

Praying they sell well, and UDON brings over Kaneko Works III

bread's done
Back