uDraw GameTablet with uDraw Studio Instant Artist $29.99 w/FS at gamestop (360/PS3)

Keep in mind that the company laid off a large portion of the developers in the department that created the tablet. This was due to poor sales. Hence, this will be a nice pet rock, once you're done with the one or two games that they got to create before being fired.

[quote name='dragonjud']Keep in mind that the company laid off a large portion of the developers in the department that created the tablet. This was due to poor sales. Hence, this will be a nice pet rock, once you're done with the one or two games that they got to create before being fired.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I heard about that. I completely forgot. I guess I won't be buying this ever then since the games my kids would be interested in (disney princes, sponge bob, etc) are only available on the Wii version. That one I believe sold better though so it may continue to have games released for it.

[quote name='skin21rip']Almost picked it up for buy 2 get 1 at best buy want more games tho had there only the 3 launch games so far[/QUOTE]

I got it also from BB during the B2G1 and also included the Disneyland deal for $19.99 and got Super Mario 3D land for free. Might still buy this for a Christmas gift.

Ya, if you are buying this for your kids the wii version is vastly superior because of the game selection. Marvel is the only kids game available for xbox/ps3. The wii one has Disney princesses, sponge bob, Kung fu panda, penguins of Madagascar, and I think a few more. The software that comes with the tablet is not very fun for a small child.

Amazon has the sponge bob wii udraw bundle for 49.99, or of you can find the Disney princess bundle(I got it at Costco for 53) target.com has the sponge bob game for 12.99. (making the tablet with both games 65, a pretty good deal since the games msrp are 29.99)

Grabbed a PS3 version. Hopefully the rest of the kids titles will be ported to 360/PS3 eventually

We can only hope they show up as arcade/psn titles. Still a nifty toy and the price is starting to dip into "nifty toy impulse buy" territory. At least they made it wireless (well 360 is anyways, haven't even looked at the other ones).

My son at 4 obviously loves the Marvel game, but he isn't good enough at using the tablet yet. But he seems to do great with an android touchscreen tablet, since he has basically taken over my Dell Streak 7 since it is loaded with apps from the android sale/amazon app of the day. Honeycomb seems a lot easier for the little kids to use.

I wonder if there are any PC drivers for this thing yet. Anyone know if it has a USB receiver or if it syncs directly to the 360?

Damn. I wonder if the PS3 is bluetooth...?

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if they had the princess and spongebob games like they do for the Wii, though.

Crap, I bought this for $50 from Amazon a few weeks ago (and sold my old Wii one). I guess I could return that and buy the one from GameStop.

Is this price in store too? I don't want to risk GS not getting it here by the end of the week. I am heading out to GS anyway so I'll check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes, just to follow up it is this price in store. I got one today. So now I guess I can return my $50 Amazon copy.

For $30 I think this is a great deal even if they never make any more games for the 360/PS3 versions. You get the drawing studio game and you can pick up Pictionary and the Marvel game. Pictionary I had on the Wii uDraw last year and we had some fun playing that. I sold it along with the Wii uDraw when I bought the PS3 one from Amazon. The Marvel game isn't something I would have considered nornally, but it got pretty good reviews. So, really, that's enough for the kids right now and if nothing else ever comes out, well, no big deal. At $79.99 it would be a hard sell, but at $29.99 I think it is a no brainer.

I went to my Gamestop today around 3:00 and they had half a dozen for each system still on the shelf. I couldn't resist and picked up the PS3 version.

They also had a bunch of clearance stuff in the middle of the store. Stuff that has been gone for a few weeks like the $40 Rockband keyboards for xbox and ps3 and a lot of other boxed bundles of random stuff. I looked at every store in Southeast Michigan for keyboards when they went on clearance last month and couldn't find them anywhere. Guess I got lucky.

[quote name='io']
For $30 I think this is a great deal even if they never make any more games for the 360/PS3 versions. You get the drawing studio game and you can pick up Pictionary and the Marvel game. Pictionary I had on the Wii uDraw last year and we had some fun playing that. I sold it along with the Wii uDraw when I bought the PS3 one from Amazon. The Marvel game isn't something I would have considered nornally, but it got pretty good reviews. So, really, that's enough for the kids right now and if nothing else ever comes out, well, no big deal. At $79.99 it would be a hard sell, but at $29.99 I think it is a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

I agree! The tablet itself is well-designed, and thankfully wireless. The art program it comes with is pretty good, and Pictionary is just a ton of fun. Still need to get Marvel though.

If the 360/PS3 uDraw tanked, I blame it mostly on THQ's marketing, or the lack thereof. They didn't send out many (if any) review copies, stiffing Co-Optimus and even IGN. If you don't get the word out on a costly product, of course nobody's going to rush out and buy it.

bread's done
Back