UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida Free for XBOX LIVE(BETA APP USERS ONLY)

Jay

CAG Ultra Noob
If you go in the ufc app on live you can order the ppv in sd or hd for free,the pay per view retails for about 50 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshtx']ugh...saw the title edit but still had to come on here to vent that this really sucks for us regular folk. Tossing us this one for free would have made me feel slot more inclined to buy 141 at home, but as it is i'll be taking my ass to buffalo wild wings again to pay the 5 dollar cover and eat some greasy chicken.[/quote]

watch ufc

eat atomic wings

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Well people tend to get pissed off when they're given bad information, I'm sure you can agree with that.[/QUOTE]

"bad information" lol don't make me laugh, i got the ppv for free and others did as well that is far from bad formation.I was nice enough to edit the title but i still see some are still whiny and mad.

I can't order it despite it being free because I'm a part of a Family gold pack. Is there any way for me to get around this?

[quote name='Jay']Sorry that wasn't my intentions.[/QUOTE]

No problem man. Sometimes us fight fans after spending hundreds of dollars a year on fights get really excited when we get something good for free for a change. So of course I'm kinda jealous and disappointed. It's alright though, enjoy the show brother it's gonna be a good one.

Apparently, it's a limit number of views (from the announcement on the preview site.) Purchase ASAP ($0) .. in for HD stream!

Preview is continuing until the end of year, hoping we get the FioS and HBO Go apps early as well; SyFy and DailyMotion leave much to be desired tho.

[quote name='Jay']"bad information" lol don't make me laugh, i got the ppv for free and others did as well that is far from bad formation.I was nice enough to edit the title but i still see some are still whiny and mad.[/QUOTE]

You can be a flippant asshole and take things people say the wrong way all you want. By bad information I just meant for non beta users this information wasn't useful. It wasn't a personal jab at you as you obviously didn't know that it wasn't available for non beta users at the time, you just acted like people who weren't in the beta were wrong to be upset just cause we were excited about possibly getting it for free.

I believe it was a honest mistake, it's just your attitude.

[quote name='Picaso Trigger']Apparently, it's a limit number of views (from the announcement on the preview site.) Purchase ASAP ($0) .. in for HD stream!

Preview is continuing until the end of year, hoping we get the FioS and HBO Go apps early as well; SyFy and DailyMotion leave much to be desired tho.[/QUOTE]

So you guys are getting Lesnar and Ubereem for FREE too?

dawson_crying.gif

Nice, I watched the last one for free too on here. Only froze up during one of the fight finishes. This card is a LOT better than that one was. Thanks OP for the heads up or else I would have missed this.

[quote name='musha666']Nice, I watched the last one for free too on here. Only froze up during one of the fight finishes. This card is a LOT better than that one was. Thanks OP for the heads up or else I would have missed this.[/QUOTE]
Whaaaat? Shogun vs. Hendo was EPIC, we saw a flash of the PRIDE Wandy, we saw Faber look better than he ever has and lots of the other undercard fights were amazing... Only snoozer on the whole card was the Bonnar fight.

[quote name='polyh3dron']Whaaaat? Shogun vs. Hendo was EPIC, we saw a flash of the PRIDE Wandy, we saw Faber look better than he ever has and lots of the other undercard fights were amazing... Only snoozer on the whole card was the Bonnar fight.[/QUOTE]

I didn't catch 139, but I never thought I would read Bonnar and snoozer in the same sentence. That dude usually fights like a mad man.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I didn't catch 139, but I never thought I would read Bonnar and snoozer in the same sentence. That dude usually fights like a mad man.[/QUOTE]

Yea that was a boring fight he said he was sorry at the end of that one but said he needed the win badly.

[quote name='Jay']Yea that was a boring fight he said he was sorry at the end of that one but said he needed the win badly.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. Thanks. He did need a win. Seems like he hasn't fought in forever.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh wow. Thanks. He did need a win. Seems like he hasn't fought in forever.[/QUOTE]

I guess it has been awhile, but I remember him beating some Crotaian fighter on one of the free Spike shows a few months back, and he beat krystof sosynski in a rematch before that. Unless I missed something, Bonnar has put himself on a nice little 3 fight win streak.

[quote name='JoshTX']I guess it has been awhile, but I remember him beating some Crotaian fighter on one of the free Spike shows a few months back, and he beat krystof sosynski in a rematch before that. Unless I missed something, Bonnar has put himself on a nice little 3 fight win streak.[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia seems to agree with you. Though his last fight before 139 was December 2010.

Could someone answer my question please? I can get up to the point where I can order it for $0, but it won't let me because I'm in a family plan and I'm not the primary member. I'm in a family plan with an internet friend so it's not like I can just ask my mom.

[quote name='Tsel']Could someone answer my question please? I can get up to the point where I can order it for $0, but it won't let me because I'm in a family plan and I'm not the primary member. I'm in a family plan with an internet friend so it's not like I can just ask my mom.[/QUOTE]

I am in the family plan as well, but I am the primary member. Maybe if you removed yourself temporarily to get it and then add yourself after, but then you would not be gold. I'm not sure if you have to be gold to watch it. Kinda sucks that the plan is restrictive like this, so i don't know man.

[quote name='Tsel']Could someone answer my question please? I can get up to the point where I can order it for $0, but it won't let me because I'm in a family plan and I'm not the primary member. I'm in a family plan with an internet friend so it's not like I can just ask my mom.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming everyone on the family plan is in the beta so have your friend save his gt profile to the cloud storage and u log into his profile from your xbox...

Can someone answer my question? I've searched around but haven't found a definite answer. I get up to the final screen to order it and notice that you have to input a credit card. I've always used prepaid Microsoft cards on my account and currently have one redeemed with auto renew off. I checked online and noticed you can remove credit cards but I also see this You can’t remove a credit card that is associated with an active Xbox LIVE membership.

So basically I was wondering if I could just add a card to order the fight and then remove it or would I be forced to call to have it removed since technically it would be associated with an active Xbox live membership.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']Can someone answer my question? I've searched around but haven't found a definite answer. I get up to the final screen to order it and notice that you have to input a credit card. I've always used prepaid Microsoft cards on my account and currently have one redeemed with auto renew off. I checked online and noticed you can remove credit cards but I also see this You can’t remove a credit card that is associated with an active Xbox LIVE membership.

So basically I was wondering if I could just add a card to order the fight and then remove it or would I be forced to call to have it removed since technically it would be associated with an active Xbox live membership.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if Microsoft has changed their policy at all, but my guess is that if you put your cc on their, you're gonna have a hell of a time getting it off.

[quote name='polyh3dron']Whaaaat? Shogun vs. Hendo was EPIC, we saw a flash of the PRIDE Wandy, we saw Faber look better than he ever has and lots of the other undercard fights were amazing... Only snoozer on the whole card was the Bonnar fight.[/QUOTE]

Pride era Wandy FTW!!! That Diego Brandou kid reminds me of the Pride Axe Murderer.

Shogu vs Hendo was epic...I thought it should have been a draw though.

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']I'm assuming everyone on the family plan is in the beta so have your friend save his gt profile to the cloud storage and u log into his profile from your xbox...[/QUOTE]

Nah, he wasn't in the beta. That's the problem. I guess I'll just miss this one.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']Can someone answer my question? I've searched around but haven't found a definite answer. I get up to the final screen to order it and notice that you have to input a credit card. I've always used prepaid Microsoft cards on my account and currently have one redeemed with auto renew off. I checked online and noticed you can remove credit cards but I also see this You can’t remove a credit card that is associated with an active Xbox LIVE membership.

So basically I was wondering if I could just add a card to order the fight and then remove it or would I be forced to call to have it removed since technically it would be associated with an active Xbox live membership.[/QUOTE]

I just put my paypal account last time and I easily deleted it afterwards. I assume the credit card should be equally as easy to remove too. To remove it just go to the same place you add a payment and hit remove payment option. Something like that.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']So you guys are getting Lesnar and Ubereem for FREE too?
[/QUOTE]

Not if the app releases on schedule, it's supposed to be available on 12/20.

[quote name='Ace Killer']Yup it's free, I just purchased the ppv for $0.00. I go the last one for free also.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

how do you find it, tried search but only get 139

[quote name='Picaso Trigger']Not if the app releases on schedule, it's supposed to be available on 12/20.[/QUOTE]

So, how exactly do i go about derailing the app from rolling out on schedule?:lol:

[quote name='shagino']Can't get the HD stream. Anyone else having this issue?[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem but i got hd when i turned off some apps on my pc that was using bandwith.

Sweetness!! I was able to get it. Only the SD tho. Dunno why it wouldn't give me the HD one. Prob already reached the limit on it?

I was a dashboard beta tester, tried UFC before, but can't get it to even load since the full update went up. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='bigredvan14']I was a dashboard beta tester, tried UFC before, but can't get it to even load since the full update went up. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]
Try resetting system cache in storage options. Might work

[quote name='bigredvan14']I was a dashboard beta tester, tried UFC before, but can't get it to even load since the full update went up. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I just kept trying and finally got it to load about an hour ago. Ordered it in HD.

Well, for those of us that can't watch it for free, the pre-lims are going to be shown for free on the ion channel in HD tonight.

Most don't even need cable to watch it, just an antenna.

The schedule says it's from 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. eastern time. We can watch two hours of pre-lims for free at least.

bread's done
Back