UFC Undisputed 2010 (360) - $39.99 @ Amazon

Damnit, Amazon is going crazy with these deals today..I'm tempted since I have a $10 credit but I just bought Conviction from the UbiShop...

[quote name='Young Deezy']the online is completely broken[/QUOTE]

how so? that sounds pretty crazy from a game w/ so much hype around it!

[quote name='token2k6']how so? that sounds pretty crazy from a game w/ so much hype around it![/QUOTE]

theres no hype around it just a lot of advertisement.

It was a mess last year too. Couldn't find a game without lag.

[quote name='Killbomb']It was a mess last year too. Couldn't find a game without lag.[/QUOTE]
I found plenty of games without lag, but the quitters were the worst.

ill probably bite on this sense i have 30$ credit on my account, but I hear there isnt much of a difference from 09 to 2010.

Emailed Amazon and within minutes they had added it as requested to an old open order with coupons (bringing it down to $27.99) and then I used my RDR gift card balance on it. I never played last years so picking up the new one for this cheap less than a week after release is a sweet deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since when? It was fixed as of Thursday. I've played at least 10 fights with no lag at all. The server was a little wonky last night after the PPV, but that's not terribly surprising. But it seems to be fine today.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Since when? It was fixed as of Thursday. I've played at least 10 fights with no lag at all. The server was a little wonky last night after the PPV, but that's not terribly surprising. But it seems to be fine today.[/QUOTE]

Question: In UFC 2009 the online was basically whoever can get the other on the ground first wins (because of the ability to make it so they cant roll over or get up), is 2010 the same?

The whole fight system is broken. Casual MMA fans will love it but hardcore enthusiasts/SIM players will be very unsatisfied. It's a supercharged kickboxing game at its current state because the ground game is ridiculous. Still a good buy for this price.

I hear the online is broken or at least crappy but is the single player alright? I never played online in 2009 but got bored of the career fast. I hated the CAF, rather just play as actual UFC fighters like Madden Franchise mode instead of Superstar.

[quote name='vlv723']No PS3 love...makes me want to buy an XBox 360 once again.[/QUOTE]

have a feeling most people are buying the PS3 version if they have both systems just because there are alot of exclusives the 360 won't have the PS3 version does. Man i love Blu Ray!

[quote name='Treythalomew'] I hated the CAF, rather just play as actual UFC fighters like Madden Franchise mode instead of Superstar.[/QUOTE]

This. They need to make it like FNR4's career mode where you could choose to play as an actual pro fighter or make your own fighter.

And to answer your question about single player, CAF is alright.. just a little though.
Most of the people I know who got the game this year quit CAF mode after 1 hour in due to the fact it's so hard to train your fighters and put them up against already built up UFC fighters . Without that or a career mode though, single player is a bit boring.

[quote name='OddLogik']Question: In UFC 2009 the online was basically whoever can get the other on the ground first wins (because of the ability to make it so they cant roll over or get up), is 2010 the same?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AsianChexMix']The whole fight system is broken. Casual MMA fans will love it but hardcore enthusiasts/SIM players will be very unsatisfied. It's a supercharged kickboxing game at its current state because the ground game is ridiculous. Still a good buy for this price.[/QUOTE]

It's actually not at all. Funny that you say the "casual MMA fans" are the ones this would appeal to, when it appears that you haven't figured out how to reverse a transition. I had a fight the other night that essentially resembled a BJJ match because of all the reversals we were pulling off. It was very much back and forth and ended up going to a decision.

I would advise to steer clear of CAFs when playing with randoms though. It's already been discovered how to juice your fighters again this year, which ruins the experience. The game is far better when playing with friends or at least with a group that has rules. Anybody who has any interest in playing this game online should check out the CAG league I run. Our goal is to keep things very fair and competitive.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260073

Was playing the demo with a friend just tonight...non-stop laughs. I can see why you'd want to avoid CAFs online, though.

Saving 20 dollars > Blu-Ray features. In for this one. Even if I plunk down the 5 bucks or whatever for the extra fighters (and I definitely want to play as Severn), I'm still saving 15 bucks.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Was playing the demo with a friend just tonight...non-stop laughs. I can see why you'd want to avoid CAFs online, though.

Saving 20 dollars > Blu-Ray features. In for this one. Even if I plunk down the 5 bucks or whatever for the extra fighters (and I definitely want to play as Severn), I'm still saving 15 bucks.[/QUOTE]
true but i wouldn't doubt that the ps3 version will be on sale soon so im going to wait.

Looks like the deal is gone. Glad I got in on the 360 version while it was live with my $20 credit from Mario Galaxy 2. Thanks OP!

This is the worst online game I've ever played. Nothing but lag, disconnects and most of the time you can't even find a match.

AWFUL.

bread's done
Back