Ufouria - THE SAGA

JEKKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
so last week a game came out for virtua console, that was never released in america called Ufouria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6b5hs2NXSU

it's supposed to be a metroidvania type of game, and is in english since it was released in europe.

it looks real good. I bought it, will hopefully get around to playing it soon!!

played quite a bit.

it's pretty good.

it's a 2D exploration type game so yeay, like Metroid.

the game focuses more on exploration that action so your offensive capabilities are limited. You can jump & stomp on enemies to kill them, and sometimes theyll drop an item which u can pick up & throw.

later on u get an attack, but u hafta charge it with each use, and you are idle during charge.

you can rescue your friends who all have different abilities to get you thru areas. My first friend can traverse ice areas and swim over water, my 2nd friend can jump longer distances. I think my 3rd friend when I find him lets me swim underwater.

the game is password based so either write down or take a pic of the password which u can access via your crystal ball item, or just use Wii's save state feature.

I also found the map & compass which shows where I am. In addition to the previously mentioned item that lets me attack, I assume many more items are to be found.

when you die u continue at the very beginning. so there may be a lot of step retracing, but the game can move rather fast.

graphics and art are fantastic and very colorful! Music is ok, not bad but not amazing.

I'll definitely be playing it a lot til I finish it!!

1up did a game night on it.Not sure if they beat the entire game but it should be up on their website.

I beat it!!

got all the items too!!

this is game of the year!!

if u like old NES games, make sure to check this out!!

I was thinking about picking this up sometime, thanks for the recommendation JEKKI. Couple questions: Can you beat it without a faqs or any help? I know sometimes these old NES games don't offer much direction especially with these Metroid type games. This never game out in the states right? Only in Japan & Europe?

Lastly how much is it? The typical $5?

it's 600 points since it's an import.

it's metroidvania style and there's an item u can get that shows you where on the map the items are, so between having a marker tell u where to go and environmental reasons preventing u from proceeding at certain points, you should be fine without a faq.

however there are some tough parts that may be hard to figure out, but u can always ask!

Alright Jekki, you made your sale. I will pick this one up. I also saw in Jeremy Parish's Gamespite quarterly book the NES 25th anniversary, that he recommends picking it up as one of the few good Euro imports that never made it to the states.

bread's done
Back