Ugh.. Brand new GBA:SP has some sound problem with GBC games..

doomgaze_86

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got Fire Emblem and a GBA:SP for $105+tax at Target thanks to the gift card thing and I absolutely love it.

The only problem right now is that my old GBC games(Zelda DX, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages) have this weird high pitched sound that doesn't go away unless I mute the sound. The games work on my old GBA without any problems and GBA games are perfect.

Did I get a defective unit or is this just normal?

I don't have any GBC games to check with, but I know they run at like 5.5V instead of like the 3V that GBA games run at...it's possible that added power pull causes some sort of sound distortion.

When I first got my SP all I played some Harvest Moon GBC on it and it worked fine. I don't recall a high pitched noise, but then again, I may not have had the volume up very high.

Sure hope not.. Now what if it's the GBA games that don't work? :p

Nah I'll try my luck.. Sure hope there's no dust under the screen too..

[quote name='doomgaze_86']Sure hope not.. Now what if it's the GBA games that don't work? :p

Nah I'll try my luck.. Sure hope there's no dust under the screen too..[/quote]

if it breaks within a year Nintendo wil fix it. They are pretty good with fixing stuff

I'll test my zelda dx with my system when i get home, I have a gbc that i use because of the screen size. So I never really play non gba games in a gba. BTW my first gba that I purchased had several dust particles in the middle of the screen. I just exchanged it for another one.

The GBA I had says it plays all GB games. My new SP has a warning about some older GB games may not function properly. Not sure what is different internally but they do not sound like the same parts to me.

I think there are only a few games that will not work with the SP, like Kirby Tilt (and something), it doesn't work because you put the cartridge in opposite from a regular GB or Advance. That's the only game I have that won't work and I have a lot of games.

bread's done
Back