Ugh!!! Jade Empire

marmilin

CAG Veteran
Watched some Jade Empire movies today. Now I'm not nearly as excited as i was before.

Why is it every game lately has some form of "matrix slow-motion action"?

UGGGHHHHH was totally looking forward to that game too, sorry just need to vent a bit but Matrix great movie and such but Max Payne + Matrix made most of the action genre TOTALLY LAME.

Just my opinion but really is getting insanely old.

Its called milking the cash cow... It worked once, why not try to charge people for it 315125 more times?

It's a metaphor that lends itself well to games. It's a way of letting characters demonstrate an extraordinary ability other than the ability to swing a sword so hard the enemy is vaporised. In a pure turn based combat system high agility just comes down to a better chance of dodging an attack and getting to make attacks more often. Something more is need for an oaction-oriented combat system to have the stats mean something.

[quote name='epobirs']It's a metaphor that lends itself well to games. It's a way of letting characters demonstrate an extraordinary ability other than the ability to swing a sword so hard the enemy is vaporised. In a pure turn based combat system high agility just comes down to a better chance of dodging an attack and getting to make attacks more often. Something more is need for an oaction-oriented combat system to have the stats mean something.[/quote]

....? what?

What do you mean "It's a Metaphor".

All i'm saying is, one game went well with that action Max Payne when it first came out. After that it opened up a floodgate of retarded slow-motion action. It really, to me, is just a lazy way to spice up action sequences.

This is also the reason I love ninja gaiden, they didn't need to add in a "ninja sense" that made him move faster than the rest of the characters. That game just moved fast PERIOD.

It can be done its just developers, once again my opinion, just want to find the easy "mainstremish" way to demonstrate power.

Matrix action sequences bore me, they were fun at first in max payne, but after the some odd 19thousandth game to have that action it gets old, and really fast.

I'm not sick of the slow motion Matrix thing. I think its a great gimmick. They should do it over and over again for like a 1,000,000 times in video games and movies.

(I'm being sarcastic)

[quote name='Xevious']I'm not sick of the slow motion Matrix thing. I think its a great gimmick. They should do it over and over again for like a 1,000,000 times in video games and movies.

(I'm being sarcastic)[/quote]

i actually like having it as an option, but not a necessity

bread's done
Back