uh....gamecube slogan

gamemasterjd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
dont know if anyone knew but gamecube/ nintendo's slogan at the moment is "Who are you?". BTw if you have ever seen the ones on the website you kn ow that they are some tines explicit. Plus it was in EGM with mario..well you knowing his you know what...

GameCube's slogan is, yeah, pretty lame. I like PS2's:

Live in your world, play in ours.

But wouldn't it have been cooler if it was

Play in your world, live in ours?

I've always hated "Live in your world, Play in ours." It's time they came up with something new. That slogan is 4-5 years old now...

Oh, and yea, "Who are you" is kinda lame...

"Who Are You" is definitely a lame slogan for Nintendo.
In my mind its associated with The Who or a CSI episode. With all those marketing dollars you would think they'd be able to come up with something original and more catchy.

Nintendo's slogan is original. Highly effective as well as one of Nintendo's "Who Are You" promotions took top honors at that videogame commerical awards ceremony. Forget the exact details.

"Who are you?" does nothing for me, it's simple and uninspiring - you you've missed the point, such a title may be simple but I bet you more people hear it and notice a trend - i.e. start branding the slogan with Nintendo - than their previous attempts in the last few years. It is all about name/slogan recognition, but catchiness. "Who are you?" is working wonders for them... just look at this thread as an example of that.

I love the who are you slogan. Very effective, judging from the viewpoint of someone that sells the systems and sees the reaction from Nintendo's propganda the Rep thrws all over my store.

However, the best slogan ever goes to DC.

"It's Thinking" Brilliant.

I still remember that and the first Soul Calibur ads. "this is the heart (dc) and THIS is the soul (Sc).. Awesome advertisement.

How about "Now You're Playing with Power"? Best Nintendo slogan ever, propagated by their "The Wizard" movie/commercial.

And to the person who said they sometimes get "explicit"... are you referring to the one with the Mario head on a statue? Do you also walk through the Met in NY screaming about all the nudity in artwork? Get over it.

Yeah there solgan does suck. I liked the "Get N' or get out" solgan back in the 64' days. PS2's solgan is pretty good, and XBOX's "It's good to play together" isn't bad. Best solgan of all time goes to sega "SEGA!!". Since gamecube doesn't support many Online based games, There should be "It's good to play with you're self" but that was just a lame excuse for a joke :?

the "Power of X" was much better than "it's good to play together" for Xbox...

I lump that crappy ad campaign along with that wretched McDonald's "i'm lovin' it." If I ate at McDonald's in the first place, I'd definitely not eat there now. Supporting such annoyance is beyond me.

God I'm glad I wasn't the only one who payed money to go see The Wizard, just to catch a glimpse of Super Mario Brothers 3(This was before the age of Dowloads and Emulators mind you) As far as its slogan, It kind of makes me ask myself: Who I really am? They could have done better, but what the hell I don't need ads to help me decide which game to buy or where I eat, I'm too old for that kind of manipulation. Ohh yeah and the MC D's ads suck ass as well!!!

I kinda like 'its good to play together' because it promotes Xbox Live more than Power of X.

Also I hated that McDonald's commercial where they're playing roller basketball... until ESPN started putting it in the ESPN motion clips. Now its stuck in my head... and I think its kinda catchy now =/

It's actually more like "it's good to play togetha' ", given that ad companies tend to be pandering to ethnicity to "strike a chord" with their consumer base. Personally, I think video games, and even fast food, transcend ethnicity, and appeal to a wide range of people. That's why I don't like those campaigns.

Also, some fat kid hitting you with a pillow does not make Grabbed by the Ghoulies a multiplayer experience.

Plus, it angers me that something like this could actually WORK to convince people that the product is better. "Wow," thinks the sheep, "I really relate to this product, because they talk so cool! It's like my favorite hip-hop artist! Yay! Where's my wallet?"

These people should end themselves.

Oh, and at the time, The Wizard was a pretty hot movie, man. I mean, I was like 8 years old at the time, and I guess I was easily entertained by shiny objects (the Power Glove! neat!), but for the video game culture at that point, it was enjoyable. I didn't realize that it was just a giant advertisement at the time, and haven't watched it since, but it did the trick.

Plus, it was a movie/commercial where someone played a video game with some range of normalcy. Normally (even now), you hear some BLEEP BLOOP coming from the TV, and the person is furiously mashing the buttons in no apparent pattern. Very annoying.

"who are you?"????? thats their slogan???...what happened to "get N or get out", that was a lot better than.. the new one.... who are you?? what kind of a slogan is that?!?!?

The latest one I've seen... for Metroid Zero Mission... was pretty cool, and actually made sense of the "Who Are You?" b.s.

A gymnast chick starts doing back handsprings [or whatever they're called, you get the point] then jumps real high into a Spin Jump, landing down like shes gonna beat someone up. Watching it, I was thinking, damn this reminds me of Metriod... and it's for Metroid. Go figure.

I haven't seen many Who Are You? ads, except for this one and the first one for SMA4, with all the Japanese kids floating through the air and jumping down sewer pipes and such. I thought that was cool, solely because of how weird it was.

Who Are You? is still lame as hell, though.

[quote name='WildWop']the "Power of X" was much better than "it's good to play together" for Xbox...[/quote]

I agree.. but I think it was mainly that guy's voice in the commercials that made it sound even more cool.

"Behold!"

[quote name='magilacudy']If I'm not mistaken that's Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs doing the voiceovers for the Xbox commercials. He does make it sound cool.[/quote]

yea and plus he is shutting the studio down

Nitendos older slogan:
Get N, or get out!

Genesi's slogan:
Genesis does what Nintendon't

I guess NIntendo should use something like:

We have Ikaruga, the other 2 don't. Thus we are the system of choice GO! NOW! BUY! BUY! Ikaruga and our system right now...... ? :)

My friend suggested a slogan for the Gamecube, "Think ouside the box." I kind of liked it. A double entendre of Nintendo's ingenuity and a subtle bust on the Xbox.

Nintendo of Europe has a better slogan... "Nintendo Gaming 24/7". I like that one, the USA one sucks, but who remebers these things anyways?

But that "Think outside the box" is a great slogan!

How bout instead of bitchin' about Nintendo's slogan, you all go out and pick up Wario Ware for Gamecube and grab a few friends and spend your time doing that...
Such great fun...
-Goatman

How bout instead of bitchin' about Nintendo's slogan, you all go out and pick up Wario Ware for Gamecube and grab a few friends and spend your time doing that...
Such great fun...
-Goatman

I decided this would be as a good a place as any to ask how many people remember this old school zelda commercial? I couldn't find the english one, but it still makes me laugh. Even Who are you? doesn't suck as bad as this.

How about you stop bitching about us bitching about Nintendo's slogan. I was going to pick up Wario Party thing until I found out that that the single player game is the same thing as in the GBA game, so that's just laziness of Nintendo's part.

It doesn't really matter if people love or hate the slogan. It's all about creating top of mind awareness. Yeah, you hate the slogan, but look at how many people are talking about Nintendo.

[quote name='jt2k3']However, the best slogan ever goes to DC.

"It's Thinking" Brilliant.
[/quote]

Anyone who's owned a Dreamcast knows it can be a bit loud when loading. You'll be playing a game, and it'll be loud with all the action onscreen; then, when a loading screen comes up, the game will get quiet and you'll hear a buzzing sound from the Dreamcast. I had a friend who used to say "It's Thinking" every time it did this. It was pretty funny, though I guess you had to be there.

I think we can all agree that a Nintendo gamer is different from any other breed of gamer. Nintendo gamers are quality fanatics. They are different because they can't be swayed by flashy graphics or adult content alone and they don't think that Mario is for 8 year olds!

:idea: Think of "Who are you?" in terms of asking if you are a real gamer. Do you see Samus when you look at gymnastics? If you do you are probably a real gamer. Thus you should get the console with the most consistently excellent games and the best characters ever.

For the record I am not a Nintendo fanboy and I am not anti adult content or flashy graphics. I'm a 3 console gamer. In closing: If you disagree with anything above you are wrong, even on matters of opinion, even on spelling! mmm mmm Bitch!

But Nintendo fans already have a GameCube. Nintendo needs other people to go out and buy the system and the slogan doesn't cut it.

A update to the other slogan...

"Think outside the box, play inside ours."

Make fun of the Xbox and the PS2 slogan all at once.

I think the new Nintendo slogan should be "fuck everyone else, buy our shit" I really think that would appeal to the more "adult" gamers.

[quote name='daphatty']I've always hated "Live in your world, Play in ours." It's time they came up with something new. That slogan is 4-5 years old now...

Oh, and yea, "Who are you" is kinda lame...[/quote]

Thats why sony sucks. PS2 would still be $300 without xbox. Sony Sucks. Mass produced over priced garbage.

I hated when Commercials ask me to think. Who r u?

I don't member naymore

Must play game

eat

play more game

grog good at game

(drool falls from mouth)

Here is one Don't Think! Just Play! Sounds good to me!

bread's done
Back