Uhh North Carolina beat Miami...

I know that I am hyjacking the thread, but...
What was up with UNC being ranked #3 behing number #1 Kansas in college basketball... Last year UNC had the player with the most assits per game in the acc (Felton) the player with the most point per game in the acc (mccants) and the player with the most rebounds per game in the acc (may)
Also how about 3 acc teams in the top 4 (Wake Forest, UNC, GA Tech) with duke, maryland, and nc state in the top 25 as well

[quote name='cyberlian']I know that I am hyjacking the thread, but...
What was up with UNC being ranked #3 behing number #1 Kansas in college basketball... Last year UNC had the player with the most assits per game in the acc (Felton) the player with the most point per game in the acc (mccants) and the player with the most rebounds per game in the acc (may)
Also how about 3 acc teams in the top 4 (Wake Forest, UNC, GA Tech) with duke, maryland, and nc state in the top 25 as well[/quote]

I don't really know why that happened, but I know it doesn't really matter much until the tourney.

yea florida teams dont seem to be having very good luck

i will now take use the rest of my post to remind people of the game a week ago when Mississippi State University beat the Gators... WOO GO MISSISSIPPI

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Maryland beat FSU too... Bad day for Florida.[/quote]
I didn't even think about that

Maryland beat FSU (uspet)
UNC beat Miami (WTF?)
Georgia beat Flordia (first time since who knows when)
agreed, it sucks to be a college football fan in the state of florida today...

A dark day for college football in Florida indeed.

Why did this have to be the year that Michigan does not play Wisconsin?? :x
Hopefully this shows the Big Ten that they need to add one more team and have a conference championship game.

ya no doubt... Michigan is like the Patriots (of course seeing how they're led by Tom Brady this is no suprise) anyway... U of M just keeps on winning all these close games. It's great to watch, I'd love to seem em beat Wisconsin. I still have a feeling Wisconsin might blow a game before all is said and done though. U of M should be in a BCS game no matter what, now that FSU and Miami lost, MIchigan should slide into the top 10 easily, probably up to #9, and when all is said and done they should get a BCS game.

Now, I go to Miami, and I'm just curious where all you haters go to school. My guess is that the Hurricanes have probably beaten you. By the way, UNC didn't win this game wholly. They didn't kick to Devin Hester, our returner, the whole game for fear that he would return one for a touchdown, which he most certainly would have. The point of a sport is to play a team in its entirety, not cowardly kick away from their returner. If UNC wants to take full credit for this win, they should have actually played the game they way it is meant to be played.

[quote name='edtinney']Now, I go to Miami, and I'm just curious where all you haters go to school. My guess is that the Hurricanes have probably beaten you. By the way, UNC didn't win this game wholly. They didn't kick to Devin Hester, our returner, the whole game for fear that he would return one for a touchdown, which he most certainly would have. The point of a sport is to play a team in its entirety, not cowardly kick away from their returner. If UNC wants to take full credit for this win, they should have actually played the game they way it is meant to be played.[/quote]

So using strategy to take a kick/punt returner out of a game is not really playing the game? It was good strategy to take him out of the game since he has a good chance at scoring. There is no set way to play college football, that's the fun of the game.

I understand there is no set way to play a game. What I am saying is that there is a kick returner for a reason and special teams for a reason. Why even put people on the field if you are gonna kick the ball out of bounds? It is well within the rules of play, but it does not adhere to the conventions of the game of football. Though they lost, Miami played a more honest game and that is commendable. Also, the idea of sport is a competition between players. A good sportsman appreciates challenge and desires to compete against his opponent's best effort, so as to make the victory more genuine. I don't believe UNC played the most sportsmanlike game tonight.

Good, screw them all.

Cowardly? haha that's a good one. Keep whining about. You'd have to be brain-dead to give your opponent a chance like that, it would be like pitching to Barry Bonds with the bases loaded in a 3-run game.

[quote name='edtinney']I understand there is no set way to play a game. What I am saying is that there is a kick returner for a reason and special teams for a reason. Why even put people on the field if you are gonna kick the ball out of bounds? It is well within the rules of play, but it does not adhere to the conventions of the game of football. Though they lost, Miami played a more honest game and that is commendable. Also, the idea of sport is a competition between players. A good sportsman appreciates challenge and desires to compete against his opponent's best effort, so as to make the victory more genuine. I don't believe UNC played the most sportsmanlike game tonight.[/quote]

Just because the team puts a kick returner on the field doesn't mean the other team should kick it to him. There'd be no reason to kick it at all if the punter had to kick it to the returner. If there's a pretty good corner back on your best reciever, you don't have to pass it that way if you don't want to take the chance of him intercepting the ball. It doesn't make it un-sportmanlike to not kick it to him, it would be if UNC bragged about it. A good sportsman knows when to not take a chance, a good sportsman will accpet it if he's the one that's not getting kicked to.

I guess I just disagree. It's funny that Elwood gave the Barry Bonds example. I hate it when teams pitch around good hitters. Perhaps this is just my view on sports, but I just believe that sports should be played the way they were originally intended. Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned.

bread's done
Back