Ultimate Alliance 2 (ps3, 360) for 27 bucks at newegg

The sudden, inexplicable removal of the DLC packs was a lame move by Activision. Their excuse that it was a "limited DLC release" was pathetic at best. If that were true...then they would have mentioned that upon release in Novemeber '09 to reap more profits.

Perhaps there are some licensing issues due to the Disney buyout of Marvel...but it matters not. In the end, the move has cost them sales.

Amazon has it for just under $30. I see this dropping even more. I'll bite when it's $20 or less.

Yeah I never got to buy the DLC and was waiting for all the characters of the DLC to be put in a pack and what not. So much for that.

it was licensing issues

you really think Kotick is going to remove the potential and profitable DLC of using all marvel characters in this game
and the sheep who would definitely buy on flocks the several DLC packages for 800 points because said package of 4 characters offered one of their favorite characters?

lolheavensno

Somewhere in the Activision building, Kotick got angry and punched a wall.

Activision believes in no "exclusive DLC". in fact, paid DLC is what they thrive on.
fuck him and his company

[quote name='Traitorious']Yay licensing issues! I'm definitely in that lost sales category because of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the I-tried-the-demo-and-hated-it camp. Maybe my memory is recalling a totally different game but I loved MUA. I can't put my finger on it, but something was different and I did not want. It's still in my gamefly queue though. :lol:

[quote name='mxpowar']Waiting for MUA 2 Gold or Platinum Hits edition. Barring that, waiting for $20 price point.[/QUOTE]You won't see a MUA 2 Gold Edition, since according to what I've read, Activision doesn't have the license for the DLC any longer from Marvel.

They yanked it from XBL right before the end of the year without any notice. It just disappeared.

So, chances of seeing MUA 2 Gold w/all the DLC or a MUA 2 PH with the DLC is pretty much zero.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Waiting on $17.99, and then only maybe. Thanks though OP. Maybe we will see the slide descend to the sub 20 by summer.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think the sub 20 price is perfect. Thought about getting it a few weeks ago when I got Mirror's Edge for $10 off newegg, but decided against it. Oh well, hopefully it will drop again soon.

They lost the license to make DLC for the game. In theory a Gold edition would get around that if all the DLC is on the disc. However due to the poor sales it probably not happen

[quote name='ConfuciusCag']I'm in the I-tried-the-demo-and-hated-it camp. Maybe my memory is recalling a totally different game but I loved MUA. I can't put my finger on it, but something was different and I did not want. It's still in my gamefly queue though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You chose wisely. I rented it (free rental, otherwise I might have been sad), played it with 3 friends local for about an hour, then decided to go and buy MUA1 for $6.99 @ Gamestop. The feeling you got is how bad the game really is...

I was waiting for a Gold Edition. So much for that. Still have no interest in playing this. I was going to trade my MUA1 Gold in or sell it. I might hold off now.

It's a fun enough game to play with my 4 year old. He likes Wolverine and he has no problem mashing the attack button until we win. The DLC being gone is unfortunate but I probably never would have gotten it anyway.

Well licensing for download and retail release of games are different. For instance, with MvC2, Capcom got the rights to release it digitally again. They couldn't have put it out on disc if they'd wanted to. Only as a digital release.

Here's to hoping that Activision has some contractual loophole that allows them to add the DLC into a retail release (gold edition or platinum hits). Either that or they spend the dough to work out licensing for the dlc. I'd bite if I could get everything in 1 package. But I'm not spending money on a version where I can never have the extra content.

[quote name='S2_Stu']But I'm not spending money on a version where I can never have the extra content.[/QUOTE]

Its not like that extra content fixes some magical bugs that make the retail release unplayable. If you want to play the game, play it and don't worry about the dlc that you'll never get to play.

[quote name='Pescado Plus']It's a fun enough game to play with my 4 year old. He likes Wolverine and he has no problem mashing the attack button until we win. The DLC being gone is unfortunate but I probably never would have gotten it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's exactly how I feel about it. I only play this with my 5 year old son.

As far as the DLC, just get yourself a jtag exploitable 360 and you will never again have to worry about content that is no longer available on live ;)

It's mindless fun. Not the greatest game, and not as good as the first one since they dumbed it down but still a fun game. I bought it at sub $30, but it's more of a sub $20 kind of deal.

I go in the lost sales category as well as far as the DLC goes. Would've loved to use the new chars/complete the game to 100%. Still looking in forums trying to get someone to game share it/trade it with me with no luck so far...

[quote name='nateeasy29']I have the DLC. It is not very good. Waste of money.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't the DLC include Magneto? He is my favorite comic book character and would be the only reason I'd want to play MUA 2. That's also why X-MEN 2: Clone Wars will always be my favorite Marvel licensed game until the Magneto movie and licensed game come out.

[quote name='mxpowar']Doesn't the DLC include Magneto? He is my favorite comic book character and would be the only reason I'd want to play MUA 2.[/QUOTE]

Magneto was also part of the DLC/Gold Content on MUA1. Live pulled them, but you can still find disc copies of it. I found one on eBay for $13 shipped, it was the ultra-rare platinum hits/"special edition" with gold content + bonus DVD that I never knew existed.

g34207n58l7.jpg

[quote name='mxpowar']Doesn't the DLC include Magneto? He is my favorite comic book character and would be the only reason I'd want to play MUA 2. That's also why X-MEN 2: Clone Wars will always be my favorite Marvel licensed game until the Magneto movie and licensed game come out.[/QUOTE]

X-Men 2: Clones Wars was awesome. The first time I rented it I thought there was something wrong with the cartridge because when you start it up it goes straight into a snow stage with either wolverine or psylocke. No menu, or anything. Until I beat the first stage and got to the menu.

I always thought that was a pretty unique thing to do seeing as I can't recall another game that did that.

[quote name='Kerig']Magneto was also part of the DLC/Gold Content on MUA1. Live pulled them, but you can still find disc copies of it. I found one on eBay for $13 shipped, it was the ultra-rare platinum hits/"special edition" with gold content + bonus DVD that I never knew existed.

g34207n58l7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have that one and X-men Legends II, which also has Magneto as a playable character.

[quote name='trogoldito']X-Men 2: Clones Wars was awesome. The first time I rented it I thought there was something wrong with the cartridge because when you start it up it goes straight into a snow stage with either wolverine or psylocke. No menu, or anything. Until I beat the first stage and got to the menu.

I always thought that was a pretty unique thing to do seeing as I can't recall another game that did that.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I've never seen any other game have a cold open like that. But actually, I loved it because it let you play as the bad guy, Magneto, after you beat him in Level 3. Very few games ever let you play as the bad guy and I could probably count them all on one hand.

[quote name='Indyjones']What type of game is this? Is it an RPG?[/QUOTE]
The previous games in the series were mostly action games with some RPG elements like collecting loot and upgrading your stats. I've read that this game, Ultimate Alliance 2, has even less RPG elements which makes it mostly an action game.

[quote name='Kerig']You chose wisely. I rented it (free rental, otherwise I might have been sad), played it with 3 friends local for about an hour, then decided to go and buy MUA1 for $6.99 @ Gamestop. The feeling you got is how bad the game really is...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still to this day play MUA1, but only for the PC. I found an amazingly talented online community who makes their custom Marvel characters with new powers and skill trees and things. I've now got over 65 new playable characters.

Anyway, great find, but sorely disappointed with the lack of DLC. I bought the game a few months ago and wondered why I couldn't find additional characters on PSN. I wish Disney would learn it's about the wide variety of characters which makes the game so much fun.

Ive really wanted MUA 1 for 360 since i LOVED the PSP version(LOL) but i wanted a complete one w/ cover and manual. Hopefully this gets to the 18 dollar used/20 dollar new price by summer.

bread's done
Back