Ultimate Bourne Collection Blu-Ray $29+ Shipping Amazon UK Region Free

[quote name='shadowrage']HD is HD - there's no PAL or NTSC with high def content. They'll work fine.[/QUOTE]

this.

[quote name='chewbaccagu']I'm no expert, but I've been checking around and am seeing lots of info that says PAL vs NTSC still matter. Many blurays still use standard def for menus and extras.

I don't know if 23.9 vs 25 fps or the 60Hz vs 50Hz would make a difference.

Also, I'm seeing lots of posts that say a ps3 can't play anything PAL.

As much as I'd like to jump on this, it seems like there's too great a chance that things won't work right.[/QUOTE]

you can jump on it safely. it will work. there is no PAL/NTSC anymore (it has all been replaced by 720p/1080p and universally compatible)

the only difference between releases here, in europe and in asia is region coding. that will be the only thing preventing playback, which is why region free releases (like this one) are worldwide compatible.

pal/ntsc only mattered in the previous generations of media formats. HD (bluray/HDDVD) has killed off that worry, thankfully.

[quote name='postulio']
you can jump on it safely. it will work. there is no PAL/NTSC anymore (it has all been replaced by 720p/1080p and universally compatible)
[/QUOTE]

In that case, I'm going to go buy The Tudors. So fucking tired of waiting for that to come out in America.

[quote name='becker4546']Can anyone tell me how the subtitles look? Also, is this pretty much the same as the $75 Bourne Trilogy on normal Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yeah is the same one just different case and not sure about subs.

[quote name='mrhappi79']Good deal regardless of the subtitle 'issue'.

Was looking at the Matrix Trilogy also, which is cheaper. Had a couple of questions if anyone could answer please.

It's listed as having Portuguese subtitles but was wondering if it still had English as well. I'm sure it does.

Also, does it not include The Animatrix? I don't see it listed.[/QUOTE]
BB has matrix for 49.99 on BR and has the animatrix and extra disc thing with shit loads of special features

dunno how much the UK version is but i would go with the american one

as for this great deal but ill wait till i can find the US version because with all the extra sound/subtitles im afraid of slight loss in quality not to mention i cannot STAND the stupid ass (18) stamp on the UK dvds, i know that is heavy nit picking but i just cannot stand it, it would be sticking out like a sore thumb in my collection, if it was on the front only i would consider buying it

OP here-glad this deal worked out for all you Bourne Fans!

For this set you are safe-it will play on your Region A player, including PS3.

I've been purchasing Blu-Rays & SD DVD's from all over the world for years. There actually is a PAL consideration on SOME Blu-Ray Movies/Sets. These are usually noted at blurayregioncodes.com in "note" next to the title (if you're checking a film from the UK, click "Region B" at the top). Occasionally, the extras on a set or movie are encoded in PAL,because the extras are standard def, not hi-def. So just double check, before ordering, on that site, or one of the many Blu-Ray & AV Forums, to be sure that the entire disc will play.

Before I had a player capable of multi-region playback for standard def movies-your player needs to play movies from Regions 1,2,3 etc etc), AND process PAL correctly, for your NTSC(US Format) display-and for Blu-Ray, I checked the blurayregioncodes.com site and never had an issue with purchasing discs from non-USA territories. You should not have any issues if you verify ahead of time. There are many deals to be had at Amazon UK and other retailers, so you may like to do so in the future. More items are on sale in their "Up to 70% off" area.

Again,for standard def material, your SD or Blu-Ray Player (if you use it for SD playback), need to be able to play multi-region and PAL DVD's. 2 Examples of players can do so with a simple remote code are LG BH200 Combo (now out of production), Momitsu's Player, and Toshiba XDE (standard def player). But there are threads with hacks for other players, and people have reported that some "off the shelf" SD players for $60 can be modified with remote to accomplish the same.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me.

Here's the sales link & Happy Holidays-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-O...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=477975413&pf_rd_i=655852

DB

[quote name='digitalbabe']

Again,for standard def material, your SD or Blu-Ray Player (if you use it for SD playback), need to be able to play multi-region and PAL DVD's. 2 Examples of players can do so with a simple remote code are LG BH200 Combo (now out of production), Momitsu's Player, and Toshiba XDE (standard def player). But there are threads with hacks for other players, and people have reported that some "off the shelf" SD players for $60 can be modified with remote to accomplish the same.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me.

Here's the sales link & Happy Holidays-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-O...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=477975413&pf_rd_i=655852

DB[/QUOTE]

youre just confusing people.

a pal compatible tv/player is required only if the sd content on the BD is encoded in PAL (VERY rare).

this set does not include any PAL content.

btw, just got mine, works and looks great. love the UK packaging.

Can anyone tell me anything about the band of brothers set from amazon UK? i blind bought it because 32 bucks i cannot pass it up but after hearing all this stuff about the bourne set im kind of worried about the BOB and might return it

[quote name='styl3s']Can anyone tell me anything about the band of brothers set from amazon UK? i blind bought it because 32 bucks i cannot pass it up but after hearing all this stuff about the bourne set im kind of worried about the BOB and might return it[/QUOTE]

omfg. hearing WHAT stuff?

it works fine. too many stupid people in here raising too many stupid questions. which part of EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT ITS REGION FREE is confusing.

is the band of brother region free? YES. therefore itll work.

/rant

[quote name='postulio']youre just confusing people.

a pal compatible tv/player is required only if the sd content on the BD is encoded in PAL (VERY rare).

this set does not include any PAL content.

btw, just got mine, works and looks great. love the UK packaging.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention you would need a PAL tv that does the correct resolution.

Does it come in 3 of the 'fat" cases?

this thread keeps popping up and its still the same price, each time i see it i get tempted to pull the trigger!! I just got paid today, hmm tempting. ( I have bought way too my blu's this year)

[quote name='Junkie2']Amazon.co.uk still hasn't took the funds out my account and I ordered it on sunday :([/QUOTE]

They took my money out but the shipping date isn't until the 18th with expected delivery AFTER Christmas. I ordered the day this thread was put up. Oh well. It's a great deal.

[quote name='dyne']They took my money out but the shipping date isn't until the 18th with expected delivery AFTER Christmas. I ordered the day this thread was put up. Oh well. It's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

My shipping day is 14-21, arriving on 22-jan 8, god damn it.

[quote name='bones56']this thread keeps popping up and its still the same price, each time i see it i get tempted to pull the trigger!! I just got paid today, hmm tempting. ( I have bought way too my blu's this year)[/QUOTE]
Just buy it. It's only $30 and will probably go back up to $60. They're great movies and the whole set is definitely worth it.

Mine has this, but still hasn't shipped / charged yet.

Delivery estimate: 16 Dec 2009 - 30 Dec 2009
Dispatch estimate: 8 Dec 2009 - 14 Dec 2009

Ordered December 1st.

I really, really wish the US version of this would come down in price. I've had this in my Amazon cart for months and the lowest I've seen it is $58.99 if I recall correctly.

[quote name='postulio']omfg. hearing WHAT stuff?

it works fine. too many stupid people in here raising too many stupid questions. which part of EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT ITS REGION FREE is confusing.

is the band of brother region free? YES. therefore itll work.

/rant[/QUOTE]

actually...there have been reports that band of brothers (uk) is not region free. It works for region a and region b. people who are going to play it in region c players are going to be in for a rude awakening when it doesnt work.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I really, really wish the US version of this would come down in price. I've had this in my Amazon cart for months and the lowest I've seen it is $58.99 if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

Why are you stuck on getting the US version? The movie is identical, no matter what version you get. Is the difference in the way subtitles are displayed really worth ~$30 bucks.

[quote name='crovakiet']actually...there have been reports that band of brothers (uk) is not region free. It works for region a and region b. people who are going to play it in region c players are going to be in for a rude awakening when it doesnt work.[/QUOTE]

FINE. to all the people here from asia... sorry :roll:

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Why are you stuck on getting the US version? The movie is identical, no matter what version you get. Is the difference in the way subtitles are displayed really worth ~$30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I simply like the US case(s) better, which is why I originally held off.. but then I decided the difference in price $30 - $60 isn't worth it just for different cases. As you said, they are the same movies, so I really shouldn't care (although it will still slightly bother me). I'm not sure if the other person feels the same, but that's what made me hesitant to purchase at first.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I simply like the US case(s) better, which is why I originally held off.. but then I decided the difference in price $30 - $60 isn't worth it just for different cases. As you said, they are the same movies, so I really shouldn't care (although it will still slightly bother me). I'm not sure if the other person feels the same, but that's what made me hesitant to purchase at first.[/QUOTE]

To each their own :)

I personally like the idea of having something "foreign" on my movie rack!

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Why are you stuck on getting the US version? The movie is identical, no matter what version you get. Is the difference in the way subtitles are displayed really worth ~$30 bucks.[/QUOTE]
I prefer the case for the US release. Its not worth a $30 difference which is why I haven't bought the US release yet... waiting for $45 or lower.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I prefer the case for the US release. Its not worth a $30 difference which is why I haven't bought the US release yet... waiting for $45 or lower.[/QUOTE]
Wow

[quote name='crovakiet']if you havent bought band of brothers bluray yet, its also pretty cheap on amazon uk as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/Band-Brothe...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259618546&sr=1-1...stack it with your bourne collection. think shipping charge only increases marginally. According to bluray.com its locked to Region A and B.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if the UK Blu-ray version of Band of Brothers has the same extras as the US version???

I'm thinking of buying both the Ultimate Bourne Collection & Band of Brothers in the same order to save on shipping. Both come to -- Payment Total: USD $59.92 (delivered)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmmm I'll pass since I have these on HD-DVD.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. In other news, I'm gonna take a sip of my coffee now.

i pondered this for about a week and I finally decided to order it. I dont see the US version of the set ever dropping below $50, so i decided why not since they are the same movies.

total was $31.73 USD

I just got mine in the mail. I bought them whenever this thread first started. All three of the movies for $32 shipped is a great deal.

bread's done
Back