Ultimate Card Games

Swingman

CAGiversary!
Has anyone bought this game yet? How is it?

I'm hoping Best Buy adds it to their site soon so I can use it as part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

I'm wanting to get both Ultimate Card Games (UCG) and Ultimate Brain Games (UBG). Apparently no websites are eager to review UCG, which was released today. UBG doesn't come out til November unfortunately as long as it's not delayed like UCG. Come on best buy, put them on your website please :)

IGN's description of Ultimate Card Games
A compilation of challenging card games titles, based on the GBA line of Ultimate games from Telegames and Cosmigi. The game features vastly upgraded graphics to make use of the 3D potential of the Nintendo DS (including a 3D "Person Creator" for designing your own avatar and full 3D environments of play), and includes playable versions of the following: Solitaire (with additional Solitaire variations/rule options not seen on GBA), Video Poker (also with multiple variations), Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Cribbage, Canasta, Bridge, Go Fish!, Crazy 8's, Blackjack, 5-Card Draw Poker, 7-Card Stud Poker, Texas Hold'em Poker, Pinochle, Whist, and Gin Rummy.

IGN's description of Ultimate Brain Games
A compilation of challenging board games titles, based on the GBA line of Ultimate games from Telegames and Cosmigi. The game features vastly upgraded graphics to make use of the 3D potential of the Nintendo DS (including a 3D "Person Creator" for designing your own avatar and full 3D environments of play), and includes playable versions of the following: Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Mahjong (solitaire and multi-player varieties), Sink the Ships, Four in a Row, Dominoes, Reversi, and Go.

Personally, I'm waiting for Clubhouse Games. From IGN, it has:

Old Maid, Spit, I Doubt It, Sevens, Memory, Pig, Blackjack, Hearts, Rummy, Last Card, Last Card Plus, President, Five Card Draw, Texas Hold Em, Nap, Spades, Contact Bridge, Hasami Shogi, Turncoat, Chinese Checkers, Checkers, Dots & Boxes, Backgammon, Chess, Connect Five, Grid Attack, Koi-Koi, Soda Shake, Dominoes, Bowling, Darts, Billiards, Balance, Take Over, Solitaire, Escape, and Mahjong Solitaire.

All this + WFC = Some good times I think :)

[quote name='daroga']Personally, I'm waiting for Clubhouse Games. From IGN, it has:

Old Maid, Spit, I Doubt It, Sevens, Memory, Pig, Blackjack, Hearts, Rummy, Last Card, Last Card Plus, President, Five Card Draw, Texas Hold Em, Nap, Spades, Contact Bridge, Hasami Shogi, Turncoat, Chinese Checkers, Checkers, Dots & Boxes, Backgammon, Chess, Connect Five, Grid Attack, Koi-Koi, Soda Shake, Dominoes, Bowling, Darts, Billiards, Balance, Take Over, Solitaire, Escape, and Mahjong Solitaire.

All this + WFC = Some good times I think :)[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:k

umm... where are you seeing that it was released? cause it's not.

all of the sites that i check show it coming out sometime later this year, but i suspect they're wrong too. telegames recently changed their site to show a generic "2007" date.

i wouldn't put too much stock in either of those sites...

IGN has some games that i own listed as canceled, and other games that have been confirmed to be canceled still listed with old release dates... since they have to keep up with ALL systems, and other stuff, i've found they're rarely an expert in anything.

and i've purchased games on amazon that were listed as "now shipping" and afterward they canceled my order and said the game was canceled... so why was it listed as shipping?

IGN and amazon are two VERY unreliable resources.

trust me. it's not really out. and making it is oftentimes the easy part. for all we know, the game is finished. there's a lot of red tape that goes into manufacturing copies, getting those copies to retailers, etc. so while it might not be rocket science to make the thing, it can become a political fight getting it to the consumers.

Getting it to consumers shouldn't be rocket science either. They've done games before, they should know how to get another one out. You would think they could get all the politics settled during the year or 2 they were making the game.

IGN and Amazon have usually been right about the games I've checked. Maybe they miss a few here and there but I wouldn't call that unreliable.

I had no idea this was scheduled to come out. As of right now there is no 'rom' for it...so I don't think it was released.

[quote name='Swingman']Getting it to consumers shouldn't be rocket science either. They've done games before, they should know how to get another one out. You would think they could get all the politics settled during the year or 2 they were making the game.

IGN and Amazon have usually been right about the games I've checked. Maybe they miss a few here and there but I wouldn't call that unreliable.[/QUOTE]

well then, order yourself a copy from amazon...

let me know when you get that.

[quote name='DocRamon']well then, order yourself a copy from amazon...

let me know when you get that.[/QUOTE]

I don't order games without getting a good deal on it. They might be wrong this time but Amazon hasn't been wrong with items I've ordered in the past.

I've already accepted that it isn't released yet. I was only disagreeing with the other poster that those sites are unreliable when it comes to release dates.

The only thing we know for sure is that the game has had very poor coverage from online gaming sites. It's also insane that they keep pushing a card game back.

Amazon is horrible for release date. If they don't have an actual date, they post some random date... then, a day or two after that date has passed, they post a new date a few months off. I wouldn't trust Amazon to tie my shoe.

Guess I've been lucky or haven't noticed. I did get an item I preordered well before I thought I would though.

bread's done
Back