Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom $21.99 (Amazon)

Thanks good price!
peter

Is this truly the Ultimate version or is there another Maximum Ultimate version? I will only get the very last version of any Capcom fighting game from now on.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Is this truly the Ultimate version or is there another Maximum Ultimate version? I will only get the very last version of any Capcom fighting game from now on.[/QUOTE]

• There are no new characters planned to be implemented for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. More costumes and other things are possible, but not currently in the works.

• The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 team has moved on to new stuff, along with Ryota Niitsuma, the title's producer.

• Sven was asked about if it would be another 10-15 years before the next Marvel vs. Capcom game, e.g. MvC4. He said they were happy with UMvC3, but it's probably time to chill with that franchise for awhile.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/apr/24/live-ask-capcom-session-christian-svensson/

Don't forget you still need to buy Shuma Gorath and Jill DLC to have all the characters.

Great price but I'm done with UMvC3, I'll sell my Ps3 copy now that Marvel Origins was announced for PSN for September.
Lot of nostalgia about the arcade days :cry:

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Is this truly the Ultimate version or is there another Maximum Ultimate version? I will only get the very last version of any Capcom fighting game from now on.[/QUOTE]I'd say your only safe bet would to be to wait 10 years to see if Capcom eventually releases another version, but Capcom waited longer than that to release the latest version of Street Fighter 2.

Hopefully $10 by then. My price of entry.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']So perhaps under $20 for Black Friday. :D I'll get right on clearing up my backlog so I can actually enjoy this by then..[/QUOTE]

Thats what Im thinking, I will wait until the end of the week to see. If not hopefully this deal will still be around.
[quote name='UnlockPotential']So perhaps under $20 for Black Friday. :D I'll get right on clearing up my backlog so I can actually enjoy this by then..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yobaburp']It's still overpriced wait til it hits 20 or under.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the price I'm waiting for. I've come to the conclusion that there is no need to get games at full retail price unless you really, really, really want it.

The PS3 version (didn't check for X360) was tagged and rang up for $14.98 at my local Toys R Us (but still shows $39.99 online). So YMMV at your local store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Is this truly the Ultimate version or is there another Maximum Ultimate version? I will only get the very last version of any Capcom fighting game from now on.[/QUOTE]

Capcom has stated over and over again adamantly that UMvC3 is done, and this game won't be getting any other updates or patches. Likely their license w/ Marvel for this game is done, and also the team has moved on per previous comments. The funny thing is there's demand now for more content, but they are done with this game, and a lot of fighting game fans are disappointed.

You could wait for UMvC4, but you'd likely be waiting several years.

bread's done
Back