Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND?

chriscolbert

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
I asked this in the Amazon B2G1 thread in the deals section but thought I would get some opinions here and maybe some reassurance as to my decision.

I typically hate these "vs" topics but I think this is a legit comparison since these are the only fighting options until MK crushes them both. I actually own the original LE of MvC3 on the 360 but didn't really get into all that much. I only play single-player which already puts me in a smaller audience, and based on everything I read it seems that BlazBlue has a ridiculous amount of modes and options that appeal more to those who don't do multi.

Based on that wouldn't it seem like a no-brainer to go with BlazBlue or is there anything about that series (I've NEVER played any of them) that brings it down a notch from MvC?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend checking out the fighting game threads here on CAG. There's a general FGT as well as matchmaking threads for 360 and PS3. You'll likely get a good impression from the guys there.

Unfortunately I have way more experience with UMvC than I do BB, so I can't really compare the two fairly.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250644 - PS3 thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295630 - 360 thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311369 - FGT

UMVC3, Blazblue gets boring really fast and this is coming from someone who has been playing fighting games for a long time. But it really depends on what type of gamer you are. It seems you are more of the casual kind of gamer so I can see you would prefer Mortal Kombat or Blazblue over UMVC3 based on content. If you are a hardcore fighting game fan, then it is a obvious choice to take Capcom fighting games over anything else.

To keep this more specific to Vita, if you had to pick between the two based off of technical things (because I like both) which would you get? I'm talking about load times, how well they control on the Vita, etc....

So how about those that have bought both?

I have both..... but waiting to grab a vita tonight at midnight... both fighters and wipeout are the only launch games I wanted.

I own both on Vita and have played much more BlazBlue than UMvC3. I personally prefer BB more than UMvC3. I'm a huge SF fan and really looking forward to SFxT. The touch controls on UMvC3 are very cheap, so if you want a "fair" fight be sure to search with it "off" when playing online.

I personally have UMvC3 and an associate of mine at The Mog Blog has BBCSEX. I also have played both games on console, though UMvC3 more than BBCSEX. From what I can tell about you and the details you've said, I would BBCS without a single doubt in my mind. The only reason why you would go with UMvC3 is if you have a bunch of friends that can play with you, you enjoy online competition or you enjoy the combo system that's in place with UMvC3 and want to spend hours making the most ridiculous combos you can come up with.

I say BBCS mainly because it has single player content that will last you for awhile. If you enjoy anime to any extent, I can tell you that you may enjoy the various characters and story presented in BBCS, even if it does fall on the cutesy side many times.

The fighting mechanics on both games are fairly solid so if you want a game purely off of that, it would just be based on your tastes really. Otherwise, I'd put my money on BBCSEX over UMvC3. If you have ever played any of the other BB entries, you should have an idea of what you're getting yourself into. Otherwise, BBCSEX is a very good entry point.

[quote name='MogKnight']I personally have UMvC3 and an associate of mine at The Mog Blog has BBCSEX. I also have played both games on console, though UMvC3 more than BBCSEX. From what I can tell about you and the details you've said, I would BBCS without a single doubt in my mind. The only reason why you would go with UMvC3 is if you have a bunch of friends that can play with you, you enjoy online competition or you enjoy the combo system that's in place with UMvC3 and want to spend hours making the most ridiculous combos you can come up with.

I say BBCS mainly because it has single player content that will last you for awhile. If you enjoy anime to any extent, I can tell you that you may enjoy the various characters and story presented in BBCS, even if it does fall on the cutesy side many times.

The fighting mechanics on both games are fairly solid so if you want a game purely off of that, it would just be based on your tastes really. Otherwise, I'd put my money on BBCSEX over UMvC3. If you have ever played any of the other BB entries, you should have an idea of what you're getting yourself into. Otherwise, BBCSEX is a very good entry point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the feedback! I did end up ordering BB and it should be here this evening, so I look forward to diving in!

bread's done
Back