Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection - $9.99 shipped @ FYE (After Rebate)

Great deal 13 movies for $10.
I picked this box set up plus

Horror Movie Classics Tin with 10 Films for $10
Product Details

Collector's Edition, includes button on tin box that plays scary music. Features 10 Classic Horror Films: "Horror Hotel", "The Last Man on Earth", "Demenita 13", "The Terror", "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari", "House on Haunted Hill", "Night of the Living Dead", "Nightmare Castle", "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", "Nosferatu".

I got this in store for that price with the rebate. I already got the email that my $20 Visa gift card is on the way.

Fantastic set (all but one movie is amazing) for a crazy low price.

[quote name='Staind204']I got one of these a year and a half ago for $9.99 after MIR there. Awesome price for some good movies![/QUOTE]

Same here... great collection of movies for a great price

Thanks OP I bit. Also, there's a coupon for $5 off $35. I ended up getting a used movie for about a buck.

FYE_CART_BANNER.jpg

I received my gift card last week. Do retailers place a hold on the card when you make a purchase? If so, how much is the amount? Or, can I simply make a $20 purchase with no problems?

I didn't realize this rebate is only good if you buy the collection online :cry:

I bought it using giftcards though, so I guess I can pay full price :lol:

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Thanks OP I bit. Also, there's a coupon for $5 off $35. I ended up getting a used movie for about a buck.

FYE_CART_BANNER.jpg
[/quote]

Do you think this stacks with the $20 rebate? It says not to be combined with any other coupon, but not sure if the rebate form would be considered a coupon.

And thanks OP, this is a very sweet deal.

Well I finally got my DVDs, submitted the rebate form, and got an email from [email protected] (they evidently handle rebates for FYE). They claim the rebate is invalid b/c of an "invalid purchase date" which is crap, I bought squarely in the middle of the offer period and everything is dated accordingly. Has anyone else had problems w/ FYE bogusly rejecting rebate submissions?

[quote name='dfo']Well I finally got my DVDs, submitted the rebate form, and got an email from [email protected] (they evidently handle rebates for FYE). They claim the rebate is invalid b/c of an "invalid purchase date" which is crap, I bought squarely in the middle of the offer period and everything is dated accordingly. Has anyone else had problems w/ FYE bogusly rejecting rebate submissions?[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure you used the newer rebate form (not the older expired form)?

They always try to refuse via email. Call and talk to csr and if you followed the directions they will validate. They have done this to me 3/3 times. It's their lil way of maximising rebate money.

any problems i have had has been taken care of with a phone call and as long as you have copies of the forms filled out then should put it through

[quote name='doho7744']They always try to refuse via email. Call and talk to csr and if you followed the directions they will validate. They have done this to me 3/3 times. It's their lil way of maximising rebate money.[/quote]

That's a totally shady (and probably illegal) practice but I think you're right. After I emailed to complain, pointing out that I'd complied with all of their terms, I got the following response:

"Thank you for your rebate inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience. You are a valued Trans World Entertainment customer, so we are pleased to inform you that we have updated your record. Your rebate submission is now valid. The rebate should be mailed in the next 4-6 weeks."

Even though I'm (evidently) getting paid, this isn't right, since there will no doubt be people who think they're SOL when they get the denial and don't follow up, even though they complied with all of the terms. Not sure what I could do about it though, other than never shopping at FYE again.

bread's done
Back