Ultimate Shooting Collection Wii $12.99 +FSSS buy.com

[quote name='ryosnk']Thanks op. I need to review my collection to make sure I dont have this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got this for my Japanese Wii. I was pretty surprised that some of these shmups have been making it stateside as of lately. Its good news for American Fans and its better because these games are usually 50%+ off from the original japanese prices which rarely go down. Only way to get them cheap is to go to B&M stores in Japan. But its 3 shmups slapped into 1 game. Even Raiden IV finally hit $20 in most places w/ the bonus CD. So snag it up. It would even make a great post-stocking stuffer even for someone out there.

Cool. Better than Gamefly's $13 (before tax). And don't forget Bing cashback to further sweeten the pot.

Not a fan of this one. I picked this one up and hated all three shmups on it. Don't automatically assume that ITS RARE ITS SHMUPS SUPPORT IT IT MUST BE AWESOME.

That said, you folks MIGHT like it, just, buyer beware.

That's a dangerously bad title for a Wii game. Evokes a firing range mini-game collection more than a pretty decent collection of shmups.

I sold my only copies of Chaos Field and Ikaruga awhile back on eBay. I really wish Ikaruga was included in this, but for $13 it might be nice to have some other different shmups to play if the mood strikes me.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I sold my only copies of Chaos Field and Ikaruga awhile back on eBay. I really wish Ikaruga was included in this, but for $13 it might be nice to have some other different shmups to play if the mood strikes me.[/QUOTE]

Well the company that makes this (Milestone) basically almost has like a home-made template for some of these games. Another game they made is called Wii-Ivello or something like that. The games are not bullet-hell games like typical cave/taito/etc.. They are simpler and more on the quirky side. I do like Karasu (Crows) on it though... They also made Radirgy (Radio Allergy) . So again the games arent super super strong but are just different. I do alot of heavy shmupping and I think for $12.99 this is a decent little gem to pop into someone's collection. Ikaruga did go on sale earlier this year on XBL and I did snag it even though I have it on my Dreamcast which thank goodness for TVs w/ VGA Capability.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I really wish Ikaruga was included in this[/QUOTE]

Ikaruga was not developed by Milestone, so there was no chance it could have been included. This is simply a compilation of three of their games.

I hadn't been all that interested in this release but I'm thinking about it now. Thanks OP.

I never understood the love for Ikaruga. It's one of the few shmups I just find boring. Only Perfect Cherry Blossom ever managed the same feat, and at least PCB had some interesting BOSSES.

Is anyone familiar with how the USC is wrapped?
The normal tight y-folded heavyweight cellophane
or traditional shrinkwrap similar to your basic
sandwich wrap style? It just arrived with the later
and seems questionable.

It is wrapped like Blue Dragon/Crackdown these days,
as opposed to the usual [i.e. CODMW2/most others]

thank you in advance.

I ordered this on Amazon from Amazon on Dec 27th but it still hasn't shipped even with Prime. The delivery estimate is Jan 5-6th. Trying to decide if I should just cancel my Amazon order and get it from buy.com. My Amazon order was 12.99 as well.

bread's done
Back