ultra rare? 1 of a kind? lunar eternal blue wrist watch

darkhunter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hi cags I have an interesting find. Was cleaning up and found something I have not seen for many years that I forgot about. A watch from the Lunar Eternal Blue game. I am not the best photographer but I will upload some pics. I honestly cannot remember at all where this came from. I did used to work at Electronics Boutique when I was a teen and I also attended E3 one year back then (back when it was in Atlanta) so its probably something to do with that? Anyways I wanted to find more information on it but shockingly when I searched ebay I found nothing. I even tried googling "lunar eternal blue watch" and it just turns up nothing. So that's quite interesting in a day and age when I thought you could find anything on the internet, lol.

So I dunno obviously that makes it hard to determine what this item is worth.

The watch is not working though I imagine that's simply due to it needing a new battery as obviously its quite old, like nearly 20 years old I think as that game came out a long time ago. But its in great shape, looks very nice.

So anyways I thought maybe I would entertain some offers from cags and maybe one of you actually knows where this item came from !? Like I said I am thinking maybe I bought it from the working designs booth at E3 when I went? but again I cant say for sure.

Sorry I am finding it super cumbersome and not sure how to upload pics, I think I got 1 but I dunno. I have a couple more.

I guess message me if you want more pics and maybe I cam email them.

Not really interested in the watch per say. But, I'd love to hear the rest of the store (where it came from) if anyone knows. Just for curiosities sake.

The watch is from the Complete Era of the games (PS1), out of a set of five.  I don't believe they were collector limited produced in numbers in any way.  You could have gotten it a gameshop or by mail order, but from what you said I say you probally got it at a E3.  As for rarity, I can't say.  Even though they weren't offically limited, I don't think to many were made simply because they didn't sell a whole lot of them.  I know I've seen a couple pop up on ebay now and again, but never actually seen one sold.  If I remember correct they also came in some sort of case or box I believe but can't say for sure on that.  You could try asking on the forums of the site Arleisha posted a link of.  I would imagin they would know more.

wow well thanks for the great info! I knew a cag would be able to figure it out. Yeah it probably is from some special edition of the game, I know for sure I owned the games at some time, those just got sold off some time ago and the watch forgotten about.

This is an item from WD's online store, not a special edition. 

WD was one of the few publishers who produced a lot of gaming related merchandise before gaming took off and Lunar has quite a following... this is quite a nice find OP. I've seen some Lunar posters (official posters, not the generic ones) sell for $60-100 so a watch would likely fetch even more. 

If you do sell it, let us know what you get for it. :)

EDIT* 

I love the Internet Archive... look what I found! Here's the merchandise page from their website... look closely at the watch section and you'll see that it's your watch.  

http://web.archive.org/web/20000510040438/http://www.workingdesigns.com/

Unfortunately, the the larger size image doesn't load but I'm 99% sure the "EB Classic" design is the on you have. For some reason, the pages around that time weren't fully saved and the images are missing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I always like seeing video game merchandise from 10-15 years ago but common sense states it's not one of one. They wouldn't bother manufacturing something like this unless they made at least a hundred.

Did it come in a box or tin? If so, and you had that, it would certainly help in regards to resale value

Yeah I wanna say it probably came in some kinda case or something but again I just do not remember and sadly do not have it.

Regardless, I 'll listen to offers and I 'll be pretty reasonable and probably take something on the lower end of what its really work just because 1. yeah its not working (though again probably just needs a battery) 2. its probably missing its case and 3. as much as I loved Lunar back in the day and loved collecting sadly just life changes, I need more room and this and many other things just have to go as sad as it is.

I'm almost certain there was no box, not a real one... maybe a generic one. Most of WD's merchandise came with these cheap hang bags... like the ones they sell the cheap candy in. 

Honestly OP, get it fixed (it's a cheap watch, probably just needs a battery) and actually try to get something for it. CAG has some collectors but it'll get overlooked here since this isn't exactly a collector centric website and list that sucker on eBay or Digipress. 

bread's done
Back