Ultraman The Complete Series (DVD) 5.99

Yeah i purchased this about a year ago and was all excited until i watched the first 4 episodes and realized i was to young back then to know any better.. its sad really, that the power rangers holds my attention better... damn childhood innocence

Isn't this the original Ultraman? The one that's almost as old as Sentai and the Japanese Spider-Man show?

[quote name='Bluecomputerpro']Yeah i purchased this about a year ago and was all excited until i watched the first 4 episodes and realized i was to young back then to know any better.. [/QUOTE]

Watch a few episodes of Spectreman and (Space Giants) Goldar to "fluff" your attention span beforehand next time.

The translations in this show are hilarious. Although I will say that the show is so bad that you pretty much have to be doing something else (browsing the internet, handheld) while watching it or else you will just turn it off.

[quote name='blindinglights'] Although I will say that the show is so bad that you pretty much have to be doing something else (browsing the internet, handheld) while watching it or else you will just turn it off.[/QUOTE]You mean like 90% of other live action shows before the late 90's?

No, Power Rangers or Beetle Borgs or whatever else can't even compare to how bad Ultraman is.

They're hard to watch, but not even close to the same level as Ultraman.

I'm trying to look for video of this stuff. Am I confusing this with Sppectreman, or which one had the alien ship that had gorillas as the commander? At least I sure hope I am thinking of the right show.

[quote name='Schloob']I'm trying to look for video of this stuff. Am I confusing this with Sppectreman, or which one had the alien ship that had gorillas as the commander? At least I sure hope I am thinking of the right show.[/QUOTE]Ultraman is silver and red/blue whose main gimmick is growing super tall. Think the final episode of Power Rangers Zeo.

[quote name='Schloob']Am I confusing this with Sppectreman, or which one had the alien ship that had gorillas as the commander? At least I sure hope I am thinking of the right show.[/QUOTE]
The one with the two Gorilla's in the spaceship and underground lair- One blond the other not, was indeed Spectreman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Of2qGsh5I

OP you must be at least 40, to claim Ultraman as a show from your childhood.
I have the original set when it first came out here a few years ago and can't be more satisfied with it. Sure the masters may not come directly from Japan, but the quality is fine enough. At $6 you can't actually complain. Although, I've heard rumors that these cheapo sets are inferior to the ones I have, as the subtitles may go out of sync for some reason.

If you're a derp derp who doesn't know who Ultraman is, think Star Trek with a giant monster battle at the end.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']OP you must be at least 40, to claim Ultraman as a show from your childhood.
I have the original set when it first came out here a few years ago and can't be more satisfied with it. Sure the masters may not come directly from Japan, but the quality is fine enough. At $6 you can't actually complain. Although, I've heard rumors that these cheapo sets are inferior to the ones I have, as the subtitles may go out of sync for some reason.

If you're a derp derp who doesn't know who Ultraman is, think Star Trek with a giant monster battle at the end.[/QUOTE]
Nah, likely just mid - thirties
The Chicago, Chattanooga and other "superstations" ran them in the late 70s and early 80s. I grew up watching Ultraman, Spectreman, & Goldar/Giants shows.

bread's done
Back