Um. My TV started acting weird when I got my Wii...

DaveD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
And now it is completely broken. I have a Samsung Flatscreen HDTV. It's still a tube TV, but flatscreened and HDTV. I've had it for ALMOST 2 years, and it JUST recently started acting funny. I noticed that the screen rolled a little bit, with some lines creeping up the screen. It did it occasionally during my first few hours of the Wii. I had my 360 on this TV for almost a year now, and it NEVER did that. SO, I thought it was kinda weird.
Then, Monday, I wanted to play some Gears of War and do some multiplayer. I turn it on and get about 5 minutes into the game, and it locks up. Screen stops, much distortion, but the lights are still green. I hit the button and reboot. Locks up instantly. So, I remove the hard drive and try again. Still does it. I blow out the system, and change inputs (moving the TV to do so, which I believe whacked the TV into working) and it worked. So I played Gears of War for like 2 hours and nothing. A little bit of roll thought, again it never happened until Sunday.

Well today I'm in another marathon 'off for the holidays' Zelda session and in the midst of the Gerudo dungeon, all hell breaks loose. The screen throws some CRAZY distortion at me, freezes the picture and then the screen goes black. BUT I can still hear Link jumpin around, as if the game was still ON. So I turn off the Wii thinking the Wii just got shot. Wrong. The TV won't display anything. WTF.

Has anyone witnessed anything close to this? Rolling distortion, funky stuff? I'm starting to think that my Wii somehow killed my TV? Any thoughts as to what in the hell happened? Everything gets excellent ventilation, so it can't overheat. The artifacts just started Sunday after I plugged in my Wii. I don't know if the IR in the Wiimote screwed up the TV. But that doesn't seem logical since the remote control is IR. WTF is going on?!?!?1

It's the regular Dynaflat model, not the slimfit. Worked fine until the other day. I dunno what the heck is up with it. Just sits there with a black screen and a continual beep.

Hope you still have warranty on your TV! And while your at it, get your damn 360 fixed too while your still under warranty.

The wii did not harm your TV, but it does sound like your TV is dieing. Maybe your TV was already on its last legs, and you had a marathon gaming session upon getting the Wii that finished it off. Maybe the TV was just already dieing and the bright colors of wii games finished it off.

bread's done
Back