Umihara Kawase is disappearing digitially. Get it fast!

iast

CAGiversary!
Not exactly a "deal" per se, but the recent-ish Umihara Kawase digital releases in the US are quickly disappearing due to Agatsuma Entertainment, the company behind them, shutting down in early December.

They've already been delisted from Steam but Humble Store and Green Man Gaming still have keys for them.

HS:

Umihara Kawase - $9.99

Umihara Kawase Shun - $11.99

Sayonara Umihara Kawase - $14.99

Umihara Kawase Trilogy - $29.99

UK Trilogy is currently out of keys but says they should be getting more, hopefully.

GMG:

Umihara Kawase - $9.99

Sayonara Umihara Kawase - $14.99

GMG also has a 20% voucher good till Jan. 4, NWYEAR-20PERC-WTHGMG

The Vita port of Sayonara Umihara Kawase is still up on PSN for $19.99 and includes the original UK for free. Expect it to vanish relatively soon as well, maybe as early as next week's PSN update.

FWIW I don't know about PSN but on Steam when a game is delisted if you already own it you still retain access to it. It's just that no future purchases can be made for those that don't have it.

I bought Sayonara Umihara a while back on Steam and it's still in my library and I can still play it.

I would assume PSN works much the same way but I don't have too much on there yet and I don't think I have anything that has been delisted there.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW I don't know about PSN but on Steam when a game is delisted if you already own it you still retain access to it. It's just that no future purchases can be made for future purchases can be made for those that don't have it.

I bought Sayonara Umihara a while back on Steam and it's still in my library and I can still play it.

I would assume PSN works much the same way but I don't have too much on there yet and I don't think I have anything that has been delisted there.
I've seen a number of items delisted from PSN, mostly due to expiration of licensing agreements.

Same concept as Steam ... no longer available for sale, but still in your PSN library.

The issue is that you cannot search for it on PSN, you have to find and download from your PSN purchase history list, which is a complete pain in the a#@.

I've seen a number of items delisted from PSN, mostly due to expiration of licensing agreements.

Same concept as Steam ... no longer available for sale, but still in your PSN library.

The issue is that you cannot search for it on PSN, you have to find and download from your PSN purchase history list, which is a complete pain in the a#@.
Yeah, after all this time there is still no way to search our PS3/Vita download list in alphabetical order. Atleast that isn't a problem with PS4, though I don't think any PS4 games have been delisted yet.

cant w8 until all three are in an indie gala group buy for 93 cents

Bought Sayonara Umihara Kawase this morning. I can't play it on my Vita since I have PlayStation Mobile games on it, but I suppose I'll have to push it to my PSTV.

That whole thing with the PS Mobile games is just dumb.

Anyhow, I tried buying Umihara 1 from Magino Drive (shutup Blade) but it didn't like any of the 4 Visa cards I tried and they don't take Paypal. Only other thing I ever 'bought' there was a couple of free visual novels. I don't know if you need a Japanese credit card or I'd have to call the bank and tell them to allow international purchases (even though I buy from some game sites in Europe sometimes without issue) but I couldn't get it to work.

You'd probably need the help of someone in Japan I'd guess.

I assume i'm too late if i'd like to get a copy of Shun for Steam? Went ahead and bought Sayonara+ on PStv.

I assume i'm too late if i'd like to get a copy of Shun for Steam? Went ahead and bought Sayonara+ on PStv.
Yes I'm sad too, though I do think that the PS Vita version is very good and does come with the first game as well. Just needed Shun.

What's this about PS Mobile games having to do with Umihara Kawase?  My google skills have only shown me that they, PS Mobile games were delisted awhile back.  I have some on my Vita

What's this about PS Mobile games having to do with Umihara Kawase? My google skills have only shown me that they, PS Mobile games were delisted awhile back. I have some on my Vita
I can't download Umihara Kawase to the same memory card I already have in my Vita without risking the loss of all my PS Mobile games. And if I swap out memory cards, I won't ever be able to play them again. That's the joke. It has less to do with Umihara Kawase than it has to do with Sony not having a good contingency plan for Vita owners who had already purchased PSM content. So the only way I can play this game is on my PlayStation TV.

Just bought the Vita version on PSN and noticed that I also got the PS3 version since both versions now appear in my download list. 

Bit on Vita version. $20 is a lot for this game, but I wanted it on Steam before I knew it was being removed. Vita version is already gone from EU PSN, so I expect this to disappear from US PSN today.

Just bought the Vita version on PSN and noticed that I also got the PS3 version since both versions now appear in my download list.
There is no PS3 version. Vita games can be downloaded to PS3 and then transferred to Vita to play.

I still want to know why certain Vita games can only be downloaded by transferring from a PS3. That doesn't make one ounce of sense.

But neither does most of what Sony does.

Are there Vita games that require a PS3? I've only heard of PS1 games that need to be transferred. In that case I think it's a licensing issue.

Is it still there? Has anyone checked?

On a related note, Destructoid reports that someone loved the Super Famicom version of Umihara Kawase so much that they left a Super Famicom on and plugged in for 20 years to preserve a save file for the game:

http://www.destructoid.com/someone-left-a-snes-switched-on-for-20-years-to-preserve-a-save-file-331541.phtml
Still available.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/sayonara-umiharakawase-/cid=UP0967-PCSE00683_00-UMIHARAKAWASE000

Bit on Vita version. $20 is a lot for this game, but I wanted it on Steam before I knew it was being removed. Vita version is already gone from EU PSN, so I expect this to disappear from US PSN today.

There is no PS3 version. Vita games can be downloaded to PS3 and then transferred to Vita to play.
Glad that's cleared up about the lack of PS3 version. Thanks.

bread's done
Back