Unadvertised PS2 game sale at Fred Meyer: Persona 3 CE $30, Valkyrie Profile 2 $10

eau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Fred Meyer has an unadvertised sale on select PS2 games. They have yellow shelf tags indicating the sale. Took me a while to copy them down. Sale ends 4/26/08.

$9.99
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses
The Bigs
Bionicle Heroes
Black
Cars
Eragon
Fight Night Round 3
Harry Potter & Order of Phoenix
Major League Baseball
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
MVP '07 NCAA Baseball
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles
Petz Dogz 2
Ratatouille
Shrek the Third
Sly 3
Spider-Man 3
SpongBob SquarePants: Creature from Krusty Krab
Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night
Superman Returns
Tony Hakw's Project 8
WWE Smackdown vs Raw

$19.99
Dawn of Mana
Harry Potter Collection
MLB '07 Show

$29.99
Guitar Hero II
High School Musical
SMT: Person 3 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Syphon Filters: Dark Mirror
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Smith's Marketplace has added .hack GU Vol 2 to the $19.99 list. Not sure if it can be found for this price at a Fred Meyer though.

[quote name='thelonepig']Smith's Marketplace has added .hack GU Vol 2 to the $19.99 list. Not sure if it can be found for this price at a Fred Meyer though.[/quote]
No, it's still $29.99 tonight.

I was there this morning and they also had 20% off clearance games as well as discounts on various accessories... Can't remember exactly what now though...

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Persona 3 is the only worthwhile one. The rest are crap[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't played Sly 3. ;p

I was never a big fan of sly games. I played Sly Cooper 1 and thought it was ok but IMO not worth $10 for the 3rd ,especially a ps2 game.

It'd be nice if you could actually find a copy of Persona 3.. I'll check out my local Fred Meyers stores just in case. Last time I checked though (Saturday, I believe), neither of my two local stores had the game. Great price, if you can find it. Thanks op.

The copies at Fred Meyers have the Artbook and OST though. Something the FES Version does not have. Those who want to can purchase that version from Fred Meyers and trade in the Persona 3 Regular Edition (Keeping the extra stuff) and use it towards getting FES.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']you guys are aware that persona 3 is being re-released with additional content for $30 this coming week, aren't you?[/quote]

The Persona 3 he's talking about is the limited edition version can sell on ebay for 80+ bucks. You're looking at a $50+ profit when and if you decide to sell it off.

...if you can find it. :applause:

well...p3 isn't that expensive now is it? It's still fairly (relatively speaking) easy to find at full price at most stores-if one can sell that at 80+, I am sure it would make sense to "those guys" to snatch them up and sell them at the premium.

[quote name='RedEagleEX']The copies at Fred Meyers have the Artbook and OST though. Something the FES Version does not have. Those who want to can purchase that version from Fred Meyers and trade in the Persona 3 Regular Edition (Keeping the extra stuff) and use it towards getting FES.[/QUOTE]

ah. i was thinking people actually wanted to play it. you know, since its a game.

[quote name='thePhildown']The Persona 3 he's talking about is the limited edition version can sell on ebay for 80+ bucks. You're looking at a $50+ profit when and if you decide to sell it off.[/QUOTE]

ah. i was thinking people actually wanted to play it. you know, since its a game.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']ah. i was thinking people actually wanted to play it. you know, since its a game.[/quote]

Haha, you're clever. Because it's so absurd and wrong to buy and resell.

Sly 3 is certainly worth $10 if you haven't played it yet. I got my copy essentially for free from my cousin (paid him $17 for Contra III SNES, Dr Mario + Tetris, Sly 3, a SNES mouse, and NBA Live 2004, which I in turn sold Contra and Dr Mario + Tetrsi for a total of $40, but I told him he would get a lot more if he sold himself but he didn't care), but I would have paid $10 for a new copy.

Went to Fred Meyer in another town and found these additional sale items:

.hack//G.U. Vol. 2 Reminisce $19.99
God Hand $9.99
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria $9.99 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='eau']Went to Fred Meyer in another town and found these additional sale items:

.hack//G.U. Vol. 2 Reminisce $19.99
God Hand $9.99
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria $9.99 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:[/quote]

Glad to see some others do have GU 2 up for sale. I may have to go back for Godhand.

[quote name='eldergamer']Is valkyire profile 2 and the spyro game worth $10?[/QUOTE]

Valkyrie Profile 2 is, but Spyro is garbage.

If there was actually a Fred Meyer near me I'd totally look out for VP2, Godhand and Dawn of Mana.
Any generous CAG wanna help out a guy lookin for a deal?

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Valkyrie Profile 2 is, but Spyro is garbage.[/quote]

complete garbage? I really enjoyed the ps1 spyros. I know the ps2 ones dont have the same developer....

Is the spongebob game a decent hop'n'bop platformer?

Fred Meyer is running a 3-day sale with storewide super coupon savings this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. There is a 10% off coupon for games and accessories. It works on these PS2 games too.

A big YMMV if you plan to price adjust your previous purchases. I got denied because it's a 3-day coupon. Had it been a week long coupon they would adjust them for me. Oh, well.

I decided to check out my Fred Meyer today and was quite surprised to see the copy of Persona 3 that I returned several weeks ago still there. I figured at this point no one else wants it so I snagged it. I had bought it originally at $40 (using one of their $10 off $50 coupons back in Feb or so). But for $27 I figure it's worth it as a collectible. They still seem to be worth $50 and up on eBay despite the release of FES. In fact, it is quite odd as I swear they've gone up quite a bit (for a while they were only getting $40 or so). So if I want I can always make my money back if not a good chunk more.

I also picked up FF VII Dirge of Cerberus and another VP 2 since, like the Persona 3, no one else seems to want them. I couldn't let the $9 price on those go by ($9.99 - 10% for Thurs-Sat). Also, the clearance stuff is at 30% off now. I know FF VII DoC isn't supposed to be all that great but the reviews were decent enough for me to give it a shot at $9 - or at least to add it to my RPG collection even if I never play it ;).

I edited the title of this thread to reflect the two "best" deals (original Persona 3 and VP 2) since someone created a thread specifically for Persona 3 at Fred Meyer earlier today and I wanted the discussion to continue in eau's thread which has a lot of the other sale games listed.

Wow - I just assumed DoC was in the OP but I guess eau's store didn't have it. Well, then, if anyone wants it for $9 check Fred Meyer!

I picked up Persona 3 and Valkyrie Profile 2 in this sale. I probably should have kept P3 sealed for collector's value, but I didn't want to wait those extra few days for FES and I was curious about the artbook and soundtrack (the artbook is better than I expected. Haven't listened to the soundtrack yet though). I'm sure a complete set in good condition will still fetch a pretty penny on ebay in time, opened or not.

I apparently don't have a Fred Meyer within 200 miles of me. If anyone is nice enough to pick me up an extra copy of Persona 3, I'll gladly pay paypal for time/shipping/etc...

same request here-if anybody happens to be in Fred Meyers and want to pick up a copy of .hack GU vol2, I'd be glad to compensate for your effort.

[quote name='jererjerer']same request here-if anybody happens to be in Fred Meyers and want to pick up a copy of .hack GU vol2, I'd be glad to compensate for your effort.[/QUOTE]

That one I might be able to get for you - left that at my store yesterday. I'll see if it's still there today.

bread's done
Back