Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 - Amazon (59.99 --> $49.99)

That is a $9.99 increase since Dec 1st when they were matching Walmart,s price. Makes sense, since Walmart's price is back up to $50.00

[quote name='groundskeeper']That is a $9.99 increase since Dec 1st when they were matching Walmart,s price. Makes sense, since Walmart's price is back up to $50.00[/QUOTE]

They reduced to $49.99 around BF and then increased. It just went back down-- in case anybody missed it.

[quote name='Casteor']They reduced to $49.99 around BF and then increased. It just went back down-- in case anybody missed it.[/QUOTE]

They reduced it to $40.00 during BF. It was hovering at $49.99 for a bit before BF.

[quote name='Chemosh013']They reduced it to $40.00 during BF. It was hovering at $49.99 for a bit before BF.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I'm guessing that closer to the holidays, we may see it at $39.99. So it may be worth waiting a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I'm going to do.
I was all set to buy it at $40 but wanted to wait until Amazon sent me my $10 code for buying a PS3. They sent it to me literally an hour after it went back up to regular price earlier this week.

Gamestop may even have it for $29.99. I remember last year, when they had a $29.99 special on Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia, and Fallout 3 (all new games at that time).

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Gamestop may even have it for $29.99. I remember last year, when they had a $29.99 special on Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia, and Fallout 3 (all new games at that time).[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that was after the holidays. I believe they went (outside of possibly Fallout 3) to $49.99 and $39.99 because the first two are Ubi titles, and didn't sell insanely well, especially FC2, so they were looking for sales. Not to mention that other retailers had discounted those two games themselves earlier (quite quickly after there release, especially FC2) than an official price drop.

U2: AT will not be sold for $29.99 straight up brand new before holidays, least of all from GS.

If they decide to create a PS3 bundle with Uncharted 2 like they did with the 160gig. Then the price might not drop for a long while. Uncharted 1 didn't drop in price until it was unbundled and made a greatest hits. They waited their good old time for that.

bread's done
Back