Uncharted 2 Crushing Tips?

BennyWii

CAGiversary!
So I have every single trophy in Uncharted 2 except Beat it in Crushing (and platinum.) I found it be relatively easy to beat on hard but as soon as a got to Borneo in Crushing I am having a hard time progressing.
Any tips?
P.S. I dont run and gun usually I am just out of cover for that split second more than I should be, plus those damn grenades!

play mp online more. i played alot of the mp ( due to the 2 betas) and by the time i got the full game i beat crushing like it was nothing. plying mp gets you more accustomed to the overal game mechanics and you will get more practice with the diff weapons and know what to do with them and how to get the most out of them.

running and gunning is a useful skill to learn especially when using a shotgun or pistole and it can help you out alot in the sp game since the enemies dont always respond intelligently to your attacks.

you need to master the run gun hip fire followed by melee finish. you do a bunch of this online too. lol.

the cheapest tactic i recommend is when there's a ledge available, hang off it. the enemies aren't scripted to kill you while hanging off a ledge. hang and wait until you get close enough. then pull down kills. it worked really well in the ice mountain village scenes.

I found run and gun to be useless on crushing since you can die within 2-3 seconds if enough enemies are around. Boreno is probably the hardest part about crushing, especially when you get to the sunken ships.

The best advice I can give you is to stay away from enemies, take cover, and only fire in short bursts. Try to take out the enemies closest to you first. A handgun is really useful since you can get headshots pretty easily. Whenever a new batch of enemies show up, try to use a grenade to hit as many of them as you can (remember, you can aim your gun and then throw a grenade so it'll go real far).

[quote name='Vinny']I found run and gun to be useless on crushing since you can die within 2-3 seconds if enough enemies are around. Boreno is probably the hardest part about crushing, especially when you get to the sunken ships.

The best advice I can give you is to stay away from enemies, take cover, and only fire in short bursts. Try to take out the enemies closest to you first. A handgun is really useful since you can get headshots pretty easily. Whenever a new batch of enemies show up, try to use a grenade to hit as many of them as you can (remember, you can aim your gun and then throw a grenade so it'll go real far).[/QUOTE]

Hit the nail right on the head. Be patient and don't rush because if you do and try and get quick kills by running from your cover, you will be shot down instantly.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Hit the nail right on the head. Be patient and don't rush because if you do and try and get quick kills by running from your cover, you will be shot down instantly.[/QUOTE]
I just started Crushing and I tried to just go around doing my usual thing of run and gun and smashing people over the head and I ended up dying quickly :lol:

if you just want the trophy, there are ways to trick the game into letting you play crushing with the tweaks on your first play through.

[quote name='Vinny']I found run and gun to be useless on crushing since you can die within 2-3 seconds if enough enemies are around. Boreno is probably the hardest part about crushing, especially when you get to the sunken ships.

The best advice I can give you is to stay away from enemies, take cover, and only fire in short bursts. Try to take out the enemies closest to you first. A handgun is really useful since you can get headshots pretty easily. Whenever a new batch of enemies show up, try to use a grenade to hit as many of them as you can (remember, you can aim your gun and then throw a grenade so it'll go real far).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If you are under fire for like 2 seconds in the open, you're already dead on Crushing. You need to just be patient, and if enemies get close, blind fire. Borneo was actually one of the harder areas on Crushing for me, too.

One other bit of advice is try to kill as many people as you can with Stealth, as it seems that they don't detect you any easier on Crushing than they do on the easier difficulty levels. I finished almost the entire snow level after the train crash this way.

Is Borneo the city area? Or the area where *SPOILERS* Lazarevic's camp and there are waves of guys coming? *END SPOILERS*

I played a lot of Co-op and practiced on getting headshots (to get more points than my teammates) and then completed the campaign on Crushing without breakin a sweat. So try some co-op.

I tohught it pretty easy (ironically easier than hard) pprobably b/c I beat it on hard first. It only took me about 10 hours I don't know what is so hard.

[quote name='nbballard']if you just want the trophy, there are ways to trick the game into letting you play crushing with the tweaks on your first play through.[/QUOTE]
you can? How? I thought the tweaks only available in the setting you beat with or lower... i.e if you beat the game on HARD, then the tweaks available to you if you play HARD, NORMAL or EASY. How do you "trick" the game to use the tweaks to play CRUSHING? I really want to know! Thanks a million in advance!

[quote name='serenitygod']I tohught it pretty easy (ironically easier than hard) pprobably b/c I beat it on hard first. It only took me about 10 hours I don't know what is so hard.[/QUOTE]

uncharted 2 crushing was alot easier than crushing on uncharted 1. i finally went back to get all the trophies and i had a hell of a time doing it. going back you can see how much they improved everything especially grenades theyre pretty much worthless in uncharted 1.

There's always an easier way to clear the battle. Anyway, i'm still waiting for the "trick." How do you trick Crushing mode to use the tweaks you unlocked from Hard mode?

[quote name='Serpentor']There's always an easier way to clear the battle. Anyway, i'm still waiting for the "trick." How do you trick Crushing mode to use the tweaks you unlocked from Hard mode?[/QUOTE]

You should probably just google it. I've read about it as well, but haven't tried it. I believe it involves starting a new game on crushing, switching to hard and unlocking the tweaks, then switching back to crushing. I'm probably missing some steps in there, though.

Oh sweet mama, i'm gonna try this...

Actually you can unlock all trophies including beating the game with tweaks on unless it's your first playthrough. If you beat the game once on any mode then all you have to do on harder modes is...
1. start a game from chapter one.
2. go to the part where you pick up the first gun.
3. pause the game save it.
4. go to the game options and change the difficulty to whatever you beat it on before.
5. enable all of the tweaks you want to use. (I wouldn't do anything other than infinite ammo and one hit kills.)
6. (for backup purposes do it this way) go back and save your game to a new save file.
7. quit to the main menu.
8. from the main menu go to options and set the mode to the difficulty you have not beat, and wish to use cheats on.(great for hard and crushing)
9. go back to the main menu and click continue.

[quote name='lokizz']uncharted 2 crushing was alot easier than crushing on uncharted 1. i finally went back to get all the trophies and i had a hell of a time doing it. going back you can see how much they improved everything especially grenades theyre pretty much worthless in uncharted 1.[/QUOTE]

The updates and gameplay changes made in Uncharted 2 made a huge difference. I too went back to Uncharted to get the platinum after getting the platinum in Uncharted 2 and I had quite a bit of trouble. I fucking hated those jetski parts...

[quote name='Vinny']The updates and gameplay changes made in Uncharted 2 made a huge difference. I too went back to Uncharted to get the platinum after getting the platinum in Uncharted 2 and I had quite a bit of trouble. I fucking hated those jetski parts...[/QUOTE]
LOL, the water parts in part 1... I'm so glad they didn't do that in U2! The jetski part is not that bad, but you have to stop and shot, which is so freaking annoying since your stupid ski flows away...

bread's done
Back